hanan

Police raid in Jomtien complex 8 September

Apparently there was a big police raid in Jomtien complex Saturday evening. I was not there but heard about it from some boys. Police checked the bars for foreign workers and pee-tests for drugs. Anyone knows more details of problems for any bar or other things? I can't imagening any bar in the complex having cambodians working there though.

I personally can only say I think its a good thing that Police are looking for foreigners working in bars eg Cambodian, Lao etc.

One farang owned bar I went into seemed to have all Cambodian boys working there.

One boy I sat with had no grasp of English or even Thai.

Ironically another farang bar owner who had only Thai boys working for him told me he secretely welcomes the raid.

And I must say I do too, if its done correctly and not just because some bar owner didnt make a payment.

I will add too that I do believe other bar owners " dob" each other in , however I am not saying it happened in this case.

Obviously there was some " intelligence" that certain bars , apparently they raided 2, had more foreign boys employed.

Why do they take this risk?

If they are willing to risk foreign boys, then why not havd African or Filipino which im sure would be more popular than Cambodian.

I personally can only say I think its a good thing that Police are looking for foreigners working in bars eg Cambodian, Lao etc.

Welcome to the forum  and it's very bad that right away I need to disagree with you.

Don't Cambodian and Lao  boys have eyes or in fact dicks?

If you tickle them they laugh the same like us  and if you pinch them , they scream all the same.

I understand your position if you are Thai and you believe than foreigners are taking your jobs, just the same Amerians, Germans, South Africans or even Turkmen or Tajik  believe but if you are farang  what your beef with foreign boys is ?. Lao and Cambodians don't even look different than Thais and their cocks taste all the same.

In fact in my opinion Cambodians usually speak much better English than Thai boys.

I will add too that I do believe other bar owners " dob" each other in , however I am not saying it happened in this case.

Obviously there was some " intelligence" that certain bars , apparently they raided 2, had more foreign boys employed.

Why do they take this risk?

It's owners problems how they decide to run their businesses, what risks they are taking and whim they snitching on. We are just customers and bystanders and should be glad they staff their bars with boys , best they can. 

Only reason to justify those raids would be to prevent human trafficking but I doubt it's  a case , I'm yet to see foreign boy who did not have his passport on him which wouldn't be  a case  if he was enslaved way many  foreign workers in the Gulf  are.

Don't get discouraged by opposite views and stay in the forum but remember that illegal foreign workers and gays in many  countries are still classified the same alltogether  - unwelcome addition to a healthy body of nation so we swim in the same swamp.

The most popular, well certainly the busiest of the bars in the Complex have a high proportion of Cambodian and Laos boys, indeed one is almost 100 % Camboidian and with a Cambodian boss. 

I was sitting in a well known bar in Boyztown with another Board member just over a week ago when there was a police raid - seven or eight non Thai boys carted off. I believe the boss duly paid-up and they were back there on stage a couple of days later.

It seems like its only a problem for the boys themselves if the bar/shop owner refuses to pay.

A Cambodian boy I know at Scandic Massage knows what the usual fine will be if he is, by chance, picked up - and he keeps that amount available at all times just in case.

Regularly the ladboys of Beach Road are rounded up in a show raid - again they are used to it and know what the 'fine' will be  for a quick, quick release.

Like vinapu - I look at the boy and if I like him and we show some 'connection' then Bingo! - only later might I ask out of curiosity if they are Thai or not; their country of origin never has been a determining factor in whether or not I want to off them or not.

I wont comment further on these police raids other than to say that their true purpose seems to me self-evident. 

Like vinapu - I look at the boy and if I like him and we show some 'connection' then Bingo! - only later might I ask out of curiosity if they are Thai or not; their country of origin never has been a determining factor in whether or not I want to off them or not.

but if somehow we are forced to compartmentlize*  our choices I will be opting for Lao boys , for some reason I have always good luck with them ( and they with me I add shamelessly as I don't believe in ties between boys tip and minimum wage)

* I just invented that  word  for a purpose of my post

Not all non Thai boys are illegally in Thailand. I know two or three who return home regularly to renew their visas. There must be others.

There are definitely others. All the Cambodian boys I know in Sunee do a return home visit regularly when they need a 'visa run'. In June when I visited one bar had very few of their regular lads the first night I was there. All the Cambodian lads had returned home both to help with harvest and at the same time renew their visas. They were only back home for about seven days all told.