petric

siem reap hotel recommendations

in january i will travel for the first time in cambodia and vietnam. i will spend a few days in siem reap.

i have read recomendations in travelgayasia, where the indicate gay friendly hotels.  however, i am interested in hotels with relaxed visitor policy in range of 3 or 4 star hotels. i aould like to stay in hotel that i can bring guests for a few hours or overnight?

any experiences?  recocommendations?  looking forward to hear from you....

recommended....   or has liberal visitor policy?

Any place that advertises itself as "gay friendly"  on the website is either going to let your visitors in with a smile or will be out of business very quickly.

I checked Rambutan prices for early December and rooms are $84 a night.     

Last time I was in Siem Reap, it was about $22 a night at Ei8ht Rooms.   Gay friendly, undoubtedly a much lower standard and long since closed, due to lease issues. 

All depends on your budget, but since I don't expect to pay $84 a night in Cambodia, I would firstly search for a lower cost gay friendly hotel.     If that failed, I would look for a regular hotel near the town centre and e-mail them to confirm terms for joiners.  [if they mention a joiners fee, negotiate that away when you book]

Also, if anyone else has been to other Siem Reap hotels recently, low, medium or high budget, please share details here.

Begin of this month I was going to stay at Happy Zone Inn (where I stayed last year on recommendation of a friend), but found it closed (out of business?). So I went to Viva Hotel where I got superior (?) room for 20 USD for first night and standard room for about 10 USD for second night. No complaints about the room, no problem with joiners. 100 m to Pub Street.

rambutan was asking through booking.com for 2 nights in january 224 $.  i think it is to much for cambodia.  pool looks nice on pictures, however, i will be busy with temples through the day, and khmer beauties through the night.

i have booked a hotel in the neighbourghood. it looks nice on pictures and good evaluations on tripadvisor for 35 $ a night.

i will let you know, how it was when i get back.  including the name of hotel.