t0oL1

Anti-aging transfusion

So a startup company in the USA is offering an anti-aging blood transfusion from a younger donor to older recipient to counteract aging for the high high price of just $8000 for two pints transfused of HIV tested type-matched blood from a 16-26 year old donor.

Certainly this could be done in Thailand for 1/10 the cost and still make plenty of money for the clinic/donor.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ambrosia+transfusions&bext=mcr&atb=v119-6__&ia=web

8000 $ spent and clock is still ticking all the same like before.

Some satraps in antiquity believed that taking bath in blood of young  virgins gives them longevity but as far as I know they are still long gone. 

I think taking two Thai trips and spending that money on boy's tips would invigorate me more than such a transfusion.

I'm curious, vinapu..  Your reports describe all the various fun you encounter on your holidays but do you actually budget $4000 per trip??

I believe in some of vinapu's trip report, he gives details on his travel budget and spending.

Yes, when I find it I will post link to Bucky13 by PM in order not to derail this thread.

What a total scam! And to think people actually believe this crap! When you go into hospital for an operation and require several pints of blood, you have no idea who that blood comes from. Two of this pints are just as likely to be from a 20 year old as they are from a 50 year old. Does that mean you come out of the operation feeling younger? Of course. Because the surgery has helped cure your illness. It has absolutely nothing to do with having received a younger persons blood.

Someone is going to make a ton of money out of this because some people will believe anything.

What a total scam! And to think people actually believe this crap! When you go into hospital for an operation and require several pints of blood, you have no idea who that blood comes from.

1 I wouldn't dismiss the science without reading all the research on this topic. There may be perfectly good reasons why this works. Although even if I had blood transfusions from a 16 year old, at a Lance Armstrong frequency, I suspect at best the effect would be a modest improvement.

2 The second issue of controlling where the blood comes from, well I think you are correct to identify that risk. If I were interested in this kind of treatment (I am not), I would be looking for evidence of the organization actually collecting blood from a suitable demographic.

Incidentally, since many of us are of a certain age, if we ever needed a blood transfusion for some genuine medical purpose, I suppose it's statistically likely to be younger blood.

USA Today.com-

"Overall, nearly 60% of blood comes from people over 40-  and nearly 45% come from people older than 50, according from the AABB, an international non-profit focused on transfusion medicine and cellular therapies."

But I would hate to have actual facts or research data change anyones opinion.

I made a mistake in the original post - not type matched blood is given as the white and red blood

cells are removed.

Although the price of $8000 I can't justify as I don't actually know how many treatments are given

and what tests are covered I am certain I could get a one time transfusion of two pints at reasonable

cost at any clinic in TH.

Stick with the tried and true.

Walk more, eat less.

Easy to say but tougher to do.

Now there is good advice, which I follow. Not as much as I should, but way more than the average for my age.

However, I think there is no harm in keeping abreast of some of the advances in medical know how.