williewillie

Big Boys Bar on Pattayaland soi 1

I believe it might be 800 before midnight and 500 after midnight or something like that.

this may be  a case as I was for 00.30 show. 

I agree that boys are good looking , not necessarily everybody's type which is  a case with every boy including Tawan hunks, Moonlight models and Winners skinnies, but good looking with handsome faces guys there are.

And at least one mamasan , tall and handsome,  is offing material as well , as long as I can see . that's first of that quality I saw in Thai bars

We went to Big Boy tonight.

9-10 dressed gogo boys with numbers. Masculine guys, no twinks.

...Drinks 260 B. for soft drinks, 360 for alcoholic beverages.

...Smoking encouraged, ash strays everywhere.

5 ladymen lipsyching for a large part of the show...

Short time fee expected 2000, truly Bangkok  level .

A lot of excellent reasons for me not to set foot in the bar.

I might even change to the other side of the road when I pass.

I can put up with guys dressed. But not lipsynching Lady Boys.........

I’m in full agreement but realize that older gay farangs are a small minority in the show bars audience and that they cater to the

large majority audience , namely Chinese and other Asians who seem to enjoy lip syncing ladymen. The day of the older gay farang is

past and the present and future is Asians, straight couples, women in groups and gay Asian men.

The day of the older gay farang is past and the present and future is Asians, straight couples, women in groups and gay Asian men.

yes , in Boyztown  but is seems In Sunee and Jomtien we are still holding up.

Whatever it takes to keeps bars running is welcomed, all those groups you mentioned are keeping busines alive and kicking for us as well

Agree with you there Vinapu. There was still a good number of older gay farangs (including myself) to be seen in Sunee and Jomtien. Although it looks like we have surrendered territory in Boyztown. I will however do a reconisence during my next visit to Pattaya which will hopefully be in early December. It’s more than a year ago that I last offed from BT.

As I'm going in January I will eagerly await your report!

By the way, agree with everything that has been said.  But, I will search out the non-ladyboy bars while any still exist. Still, my privilege to order my own priorities.  With luck, I'll live long enough for that fad to fade among the Asians.

If the information you recieved is correct, this bar didn't last 3 weeks. That must be some kind of new record? It sure makes me yet again amazed of how many people in Pattaya during the years who clearly have no idea of how to run a bar and no clue about the market they try to attract, still spend lots of money on opening bars and then clearly without any realistic economic calculations and prognoses get disappointed very quickly and just close.

I turned up on opening night and found the place deserted. I went inside for a look but didn't stay.

They had three problems imho. Drinks were way too expensive, they didn't have enough guys and the bar was in a poor location.

Their business plan seemed all wrong. It was a case of open a bar and the customers will turn up. But they didn't.

Still, it's a shame every time a bar closes.

When i read that they are "borrowing" boys for their shows, that in itself spells trouble. If u have problem mannig your bar, u wont have a bar, period. Its true for any business actually, especially the service industry, and the importance increase few folds when its a business that already have numerous identical businessess in the surrounding area. When it doesnt goes as expected, a prudent investor will cut the losses and move on

nothing wrong with having external help for show participants and it happens quite often - best example are B-Boys performing in both BBB and XBoys.

When  I visited ca. 10 days ago they had actually at least of dozen  go-go, all reasonably good looking , none looked out of place.

As for location, XBoys somehow manages to soldier on and it's only across the soi. 

But perhaps as spoon suggests, they gave themselves only so much time to get it rolling and when it did not work, they cut their losses and run away. I feel sorry for the boys / and that handsome mamasan /