Freighter

How does Tawan work?

Hi,

So I've had one or two massages before, but now I'm interested in visiting Tawan and enjoying the muscular guys.

I had some questions about how it works though. At a massage shop you obviously have a built in room to go to. And the prices are set.

What kind of prices can I expect to pay and which would that be? I assume there's the entrance fee, and I heard about a price for 'offing' a guy? And then a tip?

I was hoping someone could write a short 'guide' for me about what to expect and what I should keep in mind.

Also how would it work with a room? Do they provide a private room or do you have to book somewhere?

What can I expect a guy from Tawan to do?

Thanks!

Tawan massage or Tawan bar - you seem to be conflating the two?

Massage place beside Tawan is called actually Sun massage which is the same thing as I was told that Tawan means ' sun '  in Thai.

I addition to excellent paulfort piece above:

if you unwilling / don't want to take boy to your  hotel boys will know short time rooms and I was told that for that purpose they can use massage room in Sun , right beside  the bar. You will be charged extra for that 300-500 baht I guess.

As for tips, short time which is 1-3 hrs , 2000 should be accepted with smile , boys will try for more seeing sparks in your eyes (been there , done that ) but 2500 is very generous and unless you really enamored with boy , try to stick with 2000. In low season , slow day newish boys may accept even as low as 1500 but don't count on it.

Long-time which is overnight or as I always specify ' till breakfast'  - 3000  but they definitely will be pressing for 4000 or even as high as 5000 but if you stick your ground 3000 should be accepted and newish boys will smile at 2500 perhaps. 

As they are invariably very friendly don't lose your head but if you really like boy, don't try to economize either as some of them are very popular and can be taken fast.

I noticed that boys take early , like between 9-11 p.m. may tend to rush things hoping to finish you and return to the bar for another chance, closer to midnight they may be more  relaxed and amendable but best choices may be gone already.

But really what best choice is ? My dreamboy may not warrant second glance from you and vice versa.

When you having drink in the bar with them they are not averse to some discreet inspection and not shy to kiss if you ask them.

Mamasans are not pushy which can't be said about many other bars.

You will have blast there, just enter with smile 

Vinapu,

Massage place beside Tawan is called actually Sun massage which is the same thing as I was told that Tawan means ' sun '  in Thai.

I'm sure your right. It has been a number of years that I have ignored Bangkok in favor of going directly to Pattaya. It was called Tawan Massage on the sign. In fact, if you check the current ad in Thai Puan you will see the same "Tawan Massage" with a smaller sun underneath. I guess they never paid for a new ad design.

i try to get long time with the boys. but, they just prefer short time. they hv reason that they hv early workout gym next morning, or something next morning.

anyway, any tricks/ proper way to ask the boys for long time, overnight? any experiences?

that's true . often they mention other job , gym or even taking kids to school as excuse for skipping on long time , rarely if ever I heard that their girlfriend / boyfriend / wife is obstacle though. I guess money speaks

What softens their stance? first have drink with them , it works much better than just showing up , calling boy and asking about  long time.

Second , if you offed them short time previously , they kind of know what to expect  in both terms of tip and your personality and may be much more  enthusiastic , worked for me many times.

Third, if you are known to other boys in the bar, mention that. Their recommendation may work.

I even had a case when boy hold firm  on requested tip  until his bar friend told him what he got night before and off we went, three of us  in fact as they talked me to taking both of them, LOL

Be aware that scenario may also work against you -  tip you paid will be expected by all but I found that simple explanation " I only pay that to X " worked specially if boy taken is untested  for you.  

Thanks everyone for the great replies! So helpful! I'm going to visit tomorrow night, so hopefully it's a good experience thanks to your help! I'll let you guys know how it went.

we wish you good luck and are waiting impatiently for  your impressions from Tawan and rest of BKK gay scene

was there last week. unfortunately, most of the guys are off season. i can count less than 5 who can be in the muscle guys category and maybe another 5 in the toned categoy. but the bar was at least 3/4 full on a weekday night and full on the weekend. they have up'ed the sleaze factor, with lots of guys going around the big cock show. the katoey show was dropped when i was there. hope it is permanent as i don't really enjoy them.

400 baht is pretty expensive, I remember it was 250 in the past.

and then were those who complained  on Dreaded Ned and others sites of the day  that 250 is expensive because they recalled it was 150.

The same when we think about prices of gas in our countries . Not worth stressing ourselves out about inflation, it is what it is.

One poster, sorry I can't remember who noted the really small amount that fees and drinks had gone up compared to other things in life. Grocery costs in the US are incredibly high. Yet, I have been paying around $1,500 for airfare to Thailand for years. I can't recall the time frame, but it's been around ten years. This amazes me far more than the cost of a drink in a Gay Bar.

The last pizza I had delivered in South Florida cost me the same as a 500 B. off fee - which do you think promises me the most pleasure?

Tawan still charge 400bhat per entry, keep the ticket as exchange to any drinks.

I took beer, but won't finish it. as i had gastritis. too bad.

The shows start late, around 11pm. Each shows last about 5 mins. As usual, shows end with which man can ejaculate further.

the men, some more to physique, some are bulky, most of them are off season.

the men always knew which customer who will off them. they just sat together side by side for luck.

I need help, anyone here knew real id of the tawan muscle men in social media?

need to remember them. to avoid public expose, can pm me those muscle men id.