dankfq

go-go bar hopping (Oct 2018)

That was the most awkward experience ever, with 15 pairs of hungry eyes staring at me, but none of them was my cup of tea.

DANKFQ : any particular type that turned you off. I mean what's on offer in G boys?

actually I wasn't turned off, it was just...awkward and kinda embarrassing.

most of the boys are twinks (not my cup of tea), and some of them look wayyyy too young (almost like high school students).

when I arrived at 11pm, mamasan told me the show will start soon, but after 20 mins still no show, and I was still the only customer... (I guess they only have shows when there are more customers?)

so I decided not to waste my time, and proceed to other bars instead.

when I left, I smiled and nodded at the boys on stage, and they waved goodbye enthusiastically hahaha!

G-Boys is basically the old X-Size crew and its a nice little bar, but agree it not an ideal location as tucked down that little Soi, hopefully will get more trade after high season as more people learn its actually there!  The boys there are friendly and happy bunch, I have one Viet playmate (brother of another Viet I know) who works there so tend to nip in regularly.

How many of the lads in this bar are Vietnamese ?    

I'm suspecting those of us who expect full service might just have to do some filtering in this bar.

My normal modus operandi is to just to select a guy & then ask him directly what he does, without any input from the mamasan.   If a good proportion don't offer full service, then I might just have to use the mamasan to avoid having a long bar tab & no boy to off.   That's if the bar has reliable mamasans.

"I'm suspecting those of us who expect full service might just have to do some filtering in this bar."

Honestly, you need to "filter" in any bar. Explain what you want and make a deal. Your only reasonable complaint is when a guy refuses to live up to the bargain. I think too many of us continue to paint the Vietnamese with a very wide brush. They're human, they vary in their likes and dislikes, etc. Just like us. I, for one, love to kiss - everything else is negotiable. Having said that I have even negotiated around that. But I demand the bargain struck be kept.

G-Boys is basically the old X-Size crew and its a nice little bar, but agree it not an ideal location as tucked down that little Soi, hopefully will get more trade after high season as more people learn its actually there!  The boys there are friendly and happy bunch, I have one Viet playmate (brother of another Viet I know) who works there so tend to nip in regularly.

oh! no wonder X-Size was closed when I visited Soi Twilight this time round...

last year I off-ed a Thai hunk from X-Size, but I didn't see him in G-Boy...wonder where he went...

Only Xsize and Dicks closed in Twilight. Xsize rebranded as G-Boy across the street.

Banana Bar, Hot Male, Hot Male 2, XBOYS, FreshBoys, Dreamboys, Classic.

Bangkok Massage, Bonny Massage

Maxis Restaurant.

As September has ended and hopefully early October will start to see the winding down of the rain that has been messing things up lately , there has been signs of an uptick of Business. Several forum members have returned for winter. Most bars and clubs

Stocked with lots of boys, some new and many from years past. XBoys and Freshboys dropped prices from 400 to 350

Please can someone give precise location of G-Boys? Thanks

leave soi Twilight at Surawong exit - you will see Greek temple like building, cross the street right there , immediately past that building  there's soi with Wall Street Hotel, G-Boys are beside it , sign is poking out and is actually visible from Suriwong , during business  hours there are touts  for the bar drumming up business at the mouth of the soi