Alizizou

Moonlight Gogo Bangkok

I am also wondering if the frequency of their on stage appearance directly relates to need for money.

You know how we always think we know everything about our favourite movie stars based on their performances and the gossip surrounding their personal lives but we don't because what we think we know are only their public personas.  It's the same with these guys; you only see them for a few hours performing either on stage or in your bedroom.  Like you and I, they have lives outside of work, which we may know very little of and can only speculate about.  My guess is they have pretty mundane lives like most people; work, study, family, girlfriends, wives, boyfriends, sugar mummies, sugardaddies, gym, hobbies, sport, occasional night out with friends, travelling.  Any of these factors could affect the frequency of their appearances.  I have a feeling that these guys are not financially desperate and come to work occasionally not out of need but possibly out of boredom and to supplement an already steady source of income.  Besides, if they're already getting so much at one go, they can afford to work only when they want to and even pick their customers.  Capitalism at its best.

Many of the models are in fact models/actors, so the bar definitely have to step up on their salary offering.

Sorry, I don't mean to catch you, spoon, but can you provide examples of some of the modelling or acting work that these guys have done?  I don't mean underwear show nights at clubs and body beautiful contests but runway, photographic or TV gigs?

I think the 'model' moniker comes from their experiences in underwear/fitness modelling, photo shoots in naughty mags or poolside fashion shows for the ladies-who-lunch.  Not to be scoffed at as these guys are hot with impressive packages and they can make decent money from these kinds of gigs.  And if a khunying or thanpuying fancies them, doors can open in more ways than one.  OR the model tag could just be a branding and marketing tactic by the bar to charge higher prices for their hotter boys  But it's not what industry watchers would call real modelling.  Unlike farangs in Pattaya, real Thai models wouldn't be caught dead in a brothel.  You might see them at RCA and rooftop bars with the other beautiful people, or as a guest paid to market a particular product at certain clubs.  As a kept hoe to a MR maybe but they would never sell their asses in public like that.

Either way, i think its a refreshing idea to actually have something a bit more upscale in these sleazy business. Though many of us might not be able to enjoy it, its nice to have an option when u do decide to splurge on yourself once in a while.

Yeah, I get you.  Although I'm not in a position to hire their services, I like the feel and vibe of these venues and the view on stage and off. Very different from Pattaya.

Sorry, I don't mean to catch you, spoon, but can you provide examples of some of the modelling or acting work that these guys have done?  I don't mean underwear show nights at clubs and body beautiful contests but runway, photographic or TV gigs?

I think the 'model' moniker comes from their experiences in underwear/fitness modelling, photo shoots in naughty mags or poolside fashion shows for the ladies-who-lunch.  Not to be scoffed at as these guys are hot with impressive packages and they can make decent money from these kinds of gigs.  And if a khunying or thanpuying fancies them, doors can open in more ways than one.  OR the model tag could just be a branding and marketing tactic by the bar to charge higher prices for their hotter boys  But it's not what industry watchers would call real modelling.  Unlike farangs in Pattaya, real Thai models wouldn't be caught dead in a brothel.  You might see them at RCA and rooftop bars with the other beautiful people, or as a guest paid to market a particular product at certain clubs.  As a kept hoe to a MR maybe but they would never sell their asses in public like that.

I could not agree more.  It's nothing but marketing to a certain segment and by the response here it appears to be a successful one. I prefer less pretense and more reality in my brothel choices.

Sorry, I don't mean to catch you, spoon, but can you provide examples of some of the modelling or acting work that these guys have done? I don't mean underwear show nights at clubs and body beautiful contests but runway, photographic or TV gigs?

Really? sglad

We all know every models aren’t as successful as BOY-Pakorn ChatBorirak,บอย-ปกรณ์.

I find your above comment unnecessarily unkind to spoon.

There was an aspiring actor who used to work at Twilight massage shop and became “real” TV actor.

I'm under impression that some of us like to analyze that model phenomena at Moonlight to death. 

Don't worry about how they make their money, what they do apart from bar work,   just go , order a drink and enjoy the eye candy. If inclined so invite them to sit with you and even if more inclined take them off . What is important is that they look great and seem to be friendly and approachable . 

Show is good too and not entirely repetitive and for budget oriented regular go-gos are mostly of first quality as well. Certainly somebody takes good care about employee selection there.

I prefer less pretense and more reality in my brothel choices.

what you need is to go and see for yourself and only then opine about excessive pretense and shortage of reality.

I wish I was smart enough to even understand what your comment really means. 

I'm under impression that some of us like to analyze that model phenomena at Moonlight to death. 

Don't worry about how they make their money, what they do apart from bar work,   just go , order a drink and enjoy the eye candy. If inclined so invite them to sit with you and even if more inclined take them off . What is important is that they look great and seem to be friendly and approachable . 

Show is good too and not entirely repetitive and for budget oriented regular go-gos are mostly of first quality as well. Certainly somebody takes good care about employee selection there.

vinapu,

I agree with - I think - your general sentiment that we should go and do what pleases us and try to have a good time.  But can anything be "analysed to death" on this forum where the same venues (and guys!) are visited again and again?  Nothing wrong with that but, in my opinion, putting through these shared experiences through different cultural prisms and personal lenses can bring about interesting and new perspectives.

Well dont you know that mr babe is real model?..i meant underwear model...LOL

post-16353-0-42194800-1539712673_thumb.png

what you need is to go and see for yourself and only then opine about excessive pretense and shortage of reality.

I wish I was smart enough to even understand what your comment really means. 

Vinapu, I have been there. I was there when Jupiter 2000 opened for the millennium. I have, simply, never liked it.   I have said that if the business model works for you than it is fine. I never, ever, window shop. If it's not for sale or if it's priced, in my opinion, absurdly high, then I move on.

You have suggested I go and see Moonlight and I plan to. Just understand I have been to Jupiter many times and I'm over it. I think I have earned the right to "opine" about it.

I like to use the metaphor of cooking.

Some people go to Thailand and rave about the cooking of the royal court and pay dearly for it. I prefer a simple Pad Thai and search for the best preparation - simple home cooking.

That's what I look for in a bar. A simple, comfortable place where I can talk to the boys, sit with them and find the boy next door type I love.

vinapu,

I agree with - I think - your general sentiment that we should go and do what pleases us and try to have a good time.  But can anything be "analysed to death" on this forum where the same venues (and guys!) are visited again and again?  Nothing wrong with that but, in my opinion, putting through these shared experiences through different cultural prisms and personal lenses can bring about interesting and new perspectives.

100 % agree with what you say. My point is that in order to discuss beauty of Himalayas or view from Eiffel tower is better to prepare ourselves by visiting  respectively Nepal or/ and China and Paris first. Nothing more , nothing less. 

Vinapu, I have been there. I was there when Jupiter 2000 opened for the millennium. I have, simply, never liked it.   I have said that if the business model works for you than it is fine. I never, ever, window shop. If it's not for sale or if it's priced, in my opinion, absurdly high, then I move on.

You have suggested I go and see Moonlight and I plan to. Just understand I have been to Jupiter many times and I'm over it. I think I have earned the right to "opine" about it.

I'd be waiting for your impression as in my opinion , other than location , Jupiter 2000 and Moonlight have nothing in common and completely different vibe. 

Chances are that I support your opinion about Jupiter 2000 fully, I liked bar and looks of their boys but never had any good luck with them, Fortunately can't say the same about Moonlight- 4 off and all worth  a trouble and definitely none of ofees was time watcher - serious affliction of former Jupiter boys I was dealing with.

so extrapolation of old Jupiter experience to Moonlight may be misplaced IMNSHO

so extrapolation of old Jupiter experience to Moonlight may be misplaced IMNSHO

Vinapu, be fair. You yourself quoted me yesterday when I said, "Jupiter no, Moonlight - I suspect no..."  That is just my suspicion and I will check it out and arrive at my own conclusions.

very handily  short time rooms of Suriwongse are literally few steps away.

Now I am aware of this, I may avail of its services next time. But as I had less than an hour of my own allotted time, the high cost of models and my top choice (Sunny) was not available...I rather wait for next trip than off in haste and repent at leisure.

Now I am aware of this, I may avail of its services next time. But as I had less than an hour of my own allotted time, the high cost of models and my top choice (Sunny) was not available...I rather wait for next trip than off in haste and repent at leisure.

you did right thing, if you are in rush guy will sense it and session will be ruined by both of you. My comment was directed to all reading this thread and possibly not aware about short time room options there.

Moonlight boy

He is straight and only accepts off for drinking and clubbing by male customers. So he says.

I spoke with an expat guy who frequently visit Moonlight.

He has seen Sunny offed by ladies but not male customers yet.

He also saw Babe with a female customer eating at Taniya food stall after midnight.

as long as those guys tell up front what they are or aren't up to this is no problem. Moonlight,  like others are boy bars not gay bars.

But my advice for myself and everybody else would be talk to the boy in question directly and find out from him.

Miracles happen, money speak as well.

But my advice for myself and everybody else would be talk to the boy in question directly and find out from him.

Miracles happen, money speak as well.

Damn right. When the rent's due and you're not asking for "full service" lots of guys, from time immemorial, have found themselves up for a cuddle and a blow job.