Alizizou

Moonlight Gogo Bangkok

My friend reports that Tam hasn’t been working for several days as his female customer is in town and the Moonlight models have been partying with her every night in Fake and RCA. Apparently Babe is a lightweight drinker and passed out in her hotel room last night as the other boys laughed at him.

I've been following this thread for quite some time...

now I will finally get a chance to go see them in flesh very soon. I am visiting BKK next week for about one week, and I cant wait to see them in person.

I got a quite naïve and practical question to bother my seniors... how do you clean yourself after you get back to your hotel room with a boy whom you offed from the bar???

I've been following this thread for quite some time...

I got a quite naïve and practical question to bother my seniors... how do you clean yourself after you get back to your hotel room with a boy whom you offed from the bar???

Hi student, myself arrived back in BKK last week-for the xy.th nr of times. Dont wory to much-the guy you hire for service will have done that many, many times (usually) and will easily lead the scene. Other as many here seem to think, this is TH: there are NO strict set rules, procedures, prices, manners or whatever-it can be different any time. It may even be diffrent by the same guy the 2nd time. As a very broad general rule-you always take a thorough shower before the deed and before this is most often done separate-but again, together can also be done or maybe more fun. Beware the guys who then try to let you come right then-after the water has burst (nam awk  in Thai), the fun is over.

My friend was in Moonlight recently and had a bottle of Black Label open. Two of the models came down to join him in between shows. Having drunk with them before, he was quite surprised when they asked for boy drinks of Coke. Firstly because they have a good enough rapport that they don’t try to make money off him and always drink whatever he has open, knowing that at some point a more generous tip will be handed out. Secondly he is aware that whisky or beer is their poison of choice. They are happier having a shot of Black Label with water than a sugary Coke which wreaks havoc on their proudly maintained bodies.

Upon further questioning they told him the drinks were “for bar”. And explained that owner was a “good man” who looked after them well. Apart from the aggressive model recruitment campaign that Moonlight has on, the fair basic pay and good HR policy (such as not being penalised if they are sick and absent, which is what other employers do) is why floor boys are flocking over from other bars. They stressed several times that the Moonlight boss looked after them properly ans they were trying to play their part in keeping the bar in business, so my friend wouldn’t think he was being unnecessarily being ripped off for drink fees, which he could fully appreciate. Right now there are adequate customers but not always enough business to go around all the floor boys every single night of the week, “we still new bar”. The models are paid well and also have side incomes from other jobs or venues, which is why you do not see them every night. However the floor boys are required to be on rotation every evening and make their extra money from customer offs. Apparently the owner makes sure each boy is on an even financial keel and not short for rent or food money, gambling that happy boys stay on and a bigger stable of boys will eventually mean more customers as the bar’s reputation grows. The owner is also hoping to invest more money into new dance instructors and the guest performers to build up the acts.

I wanted to share this anecdote with the Moonlight-goers among us. If you’ve happened to have one drink too many or bought a few extra boy drinks, be assured that it’s going back to look after the boys and grow the bar, not just lining the owner’s pockets!

Whilst Hanks story above seems admirable and plausible... in my experience it is more likely that the boys have a "Quota" of boy drinks that they must get for the month. If they don't make their quota then they have their salary severely cut. This is certainly the case in other places like NAB, Fake etc. that have "models"

On the previous occasions the boys had probably mad their quota already so were not pushing for boy drinks

Of course Moonlight may be different and the owner may be a philanthropist.....but I strongly doubt it!

Whilst Hanks story above seems admirable and plausible... in my experience it is more likely that the boys have a "Quota" of boy drinks that they must get for the month. If they don't make their quota then they have their salary severely cut. This is certainly the case in other places like NAB, Fake etc. that have "models"

On the previous occasions the boys had probably mad their quota already so were not pushing for boy drinks

Of course Moonlight may be different and the owner may be a philanthropist.....but I strongly doubt it!

colmx, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between. It’s likely correct that the boys have been told to push harder for drinks and to bring their regular customers into the bar. My friend is generally known as being a soft touch as well, LOL. But he does know the boys well and they have a habjt of being exceptionally candid with him even on a personal level, as much as their “face” allows. That they are truly happy with their boss is probably not cooked up, additionally demonstrated by the fact that they are recruiting friends into the bar...that’s where some of the new models are coming from, including Atom whom we are currently admiring. But I am in no way suggesting the owner (who also owns Hot Male I believe) is a philanthropist, rather just a savvy businessman who sees the potential in Moonlight and trying to run things properly. Happy boys, happy punters and all that.

I think we should look at this idea of a "quota" as what it is: business. Take a call center and from long experience, you know the average worker handles x num er of calls a day. Come review time x is the norm and less than X is bad and more than X is a better review. This is not a quota it's a way to evaluate performance in a transactional environment.

If you're reality-based you must understand that the bar knows which guys get the most off's, the most drinks, draw in people, etc. Of course, you pay them better and they make out better - it's a simple business matrix. Of course, they're told to push for drinks and bring people in. I'm sure the managers are rewarded for higher profits. Why would anyone expect a difference?

just a savvy businessman who sees the potential in Moonlight and trying to run things properly. Happy boys, happy punters and all that.

a bigger stable of boys will eventually mean more customers as the bar’s reputation grows. The owner is also hoping to invest more money into new dance instructors and the guest performers to build up the acts.

be assured that it’s going back to look after the boys and grow the bar, not just lining the owner’s pockets!

as far as I see in the mirror it works, for years I was saying publicly on this forum that for me BBB is overall  the  best bar in Thailand but after my last trip , again publicly,  I gave Moonlight that coveted Vinapu's Most Favorite Bar tittle, LOL

Fun to be in , only somewhat intrusive mamasans, discounted second drink , great selection of both models and regular guys,  boys  friendlier than in other upscale bars and show changing a bit every time  makes it bar is fun to be in. 

Only hope success will not spoil it.

I am writing this in response to asnstudent’s experience in a separate thread. Firstly let me clarify this is not a “warning” or in any way trying to dissuade members from offing Nicky. He still is a stunner, an interesting personality, and as vinapu has reported, has the potential to be an excellent off.

However I feel a guilty about not posting these remarks sooner, as asnstudent might have had a more fortunate encounter otherwise. So please take this in the spirit of sharing feedback rather than slagging off a particular boy.

As already suggested here on the forum, I can confirm that there is a certain interest among several mamasans to get Nicky as many offs as possible. Of course he may just be the darling of the bar, but more likely he is offering them some incentives to get him as much business as possible. (Edit: we will never fully know a boy’s financial situation and the hustlers may have a real need for money- so like for any hard worker we should always offer benefit of doubt)

If Nicky is your choice to begin with, do off him by all means. But don’t let yourself get strong-armed by one of the mamasans in his favour. A different, but equally trusted source who has already a regular Moonlight boy, was rather perturbed to have Nicky repeatedly offered to him by a mamasan in an attempt to cut out the other boy.

My friend who has met and interacted with Nicky but did not see him for some time was rather shocked upon meeting him recently. His original impression was of a lively, healthy, image conscious boy; a little more forward in courting a customer, but not unattractively so. Typical money boy, very interested being treated by customers and collecting drink fees, but with some expectation management (which is why I mentioned he may not be the right fit for newbies) not overly greedy and good company. More sophisticated and presentable than some of the other lads, and good to bring to hi-so establishments because he is comfortable in those settings and genuinely enjoys himself rather than suffering in silence.

This time he found Nicky very strange in mood and conversation, and seemed to have taken his recent facial work too far. He had lost a visible amount of weight, which my friend could see even from across the bar. Still hunky with a defined swimmer’s body, but not as robust as before. He couldn’t quite pinpoint it but something felt off to him. He told Nicky “oh you’ve lost weight” which was not exactly a compliment, to which Nicky delightedly replied “Yes yes thank you!”

Later on he bluntly asked one of the other models “What’s wrong with Nicky?” The other model, loyal to his friend, gave a vague but assenting answer from which my friend deduced Nicky was on some sort of substance, either amphetamines or another upper to keep himself fit for bar work...and this was starting to take a toll.

My apologies for the long winded story. To be brief, any members who may be thinking of offing Nicky should really take the time to chat with him in the bar first and make sure he is on-form that day and can provide satisfaction, and the financial terms and plans for off are 100% to your liking.