paborn

A Twink by any other name....

I've been thinking of the various types we talk about here and thought we might do well to define our terms. I think that there is a fair amount of agreement as to muscle boys, but some confusion about twinks.

I googled the term and got this:
"Twinks are often clean-shaven to emphasize a youthful, fresh-faced appearance.[13] They are generally in their early 20s and slim, often with a boyish appearance.[14] Some use the term to refer to those generally effeminate in nature, though this is not universal.[15] The term has been used by bears and other gay men in a derogatory and pejorative manner.[13][16] In some cases, it is a neutral descriptive term and can be contrasted with a bear" - Wikipedia.

When I say twink I have no intention of inferring anything feminine. I think we have "fem" to more than explain that. What I'm conveying by the term is an 18 to 25-year-old, clean shaven, slender young man. The epitome of the type has the washboard stomach that is also referred to as a swimmers' build. Sort of the boy next door type on steroids or boy next door in a LOVELY neighborhood.

I get the impression, however, that many here mean small, feminine, even scrawny. I wonder how the rest of you define the types. I think this might help when we discuss what we see in the bars.

Generic photos might help.

For me is easy - twink is type of boys I don't like look of due to insufficient body mass.

Doesn't mean that I don't utilize thier attributes and if somebody is in doubt should spy on me last night.  Went home with six packed twink, yes , no contradition here

Twink to me is the skinny type that look late teens, my preference is swimmer or toned but not overly muscular.

Actually, Spoon, I think you'll find photos that bear labels conforming to the posters idea. I'm finding that the perception varies widely by person and might even be due to that poster's national origin. Muscular and bear are more clearly understood than twink.

Twink to me is the skinny type that look late teens, my preference is swimmer or toned but not overly muscular.

Tmax, for example, is close to my idea. But, my twink is a swimmer or toned type. But, he might be late teens. Check out the freshman on a college swim team. I opened this topic because when talking about what type is on offer in different bars we do a better service to the group here if we are clearer.

Took this of the Gay Thailand page, the right is what I class as a twink and the one on the left is close to perfect for me and the one on the left can pound me into the mattress any time and as many times as he wishes.

post-9337-0-64068100-1539226238_thumb.jpg

Thailand too...at least those sad sort of mustaches anyway. It's been going on for a couple of years now

I think it's adorable, like when your fifteen year old nephew is trying to grow a moustache out of his peach fuzz.