paborn

Dream Boys Bangkok

Dreamboys was barely half filled last night. No China tour group. About 20 customers watching show. After show, everyone went down. Coyote boys were dancing in black briefs. After 10 minutes later, boys in white briefs went on stage. About 15 boys. One customer suddenly walked to stage and threw a stack of 100 baht notes. The boys quickly grabbed the notes.

Throwing money at the guys on stage is crass, imho.

So disrespectful.

I wonder how the Indian guy gets paid. Does his boss throw his wage at him??

Sorry, the indian guy was the one who handing tips personally to the guys. There is no race mentioned of the guy who threw the stash of 100 baht notes on the stage.

So disrespectful.

Last January at Jupiter, I saw hundreds of 20 baht notes falling down from 2nd floor seat to the stage.

Waiters and mamasans rushed to the stage and picked up like piranhas.

Interestingly none of the gogo boys tried.

I have never seen someone using money guns at boy gogo but apparently Asian customers like using at girls gogo/karaoke bars.

So disrespectful.

I wonder how the Indian guy gets paid. Does his boss throw his wage at him??

So you expect gogo-visitors to ask boys of their bank details so they can transfer the tip to their accounts?

Every time I have seen a customer throw bills or ping pong balls at gogo-boys or -ladies on the stage they've certainly looked happy and enjoyed the game of trying to get as many as possible before the others.

Sorry, the indian guy was the one who handing tips personally to the guys. There is no race mentioned of the guy who threw the stash of 100 baht notes on the stage.

Sorry. It seems I combined two posts.

"So you expect gogo-visitors to ask boys of their bank details so they can transfer the tip to their accounts?"

No. I expect the guys to be treated with respect. Watching them pushing each other side to grab the money while the customers all laugh at them is humiliating, imho.

You may have noticed that in Boyzboyzboyz many of the guys refuse to participate in the ping pong ball antics. I wonder why?

When I tiIp the cleaners in my hotel or the reception staff I don't throw the money at them and watch them fight over it; I hand it to them.

No need for a bank transfer.

So you expect gogo-visitors to ask boys of their bank details so they can transfer the tip to their accounts?

Every time I have seen a customer throw bills or ping pong balls at gogo-boys or -ladies on the stage they've certainly looked happy and enjoyed the game of trying to get as many as possible before the others.

Did they "look happy" or were they giggling in embarrassment to hide the shame? Since I can't be sure I'll just continue handing the tip to them.

Throwing bills on the stage is frankly obnoxious. Are they going to grab for them? They are already selling their asses for money. This doesn’t mean they have no self respect but that they’ve learned to block those feelings to survive. So sure, they will make a grab for a bill especially if rent is due - but it doesn’t make themselves feel any better about themselves. The least we can do is treat the boys with dignity so they can believe in the same about themselves and feel that even the world’s oldest professional is worthy of some respect and decency from their clientele. Or else, forcing them into repeated bill grabbing and you’ve put them on to the slippery slope of transforming into a shameless mamasan!

Edit: I don’t know this ping pong game but assume the balls can be traded for cash? It doesn’t seem quite as repugnant to me (especially if it feels more like a kid’s game?) than actually throwing bills.

On October 12, 2018 at 7:29 PM, paborn said:

For the last seven years, I have been going to Pattaya directly from BKK and have lost touch with things in Bangkok. Dreamboys was my favorite bar, high quality and well run. No one seems to mention it anymore.

Does anyone have an update? 

I was there March last year and the place is jampacked with Asian customers. Show I can say is classy. My best off was from there, I call him Mr. Perfect Guy, you can read my detailed and explicit reports on our encounters since I've offed him quarterly last year. 

On 12/20/2018 at 12:03 AM, a447a said:

So disrespectful.

There's another issue here which no one seems to have picked up on.  Thai notes bear the image of the king and any form of disrespect towards that image can be construed as lese majeste.  People have been arrested for accidentally stepping on his image and there was one incident where a drunken farang threw his change on the bar floor and stepped on it because he was upset about one thing or other and was sent to prison for it.  I know these are extreme cases but it doesn't hurt to be mindful of these things especially in the current political climate.