Guest blueshrimp

Heritage Sathorn Suite Hotel

Siam Heritage on Suriwongse Rd opposite the Le Meridien and next to Tarntawan.

Bob, it's been 7 years since I stayed in Bangkok, but isn't the Siam Heritage the one that, in the 90's, was an American Chain Hotel ( I forget which ) right across from Soi Tan Tawan?  How could it be next to the Tarnatawan which I thought was/is on the Patpong side on the road? 

Think the one you may be thinking of is the Tawana formerly the Tawana Ramada which is opposite soi Tarntawan, the Siam Heritage is just along Surawong from the Tarntawan (in the direction of Patpong and same side)

Not sure if thIs is the hotel your referring to,but I stayed in the Siam Heritage hotel last year in Suringwongse Rd.

You have to walk thru a “ arcade laneway” to get to the entrance.,there is a doorman at the front.

The actual reception i recall was on another level, cant recall if it was level 3 or 6 not that it matters.

Yes it says in there rooms there is a joiner fee 900 b however i just tipped the elderly doormen every night and had no trouble bringing anyone back

The only problems I had was their silly card system to get into the hotel rooms ,a few times it failed and i had to go reception

I preferred staying down the road in the Tartawan more.

Guest blueshrimp

Thanks, Terry4.  I'd much prefer a hotel where there's no joiner fee - I usually pay for a 2 adult room anyway!!!  So where do people recommend near Suriwong and Soi Twilight?  I'm planning to make the new G-Boys my first 'go to' stop, and my visit is now less than two weeks away so I need to book somewhere fairly soon.  Budget is around 1250 to 1500 baht a night.  Any suggestions?

And I'm planning an excursion to Pattaya for a couple of nights - Jomtien end though I'd like to visit Winner Bar in Sunee....

Anyone stayed there? Is it ok to take boys back there?

My partner and I were there for three nights last year.  Spacious rooms decorated with Thai-style teak furniture.  Big bathrooms.  Breakfast was good with a fair variety of items. Lobby was on the first floor.  Staff were professional and responsive but I wouldn't say they were particularly warm even though I spoke Thai throughout.  Usually when you speak Thai staff tend to joke and flirt with you.  Quiet rooftop pool that opens till late which can be very convenient for a few relaxing laps before dinner after a long day of walking and shopping.  Good price for the location.  More of a boutique hotel for couples, families and business executives.  Sorry, can't help you with the joiner question as we didn't have any but it did strike me as a place where overt raunchiness wouldn't be appreciated although we did get away with some hanky panky in the pool under the moonlight. :)

I have never stayed at a hotel which charged a joiner fee.

Am I correct in thinking that the joiner fee is payable only if the guy stays overnight?

Surely the hotel can't charge if you just take your friend to your room for short time, even if it's in the middle of the night after the bars have closed.

Surely the hotel can't charge if you just take your friend to your room for short time, even if it's in the middle of the night after the bars have closed.

what if they still insist on  a charge , otherwise deny entry ? , do we really want to create a commotion, embarrass ourselves and a newly acquired friend who is with us? 

It's better to be sure joiners fee is not crossing hotel's mind at all.

I haven't stayed at te Amara but earlier this past week was with a friend who was staying there and was visited on a regular basis by his "massage therapist".  No joiner fee was involved.  I know this isn't very precise, but I'm posting it hoping my friend sees it and replies with a clear answer from actual experience.