bucknaway

Posting pictures, this is a problem post

A bit confused as to why you're asking that question (given you obviously know how to re-size photos as you had some kind of photo editor on your prior pc).  Your chromebook laptop does have a basic image editor (look in the Files app) but other apps have to be available somewhere.

bucknaway, I also use a chromebook. I assume you can download the photos to it?  In the downloads there is an edit feature (looks like a pencil). If you click on that, at the bottom of the page, there will be some edit features, one of which is a "resize" .  Click on that.

I recently used this feature to resize a photo to post on a forum.

I'm working with an android phone that I use to take pictures.

The solution to oversized photos is:

Go to the google play store, type something like "photo editor" or "photo resizer" into the box & hit search.

Pick one that is free & with at least a 4.0 customer rating.

Download & install on your phone.

You cab also reduce resolution in the camera app, but since most of us want to keep high resolution copies, this is not a good choice.

I use 'paint' on my laptop (dont know its proper description), but I do a photo at a time. Yes its a bit laborious, but in addition to resizing I can also trim them etc. 

Its very basic compared to some of the clever stuff available today but it works for me.

Simple solution without need for any app or for laptop or any other device at all:

on your phone, simply view the photo in question, then make a screenshot of it. The resulting screenshot will be a MUCH smaller file. I just did the same trick (incidentally to post a picture here as well). The original photo was over 3MB, the screenshot only 300kb.