hanan

Arab starts fight in Boyztosn Pattaya

From The Pattaya News Facebooksite today:

A 34 year old Middle Eastern tourist, whose exact country was not disclosed, Mr. Mohamed Mueller, was attacked and sustained significant wounds to his right leg during a brawl with an employee of a gay bar in Boyztown near Soi 13/4 in the early morning hours of October 19th, 2018.

The employee, who is a 29 year old Cambodian National, stated that Mr. Mueller walked by the bar shirtless, wearing only a pair of black shorts and started verbally insulting the bar workers and using homophobic slurs. This led to an escalation which then led to a physical fight with Mr. Mueller and the Cambodian National. The employee stated he was only acting in self defence as Mr. Mueller was intoxicated and shoved him first. Mr. Mueller's injuries were due to falling over a table.

Mr. Mueller, who did appear to be heavily intoxicated, stated that he was not aware he had walked into the gay area of Pattaya and that he found it offensive. He stated that the employee of the bar had physically grabbed him and he responded by shoving him away. He said at this point the employee attacked him and knocked him into a glass table where he sustained his wounds. He admitted that he may have used a few choice words.

Mr. Mueller was taken to the hospital for his wounds and the Cambodian National, who was also believed to be working without a work permit, was arrested for assault.

Police will look at CCTV to determine the true story.

This is an example of something that bothers me a great deal. I behave, when traveling, as closely to the norms of the country I'm in as I can. I'm ready to be called an Islamaphobe but this habit of acting out because of "offense" at behavior witnessed is characteristic of Islam.

I think it's rather behavior of drunken asshole who all of the sudden felt brave

This is an example of something that bothers me a great deal. I behave, when traveling, as closely to the norms of the country I'm in as I can. I'm ready to be called an Islamaphobe but this habit of acting out because of "offense" at behavior witnessed is characteristic of Islam.

Absolutely.  The tourist concerned cannot accept that others are different.   Which is, as you say, a fairly common characteristic.

Really? 1 arab muslim starts a fight and u go and asked people to called u islamaphobe and condemn the whole religion?

No, let me be clearer. It is an example of Fundamentalism. Ultra-Orthodox Jews behave the same way. Good people do good things and bad people do bad things; it takes religion to make good people do bad things.

I think it's rather behavior of drunken asshole who all of the sudden felt brave

This is what happens when people living in the cage of their closeted and oppressive countries get some fresh air travelling somewhere else - they choke on it unleashed. 

Vinapu, I think you were right the first time. Remember " in vino veritas" In wine there is truth. The drunkenness just encourages them to do what comes naturally.

The attached video is showing Scandic massage, the Injured guy and attacker.

It shows if you ever got involved in any incident, there is no privacy law to protect you in Thailand.

https://www.siamchonnews.com/%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%9B-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%8C/

Video is confusing

Shows shirtless black shorts guy with bleeding leg, and white shirt guy both being carted off by police

Yet both of them are speaking Thai. So is the Middle Eastern "victim" not in the clip at all?

If shirtless guy is the victim... then he speaks excellent Thai for "lost" tourist!

Not sure about south Thailand, but even the tattoos on shirtless black short arms look wrong for somebody from the middle east

looks to me like a fight over a lady

Shirtless finds out his Wife/GF has been doing it with one of the Scandic boys and tries to have it out with him...

A bigoted piece of shit, with minor, almost non-existent injuries.   Much fuss about nothing,

If he really insulted the gay guys, as claimed, then they should have hit him a bit harder.     

To get it in perspective, if a gay guy goes to certain Islamic regions, he's going to be decapitated.     When this guy walks into the gay area of Pattaya and insults people who were previously minding their own business, he gets a few scratches on his leg.

Colmx Thanks for solving the mystery!

Actually the Thai news accompanying the video seemed to say employees fighting over customer and the customer scared and escaped seeing them fighting. But I was not sure as I used only translation app.

If that’s the case where the Arab and homophobia came from?

https://www.siamchonnews.com/%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%9B-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%8C/

From the op, who shared the news taken from facebooksite of pattaya news. Funny how they even have a name for this arab south thai origin who were drunk but hate gays. mohamed mueller, mohamed being the most common name for a muslim and mueller sound like german origin, definitely not a muslim name. Last i checked both are not allowed by the religion lol