mikem3000

Please help a Newbie

Hey, first of all: Thanks for that blog.

I plan a trip to Thailand, have never been there, so I looked to some forum entries for some basic information, but I didn't find - too many entries here! :-)

So please don't mind for these silly questions. I am a single traveler and I do like Thaiboys, so I just want to know what is the usual tip for a boy for sex - how much money do they expect? Are the tips the same in Bangkok and Pattaya and what would you say: is it better for me as a solo traveler looking for the boys to go to Bangkok or to Pattaya? Can you recommend any places for sex and is there a possibility to have group sex? ;-)

I am sure you all know this ans would appreciate any information. Thanks a lot!

Bangkok is much expensive than Pattaya.

Off fee in BKK 400 to 1500 BHT.

Short time 2000-3000 long term 2500-5000.

Pattaya off fee 300-800.

Short time 1000-2000.long term

1500-2500.

Pattaya has more selection of bars in 3 main areas:Boyz Town,Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex.In BKK you are limited to Silom-Suriwong area .

At the last years I personally skip BKK and going straight to Pattaya.

Most of us are single travellers. I always book a double room, which has no additional cost compared with a single room, to be able to invite a guest.

Depending of course on your budget, I suggest Raya Surawong hotel in Bangkok and Agate Hotel in Pattaya (Jomtien Complex).

When my plane arrives in the morning, I start my trip in Pattaya and end it in Bangkok.

When my plane arrives in the afternoon/evening, I start my trip in Bangkok and end it in Pattaya.

Also search for polls on the topic.

Short time from Bangkok gogo bars is from 1500 up.    Less off the apps

Short time in Pattaya would be about 1000~1300, although it has to be a poor effort for me to test the lower limit.

Long time perhaps 1700~2000, although I've started just tipping 2000.

For reasons which I fail to understand, apparently hunks command higher tips.   Not a problem for me, as I'm not interested in them anyway.

Whether you go to Bangkok or Pattaya depends on  your preferences.    If you like the city and don't mind the higher prices go to Bangkok.  If you prefer the beach & lower prices, go to Pattaya.   

Or, better still, if your trip is at least 7 days, do both.   

Something just over 120 baht for the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya & if you need a taxi all the way from Pattaya  to Bangkok airport to go home, it's about 1200.   A bargain.

For reasons which I fail to understand, apparently hunks command higher tips.   Not a problem for me, as I'm not interested in them anyway.

Ah, a brother.

a taxi all the way from Pattaya  to Bangkok airport to go home, it's about 1200

The posted rate and the one I have always paid is 1,500. But, still a bargain.

On my last few visits, I've used Mike's Taxi (http://www.mikepattayataxi.com/). It was recommended on the Forum.

I've been very happy, drivers on time, rates competitive.  Looking for the email address to post in in this reply, I found links to several taxi companies and most are rated bu users.  I noted that some folks gave low marks to Mike's...I can only speak of my experience

If you're travelling during the day between Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi, don't overlook the Bell bus. It's twice the price of the regular buses at 240B and must be pre-booked online (go to https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/Webhome and select "shared transfer"), but that fare includes a minibus transfer between the Pattaya North bus terminal and your hotel. Unfortunately there's nothing similar from other parts of BKK.

Thanks for all this information, you helped me a lot!

One more question: Is the tip boys are expecting for a massage with happy ending the same as they expect for a so called short time and have these massages different prices in Bangkok and Pattaya too?

Thanks!

One more question: Is the tip boys are expecting for a massage with happy ending the same as they expect for a so called short time and have these massages different prices in Bangkok and Pattaya too?

Thanks!

No.  In a regular massage place, the tip for a massage with happy ending is about 500, maybe 600.  They will often quote you that when offering the service.

Obviously a happy ending is a lot less than full service, so the tip is also a lot less.

If you're going to a gay massage place and getting full service, of course the tip level is considerably higher.     Someone else can comment on that.

I don't know. But, the posted rate at the cab stand, for walk-ups, at Swampy was 1,500 B last time I checked.  I could be wrong, of course, I've dead on my feet by then.

Walk ups are not the only option.

In Jan this year, I paid 1200 baht from South Pattaya to the airport via The Limo Pattaya, booked via e-mail.    In a very nice Camry.

Their web site is showing considerably more than this, so either prices have inflated or, more likely, a "how much is a taxi ?" e-mail might get a better price.

Just make sure you see the taxi first.

I once ordered a taxi from one of those stands. The advertisement showed a beautiful new car, but the one that turned up was old and battered and none of the seat belts was working. I refused to get in and had to run around looking for another one.

And be careful which way you go.

I had a terrible experience last time hiring a taxi from the small booth outside the Zing hotel in the Jomtien Complex.

1500 baht , taxi arrived green and yellow one...at 1130am....i ending up falling asleep in the cab and on waking a few times i noticed we were still going at 130pm, the driver said he had taken the " highway" instead of the tollway

We arrived in Silom at approx 230pm...3 hours after setting off from jomtien !

Going from Airport to Pattaya I use Bangkok limo which is about 1800 b but they are reliable along with the Fast Track service in arrival at the airpirt.

On a slightly different note...if you are trying to go into Bangkok proper from the airport, do not take a Pattaya taxi. Some of them queue up with Bangkok taxis for additional business before going back to Pattaya, and they are often woefully unfamiliar with Bangkok roads and shortcuts. If you are assigned a Pattaya taxi, go back to the machine and get a new queue number.

Guest CaptainSwing

On a slightly different note...if you are trying to go into Bangkok proper from the airport, do not take a Pattaya taxi. Some of them queue up with Bangkok taxis for additional business before going back to Pattaya, and they are often woefully unfamiliar with Bangkok roads and shortcuts. If you are assigned a Pattaya taxi, go back to the machine and get a new queue number.

That makes sense.  I expect to be getting a taxi from the airport to Pattaya and I wondered if there was any way to be sure to get a driver who was familiar with Pattaya.  I don't want to book a taxi from a Pattaya service because I'll be arriving early in the morning and want to kill some time in the airport before leaving for Pattaya and don't want to make the driver wait for me.  Or do you suppose I could book with a Pattaya service and tell them I'm on flight XXX, arriving at 7:00, but I want to be picked up at 9:30?