paborn

Etiquette in Jomtien

You can of course set your location to Jomtien in Planet Romeo and hold dialogues without paying the extra for a premium subscription, unlike in the other 2 apps. If I'm not mistaken, those allow you to view the lads elsewhere, but to say anything requires a premium version. Or cheating with a fake GPS app.

Not sure you are right there. I only use Hornet and it allows you to search anywhere in the world and to send messages. All this is free and requires no false positioning.

You can explore the world on Hornet without paying for a premuim membership. I've been doing it for a couple of years now.

Yes, you're right & I got confused. Hornet allows free exploration & messaging. Grindr is the one that requires a premium sub.

Note, both apps have somewhat intrusive adverts. For example, videos that play with sound even if the phone is set to vibrate mode.  [Don't try browsing whilst at a funeral, in a lecture or whatever]

Guide for Hornet (as pics below):

1   Tap on location pin

2   Tap on "Explore the World"

3  Type in your destination (Pattaya in this case).   Hit the search icon on the KEYBOARD (magnifying glass)

4  You get a map with your destination.   Pan around to centre the arrow where you prefer.  Tap on the aircraft icon.

post-8337-0-57903100-1541187666_thumb.jpg

Results (drool):

post-8337-0-42170200-1541187961_thumb.jpgpost-8337-0-32831000-1541188075_thumb.jpg

Guest Stewart

Interesting to note that the Soi now seems to be completly closed to cars (since my last visit 5 months ago). They have even put down a sort of carpet and allowed the bars to spill out 2 deep with tables and chairs just allowing enough room for the food vendors to pass through. Very much a "precinct" atmosphere. I also note that the whole area is much busier than it was this time last year but maybe because the inside bar areas are now mostly empty.  Some have added pool tables. Also there are many more boys to chose from. Only eye contact is needed if you fancy one of the guys. I think Jomtien has improved since my last visit with some more bars having opened / extended. Happy days.