bobsaigon

Latest Soi Twilight Rumor (Nov 2018)

Bob, that confirms what the German owner told me earlier this year.

Looks like Soi Twilight's days are numbered. The end may have come quicker than we thought.

But with bars now re-locating across the street, it doesn't really matter. As long as the guys keep their jobs.

What about the sign I saw during my last trip there (only a bit more than a week ago)? The sign said something like "this soi will be open for another 6 years" (or something like that).

I guess we can trust that sign they put up, or not? It was a big sign, professionally printed. So effort was put into it.

What about the sign I saw during my last trip there (only a bit more than a week ago)? The sign said something like "this soi will be open for another 6 years" (or something like that).

I guess we can trust that sign they put up, or not? It was a big sign, professionally printed. So effort was put into it.

I saw that sign, looks sturdy and makes serious impression but whether it conveys truth or just it's erected to soothe rumors  only erector ,  whoever he is,  can tell.

Don't worry too much , if you there , you can check on soi daily. If you're  not , nothing you can do unless you start preparing for  a next trip. Then check this forum and chances are there will me members on the ground with updates.

We are worrying if soi will be there for us next time but I'd  focus on next time, not soi. Even if it eventually closes there are and will be alternatives, perhaps just steps away.

Tonight was probably the busiest night Twilight has seen in awhile. High season is coming in strong. Just about full houses everywhere tonight.

It's also a public holiday in Singapore and Malaysia tomorrow, being the festival of Diwali/Deepavali.  So many of us have taken the day off today and been off work since Saturday - that's a four-day long weekend. :yahoo: My buddies and I are also in Thailand.  If you have time, check out Wat Khaek, the Hindu temple in Silom.  Sure to be a hive of activity tonight and tomorrow.

Guest CaptainSwing

Theravada Buddhism doesn't do excluded middles, so also it will be neither there nor not there, and both there and not there.

All at once.

Well that narrows it down!

Hank, why are you sure he got it wrong? There is a lot of smoke around the fire of redevelopment of Soi Twilight and to say that, next year Dreamboys, no matter whether you like the place or not, is a well-managed money maker. Their moving to Patpong sounds reasonable and sensible.

Yes, I got the same from a Dramboys capitan last week.  Owner says they'll probably move during the first half of 2019, possibly to a location very near Screwboys.    End of an era.

Definitely the end of an era.

The owner told me he was throwing in the towel next year so that will probably coincide with the move.

I’m sure this boy got it wrong (mixed messages on the go go boy grapevine?) but I was informed that Soi 4 too would be redeveloped. Has anyone heard of this?

yes , I did, demolition scheduled to start in Apr 2044 ( two thousand forty four ), two days after Songkran at 11.07 a.m being most auspicious time to begin.

Some evangelical mega church will be built on the site and altar is projected to be exactly where Telephone Bar's bar is situated right now. Oddly I heard Adam Massage will be preserved intact in the compound and that Spanish Tapas restaurant will become canteen for  a construction workers after changing name to SFR which my source claims is short for " Soi For Redevelopment"