bobsaigon

Latest Soi Twilight Rumor (Nov 2018)

I'm excited about the change. I'll be in bkk early April after being in Pattaya.  I can't wait to see the seeds of change taking root.  No need to walk through the old soi kicking cans and looking sad.

The soi lost my money a while ago with their expensive drinks and this is a chance for them to try and reinvent their bars.

Freshboys in Twilight is moving straight after Songkran to Silom Soi4 above (and maybe associated with)  Banana on 4.

Freshboys (2) is in Patpong 2 above Screw Boys.

No news oabout Maxis.

Twighlight Banana is closing on 29th March (see their website for details).

Banana Bar Soi Twilight (Suriwong Rd) must vacate the Soi by 31 March 2019 . . . . we invite all our friends and customers for the BANANA BAR SOI TWILIGHT: END OF AN ERA PARTY on Friday 29 March 2019 @ 8pm. Come to farewell your favorite Soi that has been part of our lives for…

19 hours ago, hank75 said:

However this could be the start of some exciting times as the old bars reopen in new incarnations? 

yes , this is what I think and hope as well.

It's nice to have memories but I'm one of those who rather think about next trip than cherish memories of previous one.

Like spoon said above , at end of day and beginning of night  all we need is one bar and one boy from that bar 

I tend to agree with kokopelli. The days of Thai boys filling the Bangkok gogo bars will soon be over. IMHO a much better economy in the countryside together with a rapidly changing society will mean an even greater dependence on boys from neighboring countries - legally or not. As we know this process is already well under way.  Just changing times.

40 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Dreamboy’s veteran boy said to my friend that the farang owner sold the bar to a Thai.

He was accompanying a customer to Jupiter and said there are very few customers at Dreamboy nowadays and actually he wants to move to Jupiter.

Wow this is significant. New owner = major change in how bar is run? Good news is that new ownership implies bar will remain open, injection of funds to revive what was becoming a very tired venue. I hope they lose the camp lady boys finally!

38 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

I tend to agree with kokopelli. The days of Thai boys filling the Bangkok gogo bars will soon be over. IMHO a much better economy in the countryside together with a rapidly changing society will mean an even greater dependence on boys from neighboring countries - legally or not. As we know this process is already well under way.  Just changing times.

I have noticed many of the Thai boys I find most attractive have gone to work in local women-only host club or Fake club. I see their pictures on the social media for these venues and bemourn the fact that they are not accessible to me. If a revitalization or creation of brand new gogo venues (or even foreigner and gay friendly host clubs or dance clubs) means they are lured back, this would be only good news as far as I am concerned. 

2 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

I haven't done a survey lately, but I know there are Thai guys working at Freshboys.  And Dreamboys of course.  

Yes I merely meant that the style of Thai boys I prefer - hunky. Either they make more money or find it more pleasurable working in the local venues. 

9 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Yes I merely meant that the style of Thai boys I prefer - hunky. Either they make more money or find it more pleasurable working in the local venues. 

Fair to say if it's some particular guys you like, but I'ld just be reluctant to declare a trend.  There are always going to be some guys going back and forth, just as there have always been handsome hunky guys who have figured out that they can make the money working massage.  

50 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Fair to say if it's some particular guys you like, but I'ld just be reluctant to declare a trend.  There are always going to be some guys going back and forth, just as there have always been handsome hunky guys who have figured out that they can make the money working massage.  

I have always wondered about this. Do boys really make more money from massage rather than working gogo?

1 hour ago, hank75 said:

I have always wondered about this. Do boys really make more money from massage rather than working gogo?

Depends on how popular the boys are. Popular ones can get up to 5 customers and they dont have to cum for each customer, unless customer wants or they can cum each time. 

30 minutes ago, spoon said:

Depends on how popular the boys are. Popular ones can get up to 5 customers and they dont have to cum for each customer, unless customer wants or they can cum each time. 

My assumption was that massage tips weren’t as generous as gogo offs though? And no drink fees, stage tips etc. So even for popular massage boys it would probably be around the same as gogo? 

1 hour ago, hank75 said:

2 minutes ago, spoon said:

What Spoon said.  If you're trying to compare working massage v gogo bar, it's just easier to get multiple off's in a given day at a place like Prince or VCK.  Also many small mid-size massage shops let the guys live there as well, so that free housing is a big plus for them.  DM Spa, Crystal Relax and others (names I forget right now) let the guys set their own tips.  

There was a discussion on TMMSociety about this a while back.  The answer there was around 100K a month.  3 customers a day 6 days a week at 1,500 a "pop."   THIS SEEMS QUITE HIGH TO ME.  (Sorry, I didn't mean to shout.). Seems high.  

Of course, I don't think the money is near as good at the massage factories along Surawong/Silom.  

Guest guest_BenG1000

Ugh, feeling a little deflated here. Was so hoping to experience Soi Twilight, anyways, nothing I can do about it. I have my fingers crossed for some kind of gogo bar experience.

I'd hate to have to catch a taxi to go from bar to bar. 

1 hour ago, DivineMadman said:

There was a discussion on TMMSociety about this a while back.  The answer there was around 100K a month.  3 customers a day 6 days a week at 1,500 a "pop."   THIS SEEMS QUITE HIGH TO ME.  (Sorry, I didn't mean to shout.). Seems high.   

Yes 100K a month is extraordinarily high.  I’m almost tempted to go work massage myself!

3 minutes ago, BenG1000 said:

Ugh, feeling a little deflated here. Was so hoping to experience Soi Twilight, anyways, nothing I can do about it. I have my fingers crossed for some kind of gogo bar experience.

Unless you have substantial mobility issues, you should be able to walk.  

Do not despair.  Bangkok guys are masters at re-flation.

5 minutes ago, BenG1000 said:

Don’t worry you will have Jupiter, Moonlight, Tawan and Screwboys available to you. And Fresh Boys and Dream Boys seem to have confirmed their relocation so likely they will have reopened by time you are there. Gogo bars can’t afford long closures if they want to stay in business. I’ve always preferred hanging out in Soi 4 to Twilight anyway. Add on the massage places, DJ Station and Soi 2...:you’ll still have plenty of action around Surawong.

2 hours ago, hank75 said:

Yes 100K a month is extraordinarily high.  I’m almost tempted to go work massage myself!

Lol u need to remember the kind of customers you'd be dealing with, and your hand will definitely starts to feel tired for a while. And those who can get that much are probably 1-2 masseurs who has worked in the field for a while and a steady stream of regular customers. It is also the reason why its harder to get overnight from massage guys, especially those who provide good massages and popular. They might be very tired and need a good sleep since they need to start working again the next day. And i believe massage centers dont have strict policy regarding needing the boys to work all the time, and no penalty if u take off day. Might be wrong but the guy i took from copa says this is at least true for copa