bobsaigon

Latest Soi Twilight Rumor (Nov 2018)

Oddly I heard Adam Massage will be preserved intact in the compound

Ah Vinapu, my friend. Not odd at all. As an American observer of the shiny-suited, silver-tongued ministers of the evangelical movement I assure you they need a place to unwind without their token wives...

Oddly I heard Adam Massage will be preserved intact in the compound

Ah Vinapu, my friend. Not odd at all. As an American observer of the shiny-suited, silver-tongued ministers of the evangelical movement I assure you they need a place to unwind without their token wives...

Please tell me Joel Osteen is one of them...he's my idea of a hot older man. :p

Good article on Stickman:

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2018/11/whats-going-on-at-patpong/

This matches what the bar boy told me about Soi 4 along with Twilight being re-developed. Come to think of it, he might have known something...his exact words were that Jupiter on Soi 4 would need to move again in the near future. In the article, it is mentioned that all new bars are now on a shortened 1 year lease.

Interesting article by Stick, especially like his qoute

But what about Patpong and its rich history.? Could it really be demolished? Of course it could! There is no room for sentimentality in business, especially in Thailand.!!!

Ironically though his article mentions a Soi 4 restaurant that was just sold last mnth for a cheap million baht even though the new owner is risking his lease not going past December 2019..

I agree the article contains inaccuracies. Stickmans main problem, though, seems to me to be that such a huge development basically covers a block from Rama IV to the Bangkok Christian Hospital on one axis and Silom and even across  Suriwong on the other. That is a massive chunk of land,

He mentions the possible reluctance of the mega rich family which owns Soi Thaniya. I would like to know who owns the rest of that area. We know that much of the land was purchased by the Patpongpanich family after World War 2. I know it owns the area around Patpong 1 and 2. Does that same family own Soi Thaniya? How about Silom Soi 4? I believe that is owned by the family which still lives on that soi in a mansion behind the gates at the end. Are these members of the Patponpanich clan?

The main reason why I think this is mostly pie in the sky is the nearby 41 acre One Bangkok development. This happens to be mostly on the other side of Rama 4, another massive area currently under development encompassing the area between Rama IV, Wireless Road and the expressway entrance. It is this development that will see the demolition of the Dust Thani.

One Bangkok has already announced it will include 5 office towers each incorporating a luxury hotel (one being a new Dust Thani), 3 mega luxury residential blocks and a vast area for upmarket retail outlets and additional green areas to complement Lumphini Park..

It is impossible to believe that the developers of One Bangkok will take over a similarly large chunk as suggested by Stickman on the other side of Rama IV for the purpose of building yet more hotels, tower blocks and retail spaces. One Bangkok will come on stream over a period of years finishing in 2025. In my book it is equally impossible that a separate group of developers will take over the Stickman area for the purpose of erecting precisely the same type of facilities. Even though One Bangkok will have a 2 or 3 year head start, it will take years before so much space is fully purchased and rented. Does anyone really believe the market could stand so many new but similar facilities so close and coming on to the market very soon afterwards? I dont.

Someone is developing Soi Twilight. If the leases on Soi 4 and the two Patpongs are just for one year, something may be about to happen. But what? And if all the leases are just for one year, why are some businesses still moving in?

Someone is developing Soi Twilight. If the leases on Soi 4 and the two Patpongs are just for one year, something may be about to happen. But what? And if all the leases are just for one year, why are some businesses still moving in?

I don’t think it so much businesses moving in (please correct me if I am wrong), but businesses weighing up the cheaper rent on a reduced lease against the profit from what continues to be a very popular and lucrative district. Eg Jupiter required new premises, someone mentioned they already owned/had an existing lease, so it made sense to move to Soi 4 despite the shorter lease period as they continue to be popular night after nights. For the one million baht restaurant, possibly new owner thought he would make his investment back many times over prior to December 2019? Or there would be a payout from the developer?

Eg Jupiter required new premises, someone mentioned they already owned/had an existing lease, so it made sense to move to Soi 4 despite the shorter lease period as they continue to be popular night after nights

I really cannot remember what was in the building Jupiter 2018 now occupies before Jupiter took it over. That particular site has frequently been empty for years at a time. Rome Club was located there in the 1980s and a huge success when run as a gay dance club. When the owners at a stroke changed it into a straight club, it died very quickly. Roxy in the early 2000s cannot have lasted more than two years. Anyone remember what was there last year?

Peter, you may a lot of sense.

I may be wrong here, but there was a theme to the Stickman article that he did not quite believe this and strongly doubted it would ever come to pass. To me, it seemed like putting the rumors out there and, letting them wilt in the light of day. Am I wrong it reading it that way?

New Latest Soi Twilight news, from a capitan at Dreamboys tonight (Wednesday 13 Feb)::    "Today Dream Boys early close. Because no customer. in Soi-Pratuchai (Twilight) Very Very Quiet. Because have some Bar already close and move to another place. Right now just only Hotmale, XBoys, FreshBoys, DreamBoys and ClassicBoys."