Wheelz

Trip Report - Bangkok and Pattaya, 28th October onwards

I must say i liked the Zing hotel in Jomtien, lovely staff,welcome drink on arrival,free drinks in the Lobby from 5pm ,

I had a room with a sunny balcony overlooking the soi .

The price was great for such a big room .,I think I recently paid about 1100 baht per night a Deluxe Room there with balcony etc.

They had a gym and a cafe ,im disapointed you didnt like it .

I cannot comment about Zing, however any hotel that knows it has clients who bring guests back to the room & includes them in their target market really needs to make sure the safe is working.     

This is Pattaya, after all.   How do you do "long time" with no room safe ?

If they cannot fix it, they need to offer another room or expect to deserve some unfavourable customer comment.

Did you notify the reception staff ?

I would be very surprised if they didnt act on your complaint ?

My safe also didnt work ( the numbers didnt seem to work) and i notified reception who had a Handyman come to my room immediately,however as i didnt want to change rooms they gave me a key to lock / unlock the safe, I found their concern and service impeccable.

I also join chorus praising Zing where I stay month ago. Had problem with safe as well - my fault as punched my numbers too fast and forgot combination. Went to reception and guy with a key followed me right away.

Very good value for money and one can bring guests bypassing reception completely if so desired.

Now waiting for Wheelz's adventures in Sunee

Had problem with safe as well - my fault as punched my numbers too fast and forgot combination. Went to reception and guy with a key followed me right away.

This is a good point.    

Did Wheelz ask the hotel to fix the safe ?

If they are asked to fix it and do not, a moan is very justified.     If they are not asked to fix it, that's no reason to complain.

I've stayed in other hotels & had a problem with the safe.  Usually poor contacts to the batteries.    They have usually come & fixed it straight away, so I am happy.     Once no one was in reception, so I simply fixed it myself. 

My safe also didnt work ( the numbers didnt seem to work) and i notified reception who had a Handyman come to my room immediately,however as i didnt want to change rooms they gave me a key to lock / unlock the safe, I found their concern and service impeccable.

Better be careful of that FIX. One trip to the Philippines the room safe would not work. So I accepted the Key and when I was ready to pay the Bill I was USD800 Short. The Resort would not even cover the loss...

Better be careful of that FIX. One trip to the Philippines the room safe would not work. So I accepted the Key and when I was ready to pay the Bill I was USD800 Short. The Resort would not even cover the loss...

You need to clarify.    Where did the $800 go walkies ?   Name and shame.

The only time I have lost money like this was in Cambodia and I'm not sure if it was in Siem Reap or Pnom Penh.     If I knew for sure, well I would post at least 10 re views on Trip Advisor, Booking.com etc to protect future customers.

You need to clarify.    Where did the $800 go walkies ?   Name and shame.

The only time I have lost money like this was in Cambodia and I'm not sure if it was in Siem Reap or Pnom Penh.     If I knew for sure....

I never had such problems anywhere but on each trip, not just Thai one I make a point to find time and do money inventory every single day, just in case so at least I know if something would happened.

Only time I lost money in Thailand  was in BTS somewhere between Hero and my hotel in Silom. Whole 500 baht, to this day I don't know if it was lifted from my pocket or I dropped it accidentally  when digging for money buy a ticket at the station. Definitely when I left Hero money was there in case somebody wonders. 

Well, this happened in the Philippines. At a small Resort south of Dumaguete, Negros Oriental.

I felt stupid and angry.

I had been told the Resort only took Cash and there were no ATM near there.

So I withdrew money in Cebu City before flying there.

Put the money in the Room Safe and just charged everything.

Came time to pay up and there was just USD200 in the Safe, USD800 was missing.

I know the room cleaners opened the safe and took the money. But not way I could prove it!!

Fortunately I had a Friend from New Zealand living there and he got money and brought it to me.

YES, better to check Daily...

Life goes on!!!

Put the money in the Room Safe and just charged everything.

Came time to pay up and there was just USD200 in the Safe, USD800 was missing.

I know the room cleaners opened the safe and took the money. But not way I could prove it!!

As you were 100% sure it went from the hotel safe, in my view the correct action is to post a review on Trip Advisor and several other sites to publicize this.  

That will help to protect other consumers and when the hotel starts losing trade, they come under economic pressure to crack down on the theft.   The internet has some good mechanisms to correct bad behaviour.

Ideally, also contact the police, but it kind of depends if they are any use in that country.   

I suppose paying in advance is another way.  Although many years ago, I paid $125 for 5 nights in a hotel in Saigon, the day before departing in order to make a quick get away.   They had no record of this and the female manager was somewhat aggressive.   Whilst she was at the back leafing through the file, I showed the guy on the counter the receipt and she then demanded to see it as I was walking out of the door.   I kept walking.   They got named and shamed on Trip Advisor.   

(If I could remember the hotel name, it would be repeated here)

Boy 2 - Monday 29th October. 

Start on my shopping list with Boy 2 in tow, but only after a hot time in hotel room.  He is not so shy this morning.   He does his best to show me around town, but doesn’t know the BTS, and is not sure about directions.  After shopping, we are both hungry, and he fancies ShabuShi.  We indulge (800 baht) and then back to hotel room for more fun.  It’s been clear during the day that he has problems with eyesight, and as a student that isn't so good, so I take him for eye test and pay for a simple pair of glasses.  It’s a fair return for him, and something useful – not just party money.  I explain that I have other things to do the following day, and we part company both very happy.

That's very nice. I am impressed.