paborn

Expected tips for companionship

For me the expected tips are known and I gave you my list above. But for one tip I always am in doubt: in a gogo bar when you take a boy to sit with you and order him a drink. Then you will chat with him, kiss him, feel him. What do you tip him then and how long on aversge you let him sit with you for that tip?

For me it is about 300 baht for about 15 minutes sitting. But what do others do? I am least secure in this area about what is good practice.

I said 100 baht for 15 not 30 minutes as you mentioned 15 minutes sitting.

. Only once had a boy who wanted more but it was just a try on. But I do agree it spoils the encounter.

I went back to Bangkok after a long break and paid 3 offs from 3 different Soi Twilight bars 1500 for short time. All 3 said they wanted 2000. I concluded 2000 was the going rate in Bangkok now and paid up. I never have a problem with 1500 in Pattaya.

For me the expected tips are known and I gave you my list above. But for one tip I always am in doubt: in a gogo bar when you take a boy to sit with you and order him a drink. Then you will chat with him, kiss him, feel him. What do you tip him then and how long on aversge you let him sit with you for that tip?

For me it is about 300 baht for about 15 minutes sitting. But what do others do? I am least secure in this area about what is good practice.

you are quite generous, my rough custom is 100 baht for every 15 minutes I keep him beside, 

I keep an eye on how busy bar is , and if it's busy I either off boy or release him after few minutes  so somebody may   enjoy him as well.

Like Nathan I don't grope them unless they initiate it or jump from the stage just for short feel like Nice Boys boys are doing  

Yes 100 would be fair for a short non groping encounter but for an extended one when playing with his cock or maybe tongue kissing I would pay more - 200 or even 300. Although usually I would be checking the boy for a potential off and since these days I’m mostly mainly bottom I look for a rock hard cock but one that is not too thick. In the event of an off I would not give an “in bar” tip.

you are quite generous, my rough custom is 100 baht for every 15 minutes I keep him beside, 

I keep an eye on how busy bar is , and if it's busy I either off boy or release him after few minutes  so somebody may   enjoy him as well.

Like Nathan I don't grope them unless they initiate it or jump from the stage just for short feel like Nice Boys boys are doing  

This is exactly how I handle it. I don't grope in public. I might sneak a kiss to see how he handles it but nothing more and I'm very careful to check at how busy the bar is so he can earn if I decide to not off him. 

You see, I don't go to a bar to observe and drink I go to find a companion. I will not monopolize 6 lads with a bottle set up and leave others high and dry as I'm only offing one.

Firstly, I have 3 polls running on tips, so please could everyone who offs in Bangkok & Pattaya vote in these ?

I will plot some graphs after we get a few more votes.

And thank you to those who have voted.

Yes 100 would be fair for a short non groping encounter but for an extended one when playing with his cock or maybe tongue kissing I would pay more - 200 or even 300. Although usually I would be checking the boy for a potential off and since these days I’m mostly mainly bottom I look for a rock hard cock but one that is not too thick. In the event of an off I would not give an “in bar” tip.

I'm usually having people sit with me because they are candidates for an "off".   If they get offed, I don't tip in the bar & they are paid one tip in the hotel.

The only time I tip as low as 100 baht is if I quickly figure out they are not going to get offed and send them back.

If they are sat with me for 15~20 minutes, then it's usually 150 baht.     Which is still almost half the daily minimum wage. 

That's the tip for a fairly innocent encounter.     The tip would be adjusted upwards if more went on, but I usually save that for the hotel.

I don't have boys sit with me for long periods, as I don't think it's fair to block their chances of an off.

I'm with Paborn regarding discussion of prices. Negotiating prior to the event is a relatively recent development, perhaps encouraged by the apps. It was not expected in my bar-offing days (that is, up to about 2009) and was considered bad-form by the guys. In all those years (from 1995) I was never expected to negotiate and money was never discussed. I can understand why.

Yes I agree Negotiating prior to the event was not a common practice in the past , nowadays it seems that boys become more materialistic and greedy .

Goes the same for punters too...I think many now prefer knowing the tip up front. I made the amateur mistake of overtipping for long time and since I still enjoy offing the same boy, have had to grin and bear the fruits of my mistake.

Add: Thai boys it seems, are forgetful about just about everything apart from how much you tipped them before. Then they are elephants!

Goes the same for punters too...I think many now prefer knowing the tip up front. I made the amateur mistake of overtipping for long time and since I still enjoy offing the same boy, have had to grin and bear the fruits of my mistake.

if you are happy with him , I'd say money still very well spent.

On few occasion I noticed than when I overtipped at first place  thay are still amendable to more reasonable rates.

I'm one who likes to set monetary expectancy up front and it has nothing to do with boys being greedy , savy etc- my own invention to prevent any haggling spoiling my fun.  Granted still sometimes odd boy shows greedy side and asks for more but it's very rare / once every three trips I estimate /

I look at it like this, I do not hire anyone to perform a service without knowing the cost first. I won't even get in a taxi, let them take me to a destination and try to pay them a perceived going rate. Sure you may get away with it a few times but your luck will run out.

Everywhere else I want to know the price in advance, at best clearly displayed. I'm hesitant to ask for the price of a good, I rather go somewhere else where the price is displayed. But when hiring moneyboys, I never bring up the price. Either they start talking numbers or I give them the going rate afterwards.

As for tipping boys I do not off in bars, I'm very inconsistent and illogical. It's always 100 THB. That can be either for having a boy sit with me, and that case he gets a drink as well, and fondling and kissing for about 10 minutes; or handing the money to a boy on stage and only running my hands over his abdomen, butt, bulge.

Everywhere else I want to know the price in advance, at best clearly displayed. I'm hesitant to ask for the price of a good, I rather go somewhere else where the price is displayed. But when hiring moneyboys, I never bring up the price. Either they start talking numbers or I give them the going rate afterwards.

I do the same practice and never faced any problem ,I find it very uncomfortable to negotiate prices unless the boy raise this issue in advance but even so I rarely pay more than the on going rate unless the boy is a 'star' than I will consider to pay more if I really want him.

This is correct. It's something to do with self-image. The guys often don't regard themselves as prostitutes in the western sense, but friends who deserve a tip for being good company.

Surely the boys are not as deluded as that? I know there is an amount of “face” saving - but they are money boys, pure and simple. I have noticed though that they look down on gogo girls, their female counterparts!