abidismaili

How crowded is Boyztown and Sunee currently?

Since I have only been 1 time in Thailand during high season and all my other travels in the March and October months (which count officially as low season) I am very curious how crowded Sunee and Boyztown are this very moment? Many farang visitors? The bars have a good amount of customers? Sunee was mid-October quite deserted, how is it now?

Thank you. I am really very curious to the difference between low and high season. Is it only like on average 5 more customers in Sunee or is Sunee turning into a moderately to heavy crowded place? And in low season I am often the only customer in a gogo bar. How many customers now in Boyztown's and Sunee's gogo bars on an average visit?

Definitely many more farang in Sunee Plaza this month.

Thank you, so Sunee looks pretty well stocked with customers? Or 'definitely more' is like 5 more? 

Also how many customers you see on an average gogo bar visit? 

I am trying to find out if high season feels more like low season plus, or there truly is a significant difference in number of customers and boys. Because if the last then I will swap my March and October holidays for February and November (from late 2019 on because my March ticket for 2019 I already bought)

I’ll take this as an assignment. Arrived early this morning and am here for the week.

Thank you.  

Also, a nice little summary telling us which bars have which type of boys this year would be much appreciated.

At the moment Pattaya is coming towards the start of High Season, which in theory runs to March with Peak Season from 20 December to 10 January. I have checked hotel and booking agency websites for a December trip and whilst prices are a higher than when I was in Pats during July, there seems to be no shortage of accommodation.

I really am not bothered about how many visitors are in town, rather that there are a good number of boys for me to interact with. You will of course know what I mean by “interact “. Having said that I do hate to go into a Gogo and find I am the only customer. The ideal would be 15 to 20 twinky boys and maybe 10 customers “interacting”. So if high season has that result then I will be happy.

Yes. Please someone go into a gogo bar (preferably a few, so we have more data points) and report average number of customers. I was alone in October. Which indeed is very uncomfortable.

I hope this thread leads to a good picture about the true difference between high and low season. If high season means you have on average 3 custokers in a gogo bar compared with 1 in low season, then it feels for me like not that much different with low season. But if high season has on average like 10 or more then it starts to feel very different. And then most likely choice of boys also much higher. And better.

Yes, Please. I found it interesting, in the recent polls, to find that very few members actually off muscle boys. You would not have guessed that from the amount of space Moonlight and Jupiter take up and how little we hear of the other bars. It would be lovely to hear.

it looks that those who off muscle boys are energized by that enough to take time and also post here . I'm looking in the mirror , LOL

Perhaps twinks generate less writing energy ? Even ChristianPFC  seems to be less active in his blog  ( I suspect he finally landed serious BFC and is in finishing stages of  process of converting him to full fledged boyfriend) 

But absolutely news from other bars would be great - we did not hear much from Tawan recently 

But if high season has on average like 10 or more then it starts to feel very different. And then most likely choice of boys also much higher. And better.

more customers may mean also more competition for most popular guys so it may be mixed blessing . Imagine Alizizou , Jasper and me elbowing each other to off say , Fluke at Moonlight

The first time I went to Tawan was more than a decade ago. My impression then was sheer incredulity. Why were these big and 'old' men not at home helping with the children homework while the wife was busy preparing dinner for the family? Instead they were prancing on stage.

I did visit the place a second time, and have never been there since.

The first time I went to Tawan was more than a decade ago. My impression then was sheer incredulity. Why were these big and 'old' men not at home helping with the children homework while the wife was busy preparing dinner for the family? Instead they were prancing on stage.

I did visit the place a second time, and have never been there since.

if your second  visit was also more than decade ago we can't accuse you of distributing  fresh news for sure.

Nobody is suggesting that you are necessarily completely wrong but that is nature of business - decade later those big and old men still have their takers.

As for home life part of comment I understand what you want to say. Sometimes visiting bars I have impression that some of guys on the stage should be at home instead actually doing their homework, if helped by their fathers and uncles from Tawan , even better 

Yes. Please someone go into a gogo bar (preferably a few, so we have more data points) and report average number of customers. I was alone in October. Which indeed is very uncomfortable.

I hope this thread leads to a good picture about the true difference between high and low season. If high season means you have on average 3 custokers in a gogo bar compared with 1 in low season, then it feels for me like not that much different with low season. But if high season has on average like 10 or more then it starts to feel very different. And then most likely choice of boys also much higher. And better.

At Winner Bar in Sunee Plaza there were many dancers on stage and 10+ customers. The numbers change as the evening progresses. Enough customers/dancers to take all available seating (except the front row tables). But as customers departed other customers entered. Not sure of the other bars. The beer bars also had significant increases in customers. 

Not easy to sit and count customers as there are more important things to do in the bars.  :p  

Regarding busy gogos I sometimes get frustrated if there is a boy I have the hots for becomes unavailable before I have a chance to call him over. Maybe another customer gets him first, maybe he’s offed or maybe he disappears behind the scenes or exits the bar. If it’s the former I’m jealous particularly if the customer holds the boy’s cock. This is less likely to happen in low season when things are quieter.

One plus for high season is that extra boys come to Pattaya when the word gets to Isaan that there are plenty of gay farangs there with money. New cute boys are especially welcome !.

Apparently boys who work in bars always tend to tlell their friends back home how they are making money and tempted their friend to do the same. Either out of concern to share their wealth with their friends or maybe bars are giving incentives like refferal programs. Its true for those from other countries too like vietnam, cambodia, laos etc. on issan, why a lot of them have been mentioned here is, the boy who came from there are somehow related to the size of their appendage. At least this is what i saw from various comments here. Funny thing is, one of the guy in my office, who are known to go to thai for girl, also mentioned issan one of the places he probably want to spend time during retirement, where he would stay in a place 2-3 month at a time lol guess a lot of the thai girl gogo bar are also from there it seems

Poor people are everywhere in Thailand, but since Isaan is probably the biggest region in area of combined provinces that are largely agricultural, the pull of the bigger cities will be more than from the other parts of the country. Hence the higher percentage of gays in Pattaya and Bangkok etc. Gracias por la vida.

Guest CaptainSwing

Some of you may have heard of a Thai government economic promotional program called OTOP (One Tambon One Product) which seeks to identify each area with a particular product, which is then marketed as a specialty of that region to, hopefully, everyone's benefit.  I think it was introduced by Taksin--I don't know if it's still active.  I happened to read about it in an airline magazine on my way to Thailand some years ago.  I was surprised when My BF mentioned it--he was surprised I'd heard of it.  He told me that the local joke in his area of Isan (Khon Kaen) was that their product was prostitutes.Even the locals apparently know that their most famous contribution to the Thai economy is the young women, and, to a lesser extent, men they send South to sell themselves.

Some of you may have heard of a Thai government economic promotional program called OTOP (One Tambon One Product) which seeks to identify each area with a particular product, which is then marketed as a specialty of that region to, hopefully, everyone's benefit.  I think it was introduced by Taksin--I don't know if it's still active.  I happened to read about it in an airline magazine on my way to Thailand some years ago.  I was surprised when My BF mentioned it--he was surprised I'd heard of it.  He told me that the local joke in his area of Isan (Khon Kaen) was that their product was prostitutes.Even the locals apparently know that their most famous contribution to the Thai economy is the young women, and, to a lesser extent, men they send South to sell themselves.

Did he also say why Isaan has so many of them compared to rural areas in other parts of Thailand? Can you ask him please on my behalf. I am very interested.

Uranus is correct. It is a fact of life across the world that it is the poor who are driven to-or choose- prostitution. The rest of us have more choices. And Isaan has been one of the most deprived areas in Thailand, hence its support for Thaksin . His premiership was the first time that a Thai government had showed any concern for the poor and their lives improved economically. Birth control helped too!