ggobkk

MahaNakhom - above it all

the building also does a sort of light show every night with lights in the bitten-off parts ascending or descending or flickering, and whatever else. I see it every night from my balcony lol. Not particularly impressive, but draws attention to the building, which is the purpose I suppose

I went to MahaNakhon today on the spur of the moment after lunch at 1pm. Price is 850 baht inclusive complimentary drink. Nice view I must say. I actually looked at Google Maps and thought it was behind W Hotel. Must be the compass orientation. I didn't realise it was so near Silom Road. In fact, it's nearer to Arena than to BaanTewa. I agree I should have planned better and gone at 5pm then I would have been able to take in the sunset. After MahaNakhon, I went for massage at BaanTewa. Same high quality service from them. So a happy last day spent in Bangkok. Now go for foot massage before embarking last night of my last trip this year.

MahaNakhon is tallest building in Thailand. Do one really needs Google Maps to find it? It visible for as far as Bearing BTS station and Muang Boran park.

Jason , did you step on that glass?

Problem is that there are other tall buildings surroundinb Mahanakhon and I was at ground level and looking up. The other buildings blockdd Mahanakhon.

Nope. I didn't step on glass. I'm actually terried of heights!

Did a hotel ever open in that buliding? Is that the skydeck with a plexiglass floor so you can look straight down — if you have the courage?

the hotel is still in limbo. Was going to be an Edition hotel (I think part of the Marriott umbrella) but when King Power bought the building that plan came to an end. I recently read that it will be an Orient Express hotel which is apparently a brand associated with Accor. Set to open Q4 next year

http://www.ttnworldwide.com/Article/288882/Worlds-first-Orient-Express-Hotel-to-open-in-Bangkok