18past19

Introduction

I am very exited to see all those famous Moonlight models in flesh in less than a week. I am a newbie and don't have much experience (have been to only one gay bar before). So, your tips here on how to off a guy from a gogo bar, how to handle those mamasan's are very helpful. 
I have a very practical Q to bother you. it may sound quite naïve, but I really feel like I need help...

after you get back to your hotel room with a guy that you offed, how do you take your times to ensure your cleanliness/readiness? do you take shower together with the guy? how do you clean yourself in his presence? 

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Moonlight mamasans are less pushy than some of the other bars and actually can be helpful if you are new.

I would take some time to observe which boy you are interested in, then if you cannot get his attention yourself, call a mamasan over and tip him 100-200 to bring the boy over for a drink.

If you are there on a Friday or Saturday, the bar may be busier so there is less chance of mamasan hanging around you. Otherwise if you cannot get rid of mamasan to talk to the boy privately just say firmly “I talk to him first”.

If you need specifics eg who is a top or bottom, you can ask the short chubby mamasan “Em”. Bonus is that Em is one of the busier mamasans and won’t cling to you.

The tips for short or long time are pretty standard but good to reconfirm in the bar - I have made the mistake of not clarifying exact tip amount beforehand. If everything is to your liking, ask the boy “You go with me?” To which they will confirm, have their off fee added to your bin and go get dressed.

Back in the room, some boys will shower together. Just ask them. Otherwise let boy shower first while you make sure valuables are locked up, such as the wallet and ID you were carrying. I usually turn on the TV and let boy channel surf while I shower - this keeps him nice and distracted.

Enjoy, and do report back!

many thanks to all of you.. since this is gonna be my very first time, I was a bit nervous.. 

Don't worry , we all were nervous first time and probably most of us still remember our first bar visit, certainly I do even if that was 17 years ago and bar is long gone.

Even now after so many trips there are places I still get goose bumps on approach and I don't even know why.

Don't overthink it , just immense yourself in Bangkok joys and watch your pocket ( nobody steals from you, Thailand is safe country but when you see all option you mat be carried over a bit by excitement  ) 

I also wanted to add, don’t be afraid when approaching a bar. Many first timers get very nervous and spoil their fun, including me. My friend was terrified to visit Moonlight on his own because the barkers looked aggressive, and sometimes the models are sitting outside in their briefs staring at you. Now he walks in like he owns the place.

:air_kiss::wub:

I don't think I can find enough words to mention my thanks to all of you. I deeply appreciate all your tips... I am a very light drinker (blame it to low enzyme reserves in my blood).. so would it be ok if I don't order more drinks apart from the first one that comes with the admission fee?

:air_kiss::wub:

I don't think I can find enough words to mention my thanks to all of you. I deeply appreciate all your tips... I am a very light drinker (blame it to low enzyme reserves in my blood).. so would it be ok if I don't order more drinks apart from the first one that comes with the admission fee?

If you stay longer than 30-40 minutes, you should order water or a soft drink. And if a boy comes and sits with you, you offer him a drink.

Sure thing.. and all the expenses will go into one single bill at my exit?

Do I also pay the bar fee together with expenses for the drinks?

Yes, they keep a little bin in front of you where slips of paper are added with each new order/boy drink. The bar fine or off fee is added to this too, though likely you are ready to go by then. Just call for the check and a full bill will be brought to you with a total bill. It is a nice gesture to leave a small tip in the bill fold or hand to the waiter if the same one has served you all evening.

.. I am a very light drinker (blame it to low enzyme reserves in my blood).. so would it be ok if I don't order more drinks apart from the first one that comes with the admission fee?

You don't need order alcoholic drinks, since in most bars all drinks costs the same , be it water or shot of gin and all in between   , you can order whatever you want without a fuss. Some bars even have hot tea or coffee.

If you will be sitting in bar more than 1 hr they may  start harassing you for second drink, some bars with 2 shows have even sign ' 1 drink, 1 show" but stand your ground if you wish and nurse your first drink as long as you want. They may not like it but it's their problem. I find that slipping 20 baht into harasser palm keeps him at bay, LOL

Yes, they keep a little bin in front of you where slips of paper are added with each new order/boy drink. The bar fine or off fee is added to this too, though likely you are ready to go by then. Just call for the check and a full bill will be brought to you with a total bill. 

as much as I like Thai bars and guys I don't trust their arithmetic skills so feel free to check what amount should be as sometimes 2 times 380 is becoming 860. In some bars boys drinks have different price than yours, sometimes higher , sometimes lower.

Also second drink in some bars is cheaper (Moonlight comes to mind). 

If you pay with big note make sure you got correct change in return , again poor arithmetic  may lead to shortchanging you. Not too common but it happened to me few times , even in reputable bars like old Jupiter.

Thanks for asking questions...that's how we learn about new experiences.  One thing I learned from the forum was that when a bill is paid and change is brought in a folder, tips left for the waiter go to the waiter if handed directly to him.  If left in folder, tip is returned to the cashier and (hopefully) split among the waiters.

If this true...I don't know, I only read it here but have been acting as if it was for more than several years.  The smiles seem bigger when I hand the tip directly.

Have a good time.  Enjoy Moonlight...the mamsans there can be helpful as was mentioned in another post.

1. Don't be shy when dealing with the guys. They've heard, and seen, it all before.

2. If you're not sure how to proceed just leave it to your "friend.". He'll lead you through the experience. He will know exactly what to do.

3. As others have said, check your change.

4 If you decide to have drinks and some fun in the bar with more than one guy, keep an eye on what you are spending. It can add up very quickly.

5. If you are a bottom, do your "preparation" before you head out to the bars, not after you get back to the room.

6. Make sure you both know exactly what is expected in bed. Neither of you should end up surprised or disappointed.

Have a good time.  Enjoy Moonlight...the mamsans there can be helpful as was mentioned in another post.

And don't forget there are other bars with your type, Jupiter , Dreamboys and for more massive guys-Tawan, In fact in every bar  you may find somebody you will like to get acquainted with better.

Massage places may have even more guys of type  you like

Unexpectedly there's a hiccup in the preparation for my trip.

I have put a reservation at Furama Silom Hotel several weeks back and the website is called HotelQuickly.

Now all of the sudden, just a few days before my trip, they sent me a notification saying that my reservation has been cancelled for no apparent reason. I am contacting "Hotel Quickly" (hope it's not a fake site) and asking for a full refund.

Meanwhile any recommendations on where I should stay in Silom area? Preferrably close to Moonlight and all those other bars you have mentioned?

Many thanks again

Strangely enough I read something about HotelQuickly this week...the name was unique enough to stay with me. I can’t remember exactly what it said but the impression I have is that it’s not exactly a well regarded or legitimate booking site.

Try the Tarntawan which is pretty much fail-safe. I’m sure others will reply too with more recommendations.

for Moonlight you can't do better than Surawongse Hotel which is basically upstairs. Has it's best years well  behind but still I found it quite acceptable in October and definitely will be considering it in the future.

Raya across the street from Moonlight soi is more upscale and often full  but you may have  luck. Baan Silom in soi 3 is a little further but still closer to action than Furama is.

On budget side I'd suggest Nantra Silom in soi 8.

Use Agoda or booking.com not some untested sites although they may be quite legitimate. Once I used some inknown booking site based in Ukraine to book Malaysia hotel because sites mentioned above did not have space for my dates in  and it worked very well.

I knew I can count on you for this as well.. since I am leaving in a couple days, I am urgently looking for a replacement.. meanwhile, please don't use that site called "Hotel Quickly". since it says it's based in HK I have reported to HK tourism police and also contacted to my credit card.

I have read somewhere on SNS recently that some China based hotel booking sites are selling hotel rooms that does not exist, unlucky customers tried to check in but being told by hotel the booking was not made.

These hotel booking sites are not totally scam but hoping someone cancel their bookings, which are not refundable so that reallocate the room to the another customer.