18past19

Introduction

Into almost 6 months from my last visit, I am contemplating another visit to the land of smiles (and boys) again. It's gonna be quite short since I am going to have only 7 days off. It means after spending almost 30 hours in the air (and for a layover), I am gonna have only 5 solid days to enjoy.. not sure if it's worth it.

Thanks much for your thoughtful reminder. I am thinking of Bangkok. I haven't been to Pattaya yet.
Traveling for more than 8000 miles each way just for a 5 day trip is definitely not an ideal vacation. But incredibly cheap tickets price is very hard to resist. It usually costs me more than $ 1000 to fly to BKK, but now a major airline departing directly out of where I live, with only one layover, for less than $800 is quite tempting.

2 minutes ago, asnstudent said:

Traveling for more than 8000 miles each way just for a 5 day trip is definitely not an ideal vacation. But incredibly cheap tickets price is very hard to resist. It usually costs me more than $ 1000 to fly to BKK, but now a major airline departing directly out of where I live, with only one layover, for less than $800 is quite tempting.

I say, bravo!  If you can relax and sleep on the plane, even better.  Now is a great time to be in Bangkok.

26 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Now is a great time to be in Bangkok.

Having freshly returned from Thailand  I can only second that statement. Lots of boys available and very keen on offs, fact that I managed 11 LT for 14 nights there says it all. Weather was very pleasant too with only 2 major rains in 2 weeks.

As for long flight for short trip , I did it last year in October  and was surprised to find it worthwhile so asianstudent , go for it. Specially with cheap airfare.

I must disagree with comments above it's an exostting long flight one day is wasting for flight and the second to recover from it with the jet lag issue so you probably have 4 to 5 nights in the land of smiles 200 $ reduction on your air ticket is not a substantial amount to tempt me to do this if I were you . too much hussle for very short trip in my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Having freshly returned from Thailand  I can only second that statement. Lots of boys available and very keen on offs, fact that I managed 11 LT for 14 nights there says it all. Weather was very pleasant too with only 2 major rains in 2 weeks.

As for long flight for short trip , I did it last year in October  and was surprised to find it worthwhile so asianstudent , go for it. Specially with cheap airfare.

11 LT within 14 nights!

7 hours ago, asnstudent said:

It's gonna be quite short since I am going to have only 7 days off. It means after spending almost 30 hours in the air (and for a layover), I am gonna have only 5 solid days to enjoy.. not sure if it's worth it.

In my opinion, A trip is better than no trip. One of my best trips ever was Bangkok's 2018 White Party. I came just for the weekend (3 nights) plus 11 hour flights for each direction. I say go for it :)

If you have some flexibility with dates and enjoy gay circuit parties, consider coming at the beginning of October. 

Screenshot_20190911-122243_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.1a718b5c59d28b93cf54fb539dee81b2.jpg

After my first , life -changing stay in Pattaya, I sought a way to return as soon as possible. I was working at the time. I managed five nights from London, plus a night on the plane and a  late arrival home on the seventh. I was twenty plus years younger and I couldn't do it now that jet-lag is much more of a factor.

But it was worth it!

Thank you everyone. 5 days won't be enough to see all the boys I want to, and I agree with Boy69 that it will be too much hassle to take for such a short trip. but I decided to see how much hassle it could be. as GoldMember said, a trip is better than no trip. and being able to see some boys will be better than none. So, I just went ahead and purchased a ticket.

@GoldMember : thanks much for the info. I have never been to one before, but would love to check it out since I will be there in the same period.