bucknaway

Pattaya, the vacation town that acts like it's not...

Buck...u raise some good points about hustling for business.

But i think is whats happening with Sunee is the Landlords are either not renewing the Lease or again offering very short leases.

It seems the owners of Sunee are selling or even perhaps sold the land and are just waiting to vacate tenants.

But your right; business' s nowadays need to go out and hustle and look for business, it no longer comes to you, new ideas, new technology,new look etc

Its now moving towards two different generations, they have different needs and wants

To a lot of them sitting in a bar staring at a wall is not the thing they do unless theres something spectacular.

Very interesting topic. I’m not sure how I feel about gogo boy musical chairs! But “if I owned a bar” is definitely one of my favourite fantasies and there are many ways I can think of for bars to up their game....a peep show bar for instance.

It is no accident that Jupiter and Dream Boy have lots of Chinese custom and also attracts the younger set with lots of disposable income. Jupiter has active promotions and ads targeted towards this audience. Mamasans are not in your face pesky queens but groomed as strategic salespeople, who collect customers’ Line and WeChat IDs to promote the bar. They’ve also cleverly found their niche (hunks, models, slick shows) and are milking it as much as they can, with other bars like Moonlight attempting to muscle in.

But don’t forget, investing money into bar promotion shaves profit from the bar owner’s pockets. Not many of them are far sighted enough to see beyond the immediate payday, which I think is an affliction the smaller bars suffer from. Maybe some of the owners think the bar has a finite lifespan and they just want to make as much as they possibly can before laying it to rest.

In the mid-nineties, I would stay in Boyztown and spend the mornings on Jomtien's gay beach which was then very busy. One day, a couple of guys appeared handing out fliers for a"new" gay area not far from Boyztown. Sunee Plaza.

In this instance, ther fliers worked and I visited for the first time.  I can't think of any other instance in Gay Pattaya which persuaded me to visit an area or establishment; perhaps the internet is a more sophisticated and effective means of advertising. Nevertheless, I'm all in favour of more assertive marketing to support gay establishments.