I’m currently planning my next trip for middle of 2019. I’ve not been to Cambodia on previous trips so planning to spend 5 or 6 days in Phnom Penh and then a couple of weeks in Patts. Anyone have any good suggestions for hotels in PP? Looking at Arthur & Paul or Rambutan at the moment but if there are any other good places to stay suggestions are welcome. Only places that allow visitors please. Is 5/6 days a good time to spend in PP ?

Back in Patts, can anyone recommend Zing Resort? Found a really good rate for my dates but not sure if there’s a reason for the cheapness.

For me 5-6 days is way too long to spend in PP

Once you have seen the Killing Fields and S21 Prison camp there is pretty little else to do during the day time.

The Royal Palace, National Museum, Wat Phnom and the Russian market are also tourist attractions, but again not enough to fill so many days

Sun down at Sisowath quay is also worth experiencing, Suggest the FCC (Foreign Correspondents Club) or Panorama bar for that

At max I would spend Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon there

Similarly at night there are only 4 proper remaining gay bars, so again not much to do at night, Toolbox was my favourite for twinky types, I also recommend Heart of Darkness if you like night clubs,

On my last trip I stayed at the Sun & Moon Hotel, it is located right next to both Space Hair and Pride of Cambodia (POC)

New hotel, gay managed, guest friendly and very close to the action. Highly recommended.

Arthur and Paul Hotel has everything you'll ever need. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times.

I've written about it extensively in my trip reports. It's 100% gay, clean and modern, with very friendly staff. The rooms are large and the bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

Local guys turn up in the late afternoon to swim in the pool and enjoy the sauna "activities". Guys who work at the Space Bar are often seen there, too.

Most of the clientele are European and I've seen a number of hot guys lounging around the pool over the years. Some swim or sunbathe naked.

I even saw a hot couple having sex on a sunbed! The staff were still talking about it on the next visit. Lol

And the breakfast is delicious!

It's a 3 minute tuk-tuk ride to Hatha Khmer massage.

Paris chic in downtown Phnom Pehn.

[quote name="forky123"

Back in Patts, can anyone recommend Zing Resort? Found a really good rate for my dates but not sure if there’s a reason for the cheapness.

I stayed there for nearly a week recently, being my third visit, and can very much recommend the place. The rooms are basic but adequate with good aircon, water, WiFi and tv and the swimming pool is of a reasonable size. The staff were efficient and friendly both to me and my boyfriends. Whilst being close to the Complex gay bars the noise did not penetrate to my room.

You can take visitors to the rooms without passing the reception desk, but I would not recommend doing that.

It is not a 100% gay hotel like the Poseidon but it is gay friendly. Please pm if you would like anymore information.

How long to spend in Phnom Penh kind of depends on how you like to spend your time.

For the sights, well 2 full days is easily enough. If you like to slowly explore cities & take in a few coffees, a week is good.

Consider visiting the Love Spa (sauna $3). Dark, basic but plenty of cute Khmer lads at peak times.

Siem Reap has the outstanding Angkor Wat temple complex (3 days min), but a much smaller gay scene.

forty 123 if you go to Cambodia and miss Angkor Wat and several other temples in that amazing complex, you will kick yourself for a very long time! I would spend two full days in PP and then three full days in Siem Reap making 6 in total to include travel. So what if Siem Reap does not have a large gay scene? You will make up for it in Patts I am sure.

I have also stayed at the Zing Resort and Spa in Jomtien twice, going back again next month.

Clean, friendly staff always ready to help, free wifi and TV in the Room, Restaurant serving breakfast until late and dinner, Swimming Pool and Sauna no problem with visitors, very near Jomtien Complex and the beach.

Yes the price is low, and probably even lower in the summer which is low season.

There is also another Zing Hotel not very far. Just make sure which one you are booking.

forty 123 if you go to Cambodia and miss Angkor Wat and several other temples in that amazing complex, you will kick yourself for a very long time! /quote]

Good point. I'd just assumed anyone going to other parts of Cambodia MUST have already visited Angkor Wat.

If you haven't, then work the full 3 days into the itinerary.