Jasper

British tourist has been found dead in Bangkok red-light district hotel room with ‘the safe ransacked’

from the article "Hours before his death Luke posted a Facebook photo of himself with two pals in a Bangkok bar. He wrote: “Keeeeeemon. Boys on tour.”

so we have checked the facebook page for exactly which bar he and his friends visited  and exactly what "boys on tour" refers to, or are we to just get distressed every time the British gutter press - and this is The Sun after all - report something within a limited distance of a gay venue?

I'm sorry, but as much as I may have sympathy for the victim and his family and friends, I am not sure exactly how much I should be getting my knickers in a twist because of this "news"

bkkguy

The Bavana, never stayed there but I remember a plastic omelet in the restaurant once, - horrible. I think the hotel is, mostly straight. I read the Sun piece and there was nothing about a "ransacked safe" - just that the bags were packed and the safe open. The safe in a new room is always open when you arrive. The idea that some of the drunken straights who inhabit the Patpong bars might drink themselves to death is not so difficult for me to imagine. I've seen them staggering as I have morning coffee.