spoon

Christmas and new year in gogobars?

Took me a lot of going back and forth about going to qspend ny year end in bangkok, mainly because flight ticket and hotel prices during this time is outrageously high. But the longer i wait, the higher the price will be and some accomodations actually sold out too. So i pulled the triger today, after making sure i can get the ticket at acceptable (still high) price, as well as my choices of hotels. I have to take leaves anyway or it goes away since i can only carry forward a finite amount of leaves to the next year, so its a matter of choosing where to spend my holidays lol.

Due to ridiculous prices of hotels in silom during new year and new year's eves,i decided to make my first visit down south to pattaya. I am wondering though, how is the scene of christmas in bkk gogobars and new years in pattaya will be? I see moonlight will be having special shows, and im pretty sure other bars will too. How about the decorations outside and on the streets of soi twilight/patpong? Similarly, how is the scene in pattaya boyztown/walking street? And of course sunee and jomtien?

Its definitely the peak of the peak season so i am sure there will be crowd almost everywhere. Any suggestions to beat the crowd? Any additional preparation?

Fyi, ill stay at the raya, ambiance and zing. I am going to assume i will have no issues to go to pattaya before new year? I might try to take the airport bus, which will arrive in jomtien and then maybe just taxi/grab to ambiance. Any forum members that wants or can meet me to go bar hoping can pm me directly.

I am not interested to go to the white party nor dance clubs like dj station since i dont like music that is too loud etc. I dont like the smell of the smokes too lol and actually i dont like places that are too crowded too but for the boys, i can persevere the crowd at least.

It will be fine.

Always a little extra traffic in Pattaya around new year, so be patient.

Get to the beach early or late in the afternoon if you want a lounger in a prime position.

Don't expect to go out and find a long time boy at 22:30 on New Years eve either. You might get lucky, but most will be partying. Also it's best if you can walk wherever you need to go on New Year's eve. The baht bus drivers all quit running the regular service at some point.

All easily manageable & a great holiday can be had. I keep going back at this time.

If you don't like loud music- like many of us- I'd be interested to hear how you react to Le Cafe Royal's late night, early morning performances. I'm praying that Ambiance has toughened-up its double glazing before I arrive in a few weeks.

I will report on the general loud level. I booked their penthouse though. Hopefully not that bad. Only staying two night here, in between christmas and new year. Christmas day will be in raya, new years eve/new year in zing.

I'm praying that Ambiance has toughened-up its double glazing before I arrive in a few weeks.

I'm not sure at what price point you get double glazing in a Thai hotel. You are normally lucky to get proper sealing in single glazing.

I would not stay in Boyztown. If you are committed to it, then a selection of melatonin and herbal sleep tablets might help.

So i pulled the triger today...Its definitely the peak of the peak season so i am sure there will be crowd almost everywhere. Any suggestions to beat the crowd? Any additional preparation?

Just make sure you don't end up playing Russian roulette.  The last week of December is not a good time to go if you're seeking to "beat the crowds".  The Thais take their NY countdown and partying seriously; both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are public holidays in Thailand.  Most people will be with their friends and family.  The working boys will probably be out enjoying themselves and may not be able to provide you with the kind and level of attention that you are accustomed.  Can't blame them for wanting to be off work and be with their friends at this time. Moreover, you'll be competing with loads of other customers for their time. I suggest that you go with friends or meet up with friends over there.  Have fun!

I expect the general free gay guys from apps who has normal office job are the ones who will be off the market during these holidays. I thought it is high season, so most gogo boys would want to cash in during this time. I do agree that there will be more people to compete with, hence the high season. But again, i have no experience so i dont put high expections, just want to go with the flow, just like most of my previous trips. Its a luxury i can afford to do when i am travelling solo, not with friends lol

Jupiter charges boys 1,000 baht per night penalty for not attending the bar on Xmas and New year eve so most boys would be there.

Awesome insider info jasper. I do however open to meet any forumer who also spending time in bkk/pattaya during this period to. Do send me pm.

Yes, there are plenty of guys around, all cashing in on high season. Lots of bars have parties and shows.

Spoon, your problem is that by the time you get to the bars many of the guys will have already been taken. For those already in town the best thing to do is get to a bar early, off a guy and celebrate together.

The real Thai New Year celebration is Songkran, not the western one. That's when a lot of guys return home to be with their friends and family

Yes, there are plenty of guys around, all cashing in on high season. Lots of bars have parties and shows.

Spoon, your problem is that by the time you get to the bars many of the guys will have already been taken. For those already in town the best thing to do is get to a bar early, off a guy and celebrate together.

I agree, I landed here in Pattaya yesterday and after taking couple of hour sleep, I went straight to Sunnee, the place looks really empty, though much happening inside Winners.

I happened to be there around 10:30pm, so had lost many choices already. Drink price 99 Bhat. 

Btw, anyone knows where the Niceboys bar is? I tried to find it but couldn't locate it at all. Ended-up going to Eros only to be disappointed, only 4 boys and one drunk guy, who seems to be on drugs or something, trying to touch each guys junk, like it was his property, hate these kinds of people and behavior, anyway, will post full day download soon.

Don't expect to go out and find a long time boy at 22:30 on New Years eve either. You might get lucky, but most will be partying.

True. We went to a couple of gogo bars on New Year's eve last year and all the boys were already with their friends and regular customers. No solo customers in sight. The boys did their shows and went back to their groups after. Thankfully I was with local expat friends. New Year isn't a good time to be alone.

Jupiter charges boys 1,000 baht per night penalty for not attending the bar on Xmas and New year eve so most boys would be there.

Yeay they were there to do the shows but most seemed to have made other plans with their friends and regular customers and were not interested in offs.

True. We went to a couple of gogo bars on New Year's eve last year and all the boys were already with their friends and regular customers. No solo customers in sight. The boys did their shows and went back to their groups after. Thankfully I was with local expat friends. New Year isn't a good time to be alone.

Yup. One of the reason i am glad i wont be in bkk during white party and went to pattaya instead. Might not be a difference though, i just have to see that myself. Also my reason for asking here is to set my expectation so your direct experience is really appreciated

I agree, I landed here in Pattaya yesterday and after taking couple of hour sleep, I went straight to Sunnee, the place looks really empty, though much happening inside Winners.

I happened to be there around 10:30pm, so had lost many choices already. Drink price 99 Bhat.

Btw, anyone knows where the Niceboys bar is? I tried to find it but couldn't locate it at all. Ended-up going to Eros only to be disappointed, only 4 boys and one drunk guy, who seems to be on drugs or something, trying to touch each guys junk, like it was his property, hate these kinds of people and behavior, anyway, will post full day download soon.

I never bother looking at what others are doing and judging them , i just do my own things, what they do doesnt concern me and what i do shouldnt concern them.

I had a expat guy once butt in my sucking of a guy in Nice boys Go Go to tell me I was paying too much, and now it would be expected by everyone, I asked him if he was jealous because i wasnt sucking his old knob.

I never bother looking at what others are doing and judging them , i just do my own things, what they do doesnt concern me and what i do shouldnt concern them.

I had a expat guy once butt in my sucking of a guy in Nice boys Go Go to tell me I was paying too much, and now it would be expected by everyone, I asked him if he was jealous because i wasnt sucking his old knob.

I agree, but then there are incidents like these which you can’t ignore not noticing, as they are not only distracting but disgusting at the same time.

@ Winners, there was a guy, I might say in your situation, partying a lot, four guys with him but I am sure that didn’t bothered anyone cause I am sure giving more business to these establishments is always appreciated, unless you like a guy you wanted but couldn’t because someone else’s generosity