jar1999

Traveling to hotel from bar (Pattaya) - Newbie question

Hi guys, rookie question here.  Let's say you're staying at a hotel in Jomtien, is it still possible to off someone from a bar in Sunee plaza?  How would you get back if you're a visitor and don't have a car?  Take a baht bus or taxi together?

I'm guessing that your time for short time starts when you walk out of the bar, so 20 minutes of traveling really cuts into the time heavily.  Short time is normally an hour, right?  How strict are guys with the short time timeframe?

In this situation would most of you recommend using a short time room?  Something about it just doesn't appeal to me, but I don't have any experience with them.  In my mind it seems safer & better to just make the trek back to my own hotel, where they'll keep the guys ID at the front desk.

Just tell the guy you want to take him back to Jomtien and he'll get you there.

He'll walk you up to the main road and from there it's only 10 minutes or so by baht bus. No big deal.

As for short time, there is no set limit - certainly not just an hour as far as the guys in Sunee are concerned. Guys from Boyztown may insist on a 1 hour time limit but I've never come across this. Short time finishes after the fun has finished.

You could use a MB taxi probaly looking at around 80- 100 each in high season sunee to Jomtien more likeky 100 b each

I couldn’t be bothered walking the 7 - 10 minutes or so down a busy soi with bikes speeding past you and sweating like a bitch on heat and then waiting for a crowded baht bus hanging on the back to jomtien then walking to your room

Just negotiate a mb taxi

If your near Winner boys go go its about 80 baht each to jomtien ,the boy will orefer a mb taxi rather than sweating walking especially if its a fem boy

Yes i agree that Short time doesn't depend on precise duration. It depends on arrangement between boy and customer.

I just saw last night at X-Boys bar in Bangkok one boy leaving with customer (elderly farang) just before show started.

45 minutes later, before the show ended, he came back into the bar, stripped down to his white briefs and sat with a group of guys and girls (looks filipino) drinking with them. After show ended, he went up on stage for rotation.

It was one of my pet peeves when negotiating with a guy online and that was his version of short time, i used to always like a massage beforehand and I remember one boy last September tell me on the app sorry short time is 20 minutes for him

1000 baht for 20 minutes????? i replied to him , yes he said, “ Keep dreaming sweetheart “, I replied

I dont set a time limit but i know some farangs who demand at least an hour and tell the boy mostly online that thats what they want minimum at least,

but you can be satisfied with a 15-20;minute short time , i have had a lot of boys ram & slam me hard in less than 20 minutes and i have been completely satisfied by that workout !!!

And in most cases 1000 baht for a stunner in Boyztown for 20 minutes of cock slamming my pussy was well worth it !!

Recently I stayed in the Jomtien Complex where I took boys LT (my preference) and ST from Sunee. I would echo the previous advice that motor bike taxis are the best option. Walking to the baht bus routes is not good in the heat, dodging traffic and waiting at the rank for their departure. Generally myself and boy were accomodated on one bike I.e. three up. This may sound dangerous but it is common in Thailand and the moto guys are very skilled and my boys were always slim and young and sat in the rear position. It seemed like no time at all to make the journey which the guys seemed to be very familiar with. When I specified Jomtien Complex one reeled off the various hotels - Agate, Zing, Poseidon, Venue to ascertain the best access. Always wear a helmet !.

As to the time for a ST I cannot recall ever timing one. I’m always bottom for ST so it would depend on how much foreplay and how long the boy took to cum.

1000 baht for 20 minutes????? i replied to him , yes he said, “ Keep dreaming sweetheart “, I replied

Loved your this comment Terry4 :), I would say something similar to guy who suggests something like this. 

Yes, I concur with everyone above, short time has no strict hours attached to it, the best is to check with the guy and if you're unsure throw in some extra if you want him to stay little longer.

Day before I did exactly this, I just wanted to meet a guy who I interacted over Grindr, turns out he was working at ToyBoys but didn’t want him to stay over that night as I was sharing room with my friend for a night who was leaving next day. Though I did want to meet him and spend some time together before committing for next day.

I called him over around 7:00pm as before the bar opens and hoping to finish at around 9:30pm, however after we meet, we saw there was chemistry so neither he brought the timing nor did I, of course he had to call Bar and pay 500 BHAT  but in return, I got his time till 1:00am and paid 2000 Bhat, including 500 that he has to pay the bar, which I would have anyway, should I have gone to the bar + 2 drinks, so all in all was a good deal for me and the guy both.

. I would echo the previous advice that motor bike taxis are the best option. Walking to the baht bus routes is not good in the heat, dodging traffic and waiting at the rank for their departure. .

I would never ride on the back of a motorcycle, no matter how cheap or convenient they are. It's not so much the skill of the motorcycle guys, it's the lack of skill of the other road users that worries me.

When we go from Sunee to Jomtien we never walk down to the baht bus departure rank in front of the school. We just hall one on the main road.

There is sometimes a problem doing that. The buses outside the school don't move until they are full and so you may have a long wait. Nevertheless, I wouldn't use  a motor-cy for that journey.

My most terrifying experience in Thailand was on my first visit when I didn't understand the motor-cy rota system, thinking that I could choose my driver. Accordingly, I "chose" a middle-aged guy to take me from Boyztown to Jomtien. He then called out to a barely-pubescent boy (presumably named "Lek") . He had apparently not yet learnt the meaning of fear. Unlike me, who never again used a motor-cy to get to Jomtien.

There is sometimes a problem doing that. The buses outside the school don't move until they are full and so you may have a long wait. Nevertheless, 

If you don't wish to stand in line for a Baht Bus, just walk a bit further down the line and ask one of the empty baht bus drivers to take you to Jomtien. Cost is 200 Baht for the bus. Or take a motorbike taxi for 80 Baht/person. 

Regarding transport to Jomtien and my preference for motor bikes from Sunee. I would not normally do this from Boystown but instead I would walk to the rank in front of the school and take a baht bus at 10 baht. I say 10 because my efforts to off in BT came to nought. I did visit Cupidol which was a favourite of mine 2 or 3 years ago but not anymore. I entered about 8.30 on my second evening and found only one other customer and a group of very lethargic boys, and also a very annoying mamasan who tried repeatedly to engage me in conversation and asked for drinks at 180 baht whilst sitting in close proximity. I left fairly quickly and walked to Sunee where Winner was very busy with attractive boys and reasonably priced drinks. The downside is the difficulty with access, but this has been covered numerous times on this board.

Although I’m a biker I won’t either ride an MC taxi or hire a bike in Thailand. I’m firmly of the belief that unless you’re wearing full protective gear, being on a bike is Russian Roulette.

1) helmets need to both fit properly and never have been dropped. Most of the ones on MC taxis are old and very battered.

2) come off a Motorcycle at 30 miles an hour without proper gear and you will likely lose your skin down to the bone.

Google motorcycle road rash injury.

If you don't wish to stand in line for a Baht Bus, just walk a bit further down the line and ask one of the empty baht bus drivers to take you to Jomtien. Cost is 200 Baht for the bus. Or take a motorbike taxi for 80 Baht/person. 

Thanks, when I want to get back 200B seems fine to me - I did not know this was possible.

Fully agree. You can just walk to the mouth of the soi and ask for an empty bus for 200 B. That was what I did when I stayed in Jomtien. I do not take motorcycles since a while ago; an accident after some drinks seems to be a very likely scenario nowadays so wont risk any more.

In 2013, I used to stay in Jomtien and off boys from Sunee and Boystown and go back by songtheo.

I'm guessing that your time for short time starts when you walk out of the bar, so 20 minutes of traveling really cuts into the time heavily.  Short time is normally an hour, right?  How strict are guys with the short time timeframe?

If the boy Talks about duration of short time, that is a very poor start. I don't like to rush things or have deadlines for enjoyable activities. So when a boy tells me in advance that he has only limited time, I reply "Never mind. We can meet another time. I will find someone else." In many cases, suddenly they have enough time. 

If everything goes well, I spend about one hour with a boy in bed. Add traveling and showering, and he is two hours out of the bar.

Short time is over when I give the boy the money.

If the boy Talks about duration of short time, that is a very poor start. I don't like to rush things or have deadlines for enjoyable activities. So when a boy tells me in advance that he has only limited time, I reply "Never mind. We can meet another time. I will find someone else." In many cases, suddenly they have enough time. 

that's very good advice from an expert and worth memorizing.

They may have other limits they may wish to voice out but time limitation should not be among them unless we ask first. 

I would echo the previous advice that motor bike taxis are the best option.

Bear in mind your travel/medical insurance policy almost certainly won't cover you if have an accident while riding on a motorbike, unless you've opted for additional 'dangerous actvities' cover. It's cheap and easy but in my view it's not worth the risk.

Guest Travellerdave2

My travel insurance does in fact cover motor bike travel. I have checked with the company. Up to five years ago I used occasionally ride my bike to France and Spain.