marknyc

Best muscle in Bangkok?

Hi,

I'll be in Bangkok from Jan. 3-5.  Is Tawan Bar still the best place for muscle?

Are there any really built guys I should get in contact with?  The bigger the better, as long as they are still muscular.

Any other tips?  What are the best bars/hangouts these days?  Haven't been since 2004.  How have things changed?

Thanks,

Mark

I was at Hot Male last night. Hot Male's first show starts the earliest among all the bars in Soi Twilight. I was in at 9.30pm to look at boys on stage. At 9.45pm, the show started. Short show. 30 minutes. There are some muscle boys who will not look out of place in Moonlight and Jupiter. Drinks is 400 baht if i remember correctly. Before i left, i passed 200 baht tip to a good looking guy on stage.

Thanks for the advice.  I checked the Moonlight thread, and looked at their FB page. 

Can someone explain the terms to me? What is an "off" fee?  How do I ask if someone is available to go to a private room?  Not looking for sex, just for posing, etc.

So the three bars for muscle are Tawan, Jupiter, and Moonlight?  Do they all have boys you can pay for?

Finally, I'd like to meet a real bodybuilder while I'm there - someone much bigger even than the muscular boys at Moonlight.  Any suggestions on how I might do that?  Is there a way to contact someone before I arrive?

Thanks for all the help!

Mark

Hello Mark. An “off fee” is basically a bar fine - a small fee to the bar when you engage a boy. Negotiations for time together, tip (the fee paid to the boy) and the exact services you expect from him, are conducted directly with the boy himself. If your only requirement is muscle worship, it would be good to state this upfront as some boys turn down engagements if they assume sex is involved. 

For Moonlight models, the off fee is 1000 to the bar. They do have real bodybuilders - one the new models Atom competes and wins in regional WFF events. His most recent win was in November. Tae is a gym trainer to other muscle boys and bodybuilders. Some of the regular non-model boys are also muscular and their off fee is 500. My understanding is Atom is working at the bar to fund his bodybuilding competitions and may appreciate the interest/business. He is quite new so it would be good to be very specific you are not asking him for sex.

For even bigger specimens, Tawan is your best bet. This bar is strictly for muscle and had the largest boys. I am not familiar with Tawan but maybe some of the other members can offer some suggestions, 

For meeting non-bar bodybuilders, you may be best going to Jupiter to look for #73 (thanks for the reminder Jasper!) Mekhin Aryuwattanamongkol. He was a very successful competitive bodybuilder and still has a stunning physique - you may be interested to check him out first even before the Moonlight boys. If you are lucky enough to off him, he will be great for posing, muscle worship etc. Additionally, he is very friendly and speaks decent English so you can ask him how to connect with real bodybuilders and who can be engaged for a room session. He has been in the business long enough that he will clock what you mean. Even if you are unable to off him, you can ask to have a chat with him in Jupiter. Just explain to any mamasan that you have a question for Mekhin. 

Attached for your viewing pleasure, the Moonlight models flexing. Atom is the one with the nice smile, front kneeling. 

49FC3466-04EB-47C0-B916-8E5674D721FC.jpeg

I missed your question about how to ask a boy back to your room. Honestly just call them over for a drink, enlist the mamasan’s help if needed. And say “You come with me? No sex. I want see your muscle”. And flex your bicep for good measure. They will get it. 

Edit: the muscle boys are terribly vain. They LOVE showing off. If you are nice, smiling and friendly, likely they will be more than happy to agree. 

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, marknyc said:

Also, should I visit Lumpini Park during the day to meet bodybuilders?

Well, I wouldn't get my expectations too high from a stroll in Lumpini Park. There is a small outdoor gym but sort of fenced off (you pay a small fee to use the gym) and it will be difficult to get in touch with the guys. Whilst some guys may be gay and looking for more than just the exercise, my impression is that the majority of guys there are straight and are there to work out; not to hook up with a farang. But Lumpini Park is a very nice place and a lot of things to be seen there, so I recommend that you try it out - but a man-to-man session with a muscle guy is unlikely there.

You will be able to sit on bench outside the gym and admire the guys from a distance. The outdoor gym may be a bit difficult to find as the park is huge (I always have to walk a bit back and forth to find it). Admittedly, I have never entered the gym area to get closer to guys there - I would feel somewhat intimidated to work out there among the thai muscle guys there, let alone to enter with the only purpose to glance at the guys working out. I'm not sure how well a "spectator only" will be welcome inside the gym area but give it a try and report back.

2 hours ago, marknyc said:

Thanks for the very detailed info!  It is much appreciated.  Looks like I should check out Tawan first, and If that doesn't sate me, then head to Moonlight and Jupiter.

Do I need to bring Baht or will they accept U.S. dollars?

Mark

yes , start with Tawan.

I agree about speedoo1 coments above about Lumpini, go, see but don't count on hook up. If you are more familiar with guys then you stand better chance somebody will notice your familiar face ( happened to me twice)  but if you are newbie, no. But park is great and hardly my day in BKK goes without me strolling there . Gym is close to clock tower, when you enter through main gate, one with statue in front turn right into first alley just past drinks/ coffee shack and keep going more or less straight without going too deep into park .

watch for monitor lizards crossing the roads  and for muscly boys going to and from gym, one of them may smile at you ( don't count on it but it happened, one of Tawan boys recognized  but unfortunately not one I liked )   

as for money Baht are better, I had odd case when boy did not seem happy with USD although it's not much hassle to exchange for them , everybody likes easy life. You'd not be happy with payment in , say , euros at home in NYC either

Counters in airport railway station / not airport itself, station in in the basement, lowest level/ have one of best rates everywhere, don't buy Baht in USA as rate will be worse.

Notes with old and new kings are in circulation so is quite a variety

37 minutes ago, vinapu said:

as for money Baht are better, I had odd case when boy did not seem happy with USD although it's not much hassle to exchange for them , everybody likes easy life. You'd not be happy with payment in , say , euros at home in NYC either

Counters in airport railway station / not airport itself, station in in the basement, lowest level/ have one of best rates everywhere, don't buy Baht in USA as rate will be worse.

Notes with old and new kings are in circulation so is quite a variety

Adding to Vinapu’s comments, exchange rate is better for higher denominations, ie $50& $100 and should be in good conditions as  money changer may refuse to exchange marked notes.16ABC30A-E2DE-4E5F-B4A4-18F7348C60D8.thumb.jpeg.7f1c2a8767861a5cc6654efde91cf2c1.jpeg

On 12/31/2018 at 2:28 AM, vinapu said:

I agree about speedoo1 coments above about Lumpini, go, see but don't count on hook up. If you are more familiar with guys then you stand better chance somebody will notice your familiar face ( happened to me twice)  but if you are newbie, no. But park is great and hardly my day in BKK goes without me strolling there . Gym is close to clock tower, when you enter through main gate, one with statue in front turn right into first alley just past drinks/ coffee shack and keep going more or less straight without going too deep into park .

watch for monitor lizards crossing the roads  and for muscly boys going to and from gym, one of them may smile at you ( don't count on it but it happened, one of Tawan boys recognized  but unfortunately not one I liked )   

Are they Lumpini park bodybuilders?

The song was mega hit in Thailand last year and heard several time at Jupiter’s Karaoke time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfqJyKm20Z4

CAD3AE5B-82B1-4674-AF0B-9D66E8D81A36.jpeg

10 hours ago, marknyc said:

Arriving soon!  What time does the action start at Tawan? I don’t want to be too early!

Mark

show starts about 10.30 but keep in mind bar opens at 9.00 and sometimes  more popular boys are already gone with clients before show starts 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, jason1975 said:

Yes , I remember this song! It’s a Thai cover of a Jap song but it’s really popular in Thailand. At the live band bar at Patpong, whenever the band plays it (Fortune Cookie), people will start dancing.

I remember the song too, it really was everywhere. The Jupiter singers do it better than the original, in my opinion LOL.  

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great advice! I had fun at Tawan bar last night. There were two guys who were in great shape and were very friendly, but the price has gone up a lot! Over $100 when everything is added up. Last time I was here I had an amazing body builder for $35 total.

Then I went to Moonlight, which I would not recommend  to anyone who is looking for muscle. The boys were all very young, skinny Twinks. And they were more expensive than the bodybuilders at TawN!  

Today I went to Lumpini Park and found the outdoor gym with no problem. Fun to see, but luckily no one toogle over.

Tonight, I think I will just wander around, maybe go to Jupiter, or My Hero, unless anyone has other recommendations.

Thanks again,

Mark 

8 minutes ago, marknyc said:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the great advice! I had fun at Tawan bar last night. There were two guys who were in great shape and were very friendly, but the price has gone up a lot! Over $100 when everything is added up. Last time I was here I had an amazing body builder for $35 total.

Then I went to Moonlight, which I would not recommend  to anyone who is looking for muscle. The boys were all very young, skinny Twinks. And they were more expensive than the bodybuilders at TawN!  

Today I went to Lumpini Park and found the outdoor gym with no problem. Fun to see, but luckily no one toogle over.

Tonight, I think I will just wander around, maybe go to Jupiter, or My Hero, unless anyone has other recommendations.

Thanks again,

Mark 

Mark thanks for sharing your night. What time did you go to Moonlight? Did you go late and miss the model parade? I cannot imagine anyone describing the models as twinks, they are either muscular or gym fit. 

If you do go to Jupiter, go early and try to meet 73 Mekhin. He may also be expensive but is good fun for a drink and chat. 

17 minutes ago, marknyc said:

Hi Hank,

i saw the show at about 11:30 - trust me, they were all skinny young boys.

What time should I get to Jupiter?

11.30 would be when the show is winding up or finished, and the floor boys (yes, mostly twinks) go on the rotation. The models may come back on at midnight if they decide to work two shows but you won’t see them from the audience unless they’re sitting with a customer. The show starts at 10.30 and the models usually do a full parade at 10.45. They may also have an earlier parade around 9ish, in jeans not speedos. 

If you want to try and off Mekhin at Jupiter, go early around 9 to 9.30. If you just want to see the show, it starts at 10.20. I’d suggest going earlier to secure a good seat, say 10 pm. But even if you turn up as the show is starting they will try and seat you. 

You may also want to have a look in Dream Boy, if no one catches your eye at Jupiter.