hank75

“Up to you”, “Take Care” and other Newbie tips

Guest Travellerdave2

Z909 I think that’s pushing things rather far. I remember the gay beach maybe 15 + years ago when it was 99% gay when farangs cuddled and kissed their Thai boyfriends there and played about with them in the sea when it was calm. I used to do it myself. Extremely brief speedos were the norm for the boys. But  I really don’t think this sort of thing would now be acceptable, now Pattaya attracts a much wider spectrum of visitors with sex tourists both gay and str being a much smaller percentage.

Spoon Yes I agree with you about Zing and of course I “behaved” during the episode I mentioned round the pool.

2 hours ago, Travellerdave2 said:

Z909 I think that’s pushing things rather far. I remember the gay beach maybe 15 + years ago when it was 99% gay when farangs cuddled and kissed their Thai boyfriends there and played about with them in the sea when it was calm. I used to do it myself. Extremely brief speedos were the norm for the boys. .

On the gay beach only the kissing part MIGHT need some restraint.   The most difficult part would probably be getting a boy from his phone to the beach.

11 hours ago, Travellerdave2 said:

Yes Vinapu I cannot challenge your logic !. 

me and logic in one sentence , that's something ! thank you

10 hours ago, spoon said:

Zing hotel is no longer gay hotel under new management as far as i know. Stayed there as well.

but still no problem with being gay there , visitors can be taken to  a room bypassing reception and generally speaking it nice place and good value for money IMNSHO

9 hours ago, hank75 said:

But I will never off a straight boy who is obviously angling only for female customers and only reluctantly accepts a gay customer as second best. You can tell which lads are “straight” but still enjoy a good romp and a good customer regardless of gender, and those who are only interested in tip and will rush through the proceedings. 

But I do not know why someone has not created a men only bar. Even a straight boy has told me that professionally speaking,  he prefers being offed by men, as they are straightforward to deal with and generous while women are much harder to please. 

good , leave that guy for me, LOL. Most of us are second best anyways for gay or straight guys. While  a lot of boys seem to be happy to see us again it's not because our charms although they some may genuinely like us. They know they must sell illusion and better they are, fatter their pocket is.

Over years I met quite  a few straight guys who were only interested in tip but sill doing good job and not rushing it at all. In fact I commented few times already that for my personal use I like straight types because they know they must perform and try. Since horniness is not much a factor they  seem  to resign to their fate and suffer it with grace while  youngish gay types subscribe more to ' you cum , I go ' routine. But what do I know?

As for 'man only ' bars,  I guess owners think either market would not support it or unwanted attention could be drawn. Imagine next step , sign  on say Jupiter's door "Asian men only", hell would broke loose although I suspect it would be some who applaud

8 hours ago, spoon said:

I view other people, straight or not, with the same feeling depending how they behave.

# me too, 

over the years I recall only 2 situations where customers behavior really upset me and prompt to leave bar prematurely :

two girls chatting loudly and constantly at Classic and three guys, I assume gays otherwise what they would be doing there ? , doing the same but only louder in XBoys soi Twilight.

Can't recall who was more upsetting but for sure it weren't those girls

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

visitors can be taken to  a room bypassing reception and generally speaking it nice place and good value for money IMNSHO

If you choose not to bypass reception, does Zing take ID cards of guests and call you when they leave?  I ask because I'm thinking safety is better ensured when the hotel calls before giving back the guest IDs.

(Bonus question: does the Raya in Bangkok take guest IDs and call you when they leave?  They didn't respond whatsoever to 3 different emails.)

Has anyone ever brought 2 guests back to Zing?  Did you avoid reception?  I recently emailed them about it, and they said the first guest is free but the second guest will be 500 baht.

Raya and zing didnt take id, well raya, ive always didnt go to reception but zing, in one ocassion, i went to the reception with boy since i left the key there. No request of id. Ambiance however asked for id, except if the boy is well known to the counter. But if you are concern, u can always bring boy to counter and ask them to leave their id. Unless the boy is underage or have ill-intention, i dont think they would mind.

At one point, The Raya wanted "guests" to stop by the desk so the staff could make a photocopy of the identification.  That was for the hotel's protection in meeting certain requirements.  The identification went back to the guest before he came to the room.  No call when they left as no need to stop to get identification.  In August, the need to leave a photocopy wasn't insisted upon.

The Poseidon in Pattaya does take the ID and does call upon departure.

In Zing after 11:00 pm they close the gate so you cannot by pass reception. Everytime I had a boy I stoped at reception and they collected id. I don t know about checking when the boy leaves because I always come down with him out of coutesy.

There was a notice at the reception "only one guest in the room" but when a boy who wanted a 3some with his friend asked at the reception on our way out the receptionist said no problem and did not mention anything about joiner s fee.

16 hours ago, jar1999 said:

If you choose not to bypass reception, does Zing take ID cards of guests and call you when they leave?  I ask because I'm thinking safety is better ensured when the hotel calls before giving back the guest IDs.

(Bonus question: does the Raya in Bangkok take guest IDs and call you when they leave?  They didn't respond whatsoever to 3 different emails.)

I may sound naive because everything is possible but if I had any  doubts about security of being with guy of my choice I'd not go with him. I don't mind reception taking ID and never was with boy who would do either  but if that step is bypassed , I don't care much.

Age checking  is not  a problem with me because I prefer 25-35 sector.

In Raya reception is on the 5th floor and access to elevators is by card so if you are staying in say, 6th you bypass reception entirely but if checking id is important , nothing stops one from  going through reception anyways and if guy objects, better send him away ASAP.

23 hours ago, spoon said:

But if you are concern, u can always bring boy to counter and ask them to leave their id. Unless the boy is underage or have ill-intention, i dont think they would mind.

This is a great tip!  Thanks!  Do you ever ask guys at the bar to make sure that they have their IDs with them before you both leave?

18 hours ago, ggobkk said:

The Poseidon in Pattaya does take the ID and does call upon departure.

I tried to book there, but it had already sold out.  I'm hoping the Zing isn't too bad in comparison!  I've read that the pool sometimes carries with it a foul odor... hopefully not always the case!  :)

13 hours ago, BL8gPt said:

In Zing after 11:00 pm they close the gate so you cannot by pass reception. Everytime I had a boy I stoped at reception and they collected id.

Okay, great information!  Thanks!  I guess if a 3some is to be, it'll be up to whomever is working the desk that night about any relevant fees

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

I may sound naive because everything is possible but if I had any  doubts about security of being with guy of my choice I'd not go with him. I don't mind reception taking ID and never was with boy who would do either  but if that step is bypassed , I don't care much.

I think you're fairly experienced so I fully understand your confidence with the guys and what's happening.  I totally agree about if I felt nervous about a guy I wouldn't go with him.  Just trying to be extra cautious on a first trip to avoid any major pitfalls.  Thanks for the information about Raya, I didn't realize it had such a layout

Ive never yet asked a boy to leave id, i dont feel unsafe with boys that i take thus far, since i only take boys from bars, you can always go back to the bar if u have issues. Not saying bar will help, but at least you wont be totallg helpless. If you take boys from apps, then perhaps there is a reason to be concern, especially if you are on the slimmer side, and boys u take can easily overpower you. But yeah, its good to be cautious but dont need to be overly cautious that youll end up not taking boys at all. U can also use short time hotel near the bar, (boys will know where to go) if you want peace of mind. 

Guest Travellerdave2

As regards Zing I believe now that they don’t close the gate. When I was there I don’t recall any notice about a 500 baht charge for two guests. During my recent trip I took a boy to my room from PR during the afternoon and then one LT overnight from Winner. I obtained a third towel from the guy doing the rooms, who I previously tipped each morning with 100 baht, as is my custom at hotels. I think this is always a good practice.

its never occurred to me that I could be physically assaulted by a boy and I’ve never heard of that happening. I suppose it is safer taking boys from the bars rather than from the web. I’ve had a lot from PR and even I n the past I’ve had pickups from the beach and on one occasion from a meeting on a baht bus. Never had a threat of physical assault only several shouting matches when there was performance issues.

13 hours ago, jar1999 said:

This is a great tip!  Thanks!  Do you ever ask guys at the bar to make sure that they have their IDs with them before you both leave?

I totally agree about if I felt nervous about a guy I wouldn't go with him.  Just trying to be extra cautious on a first trip to avoid any major pitfalls.  Thanks for the information about Raya, I didn't realize it had such a layout

if I know  that hotel may ask fort ID , yes I always ask guy if they have one before we leave  in order to avoid potentially embarrassing situation of him not being admitted.

Short time rooms are solution if  you like guy and he doesn't have ID , just make sure he look as somebody who is eligible for driving license ( keep in mind that very often South Asians look much younger that they are )

In absence of experience you can employ something called ' gut feeling" and is you sense you don't like something , even if you don't know what is is , it's better to let it go. Plenty fish in the sea.

Guest Travellerdave2
5 hours ago, vinapu said:

Short time rooms are solution if  you like guy and he doesn't have ID , just make sure he look as somebody who is eligible for driving license ( keep in mind that very often South Asians look much younger that they are )

In absence of experience you can employ something called ' gut feeling" and is you sense you don't like something , even if you don't know what is is , it's better to let it go. Plenty fish in the sea.

I don’t really like short time rooms - they are generally rather basic with smaller beds compared with the better confort of my hotel. If staying in the Complex  and offing from BT/Sunee or vice-versa I would take a quick trip by motor bike. A long time ago I picked up boys from the gay beach and utilised a Jomtien ST room. 

Yes I could have a gut feeling about a boy but maybe if you have “the hots” for him, the latter could overrule the former. Some hotel staff, particularly at small ones, don’t want to be bothered with id’s and if they are offered, just put then in a drawer or box without looking at them. They are maybe half or fully asleep,if you arrive with a boy at a late hour.

hotel staff are more c0-operative in the event of problems with guests if you have been friendly and generous with tips.

9 hours ago, Travellerdave2 said:

I don’t really like short time rooms - they are generally rather basic

I'm not big fan either but they have their uses if one is staying in hotel which is adverse to visitors or allows them only in daytime, joiner charges are higher than short time room .

Sometimes we travel with people who not necessarily must know whom we are entertaining or don't want strangers in shared room. At times our hotel may be far from entertainment area. Or our flight is late evening, we already moved out of hotel but still have some itching for an entertainment.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

I'm not big fan either but they have their uses if one is staying in hotel which is adverse to visitors or allows them only in daytime, joiner charges are higher than short time room .

Sometimes we travel with people who not necessarily must know whom we are entertaining or don't want strangers in shared room. At times our hotel may be far from entertainment area. Or our flight is late evening, we already moved out of hotel but still have some itching for an entertainment.

This is such a concise statement that it should be in the Timeless Forum.