ggobkk

Trip Report (a bit delayed) Pattaya and Bangkok

3 hours ago, Scooby said:

On 2nd thought I don't really care who you think are Big Spenders.

Try getting a sense of humour.     

Also, if your sole purpose in life is to have a dig at everything I write, well it will be like water off a ducks back.

7 hours ago, z909 said:

I saw IconSiam from a river boat and thought this was close enough.   Looks like another mall specializing in the most expensive brands.   I guess even the resident big spenders on the board do not aspire to owning Gucci handbags and the like.

some perhaps can afford being big spenders precisely because they don't shop Gucci and the like.

5 hours ago, Scooby said:

Same as nobody should comment on the frugality of certain members.

I think we can comment on everything posters see fit to post including idiocy of eating breakfast in Foodland for 65 baht every day before 9 in order to save 16 baht over regular price of 81 and spending 450 for beer in the bar when the same bottle  can be had at 7/11 for 46

23 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I think we can comment on everything posters see fit to post including idiocy of eating breakfast in Foodland for 65 baht every day before 9 in order to save 16 baht over regular price of 81 and spending 450 for beer in the bar when the same bottle  can be had at 7/11 for 46

Actually I was not thinking of you .And in fact I was thinking of nobody in particular , either as a Big Spender or Frugal Spender, 

I have been in Siam Paragon hundreds of times. The Money I spent was in Apple Store, DTAC and food court and a great Movie Theater. Did not even window shop any other stores but certainly looked at the Eye Candy which is everywhere and as good as you get to see in any GoGo Bar. And in fact once in awhile ( seldom) you might actually get a phone number for later contact. Certainly Michael could comment on that.:p

Certainly a big difference between a 1 week or a 1 month and longer visit. Easy to spend a few hours in a Mall when you are not trying to cram as much as possible into a short visit.

34 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Certainly a big difference between a 1 week or a 1 month and longer visit. Easy to spend a few hours in a Mall when you are not trying to cram as much as possible into a short visit.

Very true...one criteria I use is to see if there is something unique in a mall - so at Iconsiam, the lower level village shop/food court area is a draw.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:06 AM, Scooby said:

And in fact once in awhile ( seldom) you might actually get a phone number for later contact. Certainly Michael could comment on that.:p

I have met a few guys at the mall and had some fun.  Most were not money boys and just wanted to spend time. A nice smile, a raised eyebrow and a look of intense lust are often all that is needed to start a conversation. Sometimes it leads nowhere. But, sometimes it does.  I love gambling so I'm willing to take the risks. Heck, I had a Food Panda delivery guy before.  Gaydar is a true thing. But, it is harder for me in Thailand than in most places.

I love the malls and I love going to them to eat and watch movies.  If I were here for a short time, I'd still go but more for eating and watching the sexy guys than to shop.

10 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

I had a tooth extracted two days ago, now waiting on a temporary, then more work.

Oh no!  Hope it's going ok

11 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

Back to Tuesday night at Maxi's...I mentioned earlier, that I'd observed a Japanese gentleman have a massage at Bangkok Massage, then I observed him with the boy at Maxi's.  Tonight, he is there with two of the Bangkok Massage boys treating them to food and drink, he has also begun entertaining the youngest o Maxi's waiters.  

FYI - this particular gent is back and doing the same, so lots of smiling faces at Bonny, Maxi's and X-Boys.  

8 hours ago, Michael said:

I have met a few guys at the mall and had some fun.  Most were not money boys and just wanted to spend time. A nice smile, a raised eyebrow and a look of intense lust are often all that is needed to start a conversation. Sometimes it leads nowhere. But, sometimes it does.  I love gambling so I'm willing to take the risks. Heck, I had a Food Panda delivery guy before.  Gaydar is a true thing. But, it is harder for me in Thailand than in most places.

I love the malls and I love going to them to eat and watch movies.  If I were here for a short time, I'd still go but more for eating and watching the sexy guys than to shop.

I have fantasies about pizza delivery guys, room service waiters, and some of those 7-11 workers. Or guys on the train, bus, boat. Or those who set up and tear down the Patpong night market. Or some of guys who work in sidewalk stalls. Or..........

I wouldnt have the courage to approach guys like that lol. I guess my gaydar doesnt work as good as michael, especially when i like manly or straight acting guys lol there is one time where a delivery guy comes to my place and i thought damn this guy is cute, he even initiate conversation and told me where he live lol. But my instinct is the guy is just being friendly.

1 hour ago, reader said:

I have fantasies about pizza delivery guys, room service waiters, and some of those 7-11 workers. Or guys on the train, bus, boat. Or those who set up and tear down the Patpong night market. Or some of guys who work in sidewalk stalls. Or..........

I like those guys as well.  :)

1 hour ago, spoon said:

I wouldnt have the courage to approach guys like that lol. I guess my gaydar doesnt work as good as michael, especially when i like manly or straight acting guys lol there is one time where a delivery guy comes to my place and i thought damn this guy is cute, he even initiate conversation and told me where he live lol. But my instinct is the guy is just being friendly.

I am not shy and have actually had many guys from Siam Paragon and Central World. I like regular guys a lot. But, I am not shy and my eyes are very revealing.  Plus, I have lots of friends who say that I don't pay close attention to them when talking as my eyes are always wondering to the eye candy available. They call it rude but I call it multitasking.

ggobkk, I am enjoying your reports! I love seeing other guys treat the boys to fun times.  I had one guy from the massage place across from Maxi's I liked a lot. Tons of great eye candy from Maxi's!

7 hours ago, spoon said:

quite possible he did not have courage either, sometimes pays to be brave.

In Dec 2016 in Siem Reap I had tuk-tuk driver ,  very sexy with  his knees poking out of his  tatty jeans. I assumed  it just a fashion but when I witnessed him meeting by chance another farang, much younger then me mind you , way they embraced and touched each other during brief conversation made me thinking I wasted great opportunity.

Opposite to situation I had in travel office in HoiAn, Vietnam hiring car to go to MyLai. Without blinking eye guy behind the counter told me "when you return I will come to your hotel "

14 hours ago, ggobkk said:

If that's what I need, the cost in Thailand would be much less than at home...with the caveat that I'd need to be in Thailand for six weeks of follow up care.  So it's a wash financially.  

if wash financially , still if possible from workwise point of view I rather had those 6 weeks in Thailand than at home

I enjoy reading your trip reports as well. Some of the information will definitely helped me on my own next visit. Im really bad at planning my trips ahead of time unless i travel with friends and most of the time, they decided on the dates. Thinking to do quick trips (3 days at a time) but more frequent.