TotallyOz

GayThailand is now GayGuides.com

Hello Michael
I am also having problems logging into the Forums.
I was able to sign in to the Home Page with my old User Name:  GWMinUS
I then saw I had Two Accounts. One I had not used in many years: GWM_in_US
So I logged into that account and deleted it.

But the problem is that when I went to the Forums I was told I must complete my Registration. and Enter a User Name.
I entered my User Name GWMinUS and got an error message saying that name is already in use.

So I have now entered a new User Name there:  GWMinUSA
That created a new Account and I am able to read and hopefully post to the Forums
But, of course, my old Messages and Profile are gone.

Can this be fixed?
Thanks

24 minutes ago, GWMinUS said:

Hello Michael
I am also having problems logging into the Forums.
I was able to sign in to the Home Page with my old User Name:  GWMinUS
I then saw I had Two Accounts. One I had not used in many years: GWM_in_US
So I logged into that account and deleted it.

But the problem is that when I went to the Forums I was told I must complete my Registration. and Enter a User Name.
I entered my User Name GWMinUS and got an error message saying that name is already in use.

So I have now entered a new User Name there:  GWMinUSA
That created a new Account and I am able to read and hopefully post to the Forums
But, of course, my old Messages and Profile are gone.

Can this be fixed?
Thanks

It should be fixed. Please try again.

In case you love the notification, u can now follow a topic, like trip reports etc, and get notified if a new post/reply is available. I used this function a lot at a different forum, since they only have one topic all mush into it, all about one place. Have yet to use this function here though. 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:34 PM, vinapu said:

We are all for big change tonight. Tomorrow morning each of us will be 1 year older 

Happy and sexy New Year 2019 for everybody !!!

Happy New Year Vinapu!

I have tried to send you a personal message but I can't figure out this strange new site. I am hoping to be in Pattaya in May so perhaps paths will cross again.

Best regards biguyby.

17 hours ago, biguyby said:

Happy New Year Vinapu!

I have tried to send you a personal message but I can't figure out this strange new site. I am hoping to be in Pattaya in May so perhaps paths will cross again.

Best regards biguyby.

sent you PM , hope it reaches you when you wake up, otherwise let me know here ( apologies  for abusing this thread )

On 1/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, Alexx said:

Michael, it's great to see your return as a Gay Thailand forum owner. All the best! :)

Michael, thank you for sorting out my log-in issues.  Everything works fine now and it looks like the new forum continues to be a success.

Alexx, nice to see your name in the lights again.  Hope you will contribute and share your insights with us again.

Since the last Firefox upgrade, several days ago, my bookmark which is supposed to take me to "Unread content", with automatic login doesn't work. 

I tried editing the bookmark in the usual way, but still it will not take me to unread content.

I'm also presented with 2 login options. 

1  The main box in the centre of the screen doesn't accept my password.   Also, it even generated an e-mail stating my account is suspended for a couple of days.

2  The box in the top right corner works OK, even after I got an e-mail saying the account is suspended.

I need about 6~7 clicks to get to the forum unread content now.

No other web site is affected.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, spoon said:

U need 6-7 click to access the tab on top right that will directly show unread content? Is it because u have to log in each time?

I now have to log in every time, so several clicks are required to get to my preferred "Unread Content" page.       

I like to go direct to my preferred "Unread Content" page, as I have done here for years and do so on almost ever other site.      This stopped working for this site about 2 weeks ago.   

Is anyone else having the same problem ?

10 hours ago, z909 said:

I now have to log in every time, so several clicks are required to get to my preferred "Unread Content" page.       

I like to go direct to my preferred "Unread Content" page, as I have done here for years and do so on almost ever other site.      This stopped working for this site about 2 weeks ago.   

Is anyone else having the same problem ?

no, I'm Ok.

just tested 

Since others are having no problem, I had a look at what else could be done, with my limited IT skills.    I tried deleting the cookies saved for this specific site & automatic login now works as normal.

[20 cookies deleted, 18 already renewed......]

I spoke too soon.    Despite a complete PC restart when testing yesterday, the problem is back today.        Does any other Firefox user have this working OK at present ?

The only forums I have the problem with are this one and Boy Toy.

There really should be no log in issues if you follow the required log in procedure. That is, go to www.gayguides.com main page. Click Log in. Then, click Forums. That is what needs to happen for each log in. If you have other pages or unread content book marked, it won't work as the system logs you out after a period of time.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, Michael said:

There really should be no log in issues if you follow the required log in procedure. That is, go to www.gayguides.com main page. Click Log in. Then, click Forums. That is what needs to happen for each log in. If you have other pages or unread content book marked, it won't work as the system logs you out after a period of time.

If we have a row of shoe shops on a street, all on the ground level, except one shop which is upstairs, the one which is upstairs will have more of a struggle to retain it's customers.    There is no reason at all why customers should not follow the correct entry procedure and walk up the stairs.      However,  the customers are damn lazy and see all the other shoe shops on the ground floor.  

11 hours ago, z909 said:

If we have a row of shoe shops on a street, all on the ground level, except one shop which is upstairs, the one which is upstairs will have more of a struggle to retain it's customers.    There is no reason at all why customers should not follow the correct entry procedure and walk up the stairs.      However,  the customers are damn lazy and see all the other shoe shops on the ground floor.  

I really have explained it on here many times, but I'll keep explaining if that helps. The forum is a subset of the main site. The main site is the control. You can't get to the forum properly without going to the main site first. Well, you can, but it causes issues. That is not of our doing.  We pay a quarterly fee to Invision for this forum. They keep it updated with code to be compliant. The main site has programmers that does the code and maintains it. I have always tried to keep the two working together closely but with every upgrade, there is issues. We upgrade every time there is an update to major browsers, or code. We do the very best we can but since the shoes on the first flow only sell sneakers and the shoes on the 2nd Floor sell all kinds of shoes, I hope customer don't mind taking an escalator to the 2nd Floor. :)