spoon

Anyone in pattaya right now?

I am using Hornet and Grindr.     

Hornet has pain in the ass ads every 2 minutes.   I know they have to make money, but some ad that is not targeted at me every 2 minutes is just too damn frequent and pointless.

Grindr has fewer ads, but many of the lads showing are not on line.   Must be a different way of defining on line.      

I would prefer to use Planet Romeo, but it is necessary to go where the boys are.  We have probably made a mistake in allowing the other apps to take over.

For a fast response, show a clear picture of yourself.   Also, afternoon, evening or late night is best.    If the boy is on stage in a gogo, the response may be slow.  So I might make contact in the afternoon or early evening.   Also, if the first boy is not responding quickly, start conversations with other boys.

I think getting straight to the point is best.   So I quickly ask "What are you looking for ?"  

Finally, whilst I rule out 90% of the boys and still have a nice choice of them, I am not getting a fast response always.   Right now, the only one who is responding just said "tonight I go drinking".   Maybe a few more have the same plan.  

I shall just go & eat, then see who else is on Line.

You can just put a pic in your profile here and either delete the pic or logout & use a different profile before going home. 

Considering the weird behaviour of some back home, I prefer to use a different profile in Thailand.  

The subscription rate for Hornet and Planet Romeo whilst your GPS location shows  you are in Thailand costs a fraction of what it costs in farangland

E.g. I paid €26 for a year of hornet and $15 for a year of Planet Romeo during my stay last July. Have been to Thailand 3 times since and the subs are still going well and worth investing in

In hornet it blocks the advertisments and gives much better filters to show you who is actually online at that very moment

On PR it has the hide visit option. Especially useful if you are trying to hide from a stalker type guy (or like to stalk and view a profile multiple times!)

It's a pity that it's impossible to block anyone on PR without them clearly seeing that you have blocked them!

Blued is quickly becoming the 2nd most active app in Pattaya these days.... Whilst hornet is still the busiest

But all things above considered, I still met more guys from Grindr on last months visit!

1 hour ago, z909 said:

Once you take a Hornet sub out here, do they carry on letting you use it back in Europe at the same rate ?     I guess they have no choice.

Yes it continues on for 12 months

Just be sure that you cancel the sub renewal before it's due (e.g. 360 days) as it may renew at the full rate if you are not in Thailand at the time

On 2/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, colmx said:

It's a pity that it's impossible to block anyone on PR without them clearly seeing that you have blocked them!

I like it! On gayromeo I know that someone has blocked me, which I find more honest than Line or hornet or facebook with "content not available" or other similar messages. Worst is hornet, where the chat is gone.