hank75

Suggestions for Michael

2 hours ago, bkkguy said:

and if your programmers are not competent enough to do the integration properly then blaming it on the complexity of database driven sites is a just cop-out as are some of the other comments on login session timeouts etc - you perhaps need some more knowledgeable between you and your programmers and host

@Gaybutton where did you get that Iron Fist from? And, some advice, do you ever just delete people because they are assholes? I mean if so, does it make you feel better?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

I do like how the IGNORE feature is so good that it leaves only a very faint and easily missed reference to material from Ignored members.   Almost as good as no reference.   Well done to the programmers. 

I didn't even realise someone was still posting until quoted above.   

I have this feeling ( Lord only knows I'm no expert ) that there are very few of these people and they might be clones as some post rarely and a few only seem to come out of the closet when one of them is refuted and then they appear in strong suppoft.

I personally want to thank Michael for saving the board, and solviong m,y log in issues over the New Year's holiday. I, for one, am very grateful

A suggestion/request... if it's possible to add. At the top of a thread on some forums there's a spot to click that takes you to where the thread was when you last saw it, i.e. the "First unread post" on Gaybutton's board.   Maybe I'm in a minority that use those, but they're handy.

Thanks to all involved for the time and effort involved in keeping this behemoth moving forward.

1 hour ago, baobao said:

A suggestion/request... if it's possible to add. At the top of a thread on some forums there's a spot to click that takes you to where the thread was when you last saw it, i.e. the "First unread post" on Gaybutton's board.   Maybe I'm in a minority that use those, but they're handy.

Thanks to all involved for the time and effort involved in keeping this behemoth moving forward.

in the list of topics on the main page you will see beside on the left either dot ( if you did not contribute to the thread ) or star 9 if you contributed to the thread previously.

Click on that and you will be take to first unread post in given thread

20 hours ago, spoon said:

His rank is intolerant crap shooter lol nice one. Gave me a chuckle.

yes I am not very tolerant of people who talk crap - particularly if they have an Iron Fist or just wish they had one to deal with people they think are "assholes" (not a nice term and one I am sure is not condoned by the posting guidelines but I am quoting Michael here) just because they don't agree with them

14 minutes ago, bkkguy said:

yes I am not very tolerant of people who talk crap - particularly if they have an Iron Fist or just wish they had one to deal with people they think are "assholes" (not a nice term and one I am sure is not condoned by the posting guidelines but I am quoting Michael here) just because they don't agree with them

Are you tolerant of anyone? 

Actually, I wrote the posting guidelines and they are pretty much that of a local pub or bar. 

My favorite part is:

These forums are NOT presented for abusive arguing and name calling, score-settling, thread stalking, or general cyberspace blood sport for the chronically bored. As in any Pub or Tavern, an egregiously abusive or chronically problematic customer (member) shall be banned from further post participation. In all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes egregiously abusive conduct or when a member has crossed the line of "chronically problematic".

In this part, I wondered if you were chronically bored? I also like the last part in which I bolded.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, bkkguy said:

and if your programmers are not competent enough to do the integration properly then blaming it on the complexity of database driven sites is a just cop-out as are some of the other comments on login session timeouts etc - you perhaps need some more knowledgeable between you and your programmers and host

Speaking of people who talk crap? Read above. If you get bored, read it again.

These forums are NOT presented for abusive arguing and name calling, score-settling, thread stalking, or general cyberspace blood sport for the chronically bored. As in any Pub or Tavern, an egregiously abusive or chronically problematic customer (member) shall be banned from further post participation. In all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes egregiously abusive conduct or when a member has crossed the line of "chronically problematic".

Thank God! Because this is, quite literally, a discription of what the forum" Sawatdee" has become. A tiny biligerent group that battles over stupidities every day.

23 hours ago, vinapu said:

in the list of topics on the main page you will see beside on the left either dot ( if you did not contribute to the thread ) or star 9 if you contributed to the thread previously.

Click on that and you will be take to first unread post in given thread

Thank you, vinapu! I learned something new about the forum today... and no day I learn new things is a wasted day. Across the spectrum of my interests I only participate in perhaps six to eight other forums altogether; I'll check it on them, too.

13 hours ago, paborn said:

These forums are NOT presented for abusive arguing and name calling, score-settling, thread stalking, or general cyberspace blood sport for the chronically bored. As in any Pub or Tavern, an egregiously abusive or chronically problematic customer (member) shall be banned from further post participation. In all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes egregiously abusive conduct or when a member has crossed the line of "chronically problematic".

Thank God! Because this is, quite literally, a discription of what the forum" Sawatdee" has become. A tiny biligerent group that battles over stupidities every day.

if they like it , let them have it

On 1/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, bkkguy said:

23 hours ago, Michael said:

Speaking of people who talk crap? Read above. If you get bored, read it again.

yes obviously a just should have been just a and I suppose the should have been your to be more clear and  some should have been someone - I don't think that makes the post crap, particularly compared to the usual standards of grammar and spelling here!

and when you get bored perhaps go back and re-read your posts on complex web sites, spam emails and login session issues and the feedback you have been receiving from your programmers and web host and if you have some friends or acquaintances with some real experience  in this area get them to advise if my comments on competence and your need for knowledge are reasonable or do constitute egregiously abusive conduct

3 minutes ago, bkkguy said:

yes obviously a just should have been just a and I suppose the should have been your to be more clear and  some should have been someone - I don't think that makes the post crap, particularly compared to the usual standards of grammar and spelling here!

and when you get bored perhaps go back and re-read your posts on complex web sites, spam emails and login session issues and the feedback you have been receiving from your programmers and web host and if you have some friends or acquaintances with some real experience  in this area get them to advise if my comments on competence and your need for knowledge are reasonable or do constitute egregiously abusive conduct

LOL  Funny.  Goodbye!

On 1/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, Scooby said:

Good Riddance to him. His nickname should have been Bullshit Crap Thrower.  He will not be missed!

Not missed at all! So now he's stuck with the Sawatdee crowd. Somehow I think the rattlesnakes deserve him. I really do wonder why Moses bothers with the Board.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:42 PM, Michael said:

Sorry it is annoying.  I suggest just bookmarking the homepage: gayguides.com and logging into the site and then click the forum button. Will it help to make the forum button more prevalent on the homepage?

I may be late in commenting... But yes the Button for Forums needs to be more visible. 

If I have made the Window smaller in width it Disappears. I have found it gets moved to the Left of the Page but overlaps with other Text so not easy to see.

Can I also ask why a RETURN skips down an extra Line. This makes Posts much longer and more difficult to read.

Thanks!!

GWMinUSA

On 2/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, GWMinUS said:

I may be late in commenting... But yes the Button for Forums needs to be more visible. 

If I have made the Window smaller in width it Disappears. I have found it gets moved to the Left of the Page but overlaps with other Text so not easy to see.

Can I also ask why a RETURN skips down an extra Line. This makes Posts much longer and more difficult to read.

Thanks!!

GWMinUSA

We made some changes in the Homepage that puts access to the forums on the left side as well to make this easier. I hope this helps.

We also redesigned the homepage a bit this weekend.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:35 AM, anddy said:

just made in interesting observation regarding my own post above, which presumably and hopefully solves the login issue for all:

When you are still logged OUT and go to the end of any thread you will find a "Please sign in to comment" notice instead of the familiar reply box. If you click "Sign in Now" from there, an in-screen sign-in window pops up which DOES have the "Remember me" tick box that I mentioned in my post above. So will see how that works....

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

Anddy, did you find that this trick above helped in anyway with the onerous sign-in constraints?

I notice that the number of posts on this forum is way down, personally I have wanted to comment on many topics, but couldn't be bothered with the rigmarole of having to login every time I revisit the site and jump back and forth between multiple pages, pressing F5 etc until the site finally realizes I have already logged in ... at a minimum does it even remember your username

Hopefully this workaround will work until Michael decides to change his mind on the inconvenient sign-in constraints