TotallyOz

53 Members with Login Issues

There should be 53 members that have a log in issues. The cause for this is there is an email on the main site and the forums which are different. We are resolving this issue.  However, if you are having issues, email me at gaythailand@gmail.com and I'll help a bit faster.  I know this sounds like an easy problem, but it is a bit time consuming to get the issue resolved. Thank you for your patience.

While you are at it, please consider adding a "remember me" button or some such thing so some people don't have to log in every time one visits the site.  Almost all websites have that feature and I have to believe it's fairly standard to add it with whatever software this site is using.  

1 hour ago, Bob said:

While you are at it, please consider adding a "remember me" button or some such thing so some people don't have to log in every time one visits the site.  Almost all websites have that feature and I have to believe it's fairly standard to add it with whatever software this site is using.  

If you sign in from comment-on-a-post there is a "remember me" option.  There may be other ways also, but that has worked without fail for me.

1908820853_ScreenShot2020-05-14at11_11_40AM.thumb.png.e8b725f0b974a6da703b02db74c785f6.png

320948357_ScreenShot2020-05-14at11_11_50AM.thumb.png.f57540461795d70c115e40b40b777798.png

DM....yep, was aware of that trick (thanks for the reminder) and am posting this comment to get it done.  I had cleaned history and cookies some time ago, hadn't made a new post, so lost the ability to be signed in upon visiting the site.  Still, no reason not to have the same feature when coming to this site and I don't understand the reluctance of the boss to use it as no doubt the software supports it.  Oh well, no big deal, only occasionally a minor annoyance.

6 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Some how I was able to logon by doing something that someone suggested!  But not quite sure how. So I will try again to do the same thing, which   I forget! 

Go to any post, in the bottom you will see what Divine Madman  shows above, sign there, tick ' remember me " and you are in.

Unfortunately the "remember me" does not work for me. It seems I can only log in when, oddly enough, on this particular topic at which time I logon to the gayguides main site and not the forum site.  So I then go to the menu and click on "forums".  At least it works!

Finally my login issue has been resolved (almost). As mentioned . I was able to login using the method prescribed above.  Then, a week or two ago, I was not able to login at all! And now, I can login simply by using the standard log in feature.  But there is no "remember me" button.  

So thanks to whoever has resolved the issue.

I also had a login problem a couple of weeks ago, both here and at Boy Toy.    After about 10 days without being able to login, I managed to make contact with Michael and he fixed it.     I did try various browsers, password resets and even a different OS.

The current login here works OK on Windows, with a few steps that are OK on a fast connection.    On Android, the login doesn't fit the screen properly, with the relevant part off the screen and having to go through a few screens is OK at home, but anyone on a slow internet connection in somewhere like Myanmar might struggle.   Thankfully I only use Android for board access whilst on holiday (since no one makes a fast 1 kg 10" laptop).  

For comparison, I am unable to log on to Thailand-247.com, which seems to be using the same type of board software.  I hardly ever log on there, but it's useful when I need to cast the net a bit wider to find answers to more specialized Thai questions.

After having a successful login as reported above, I was stymied once again by the latest improvements!

Meaning I could not log in and was unable to reset my password since I have no idea just what email I originally used when setting up my login name and password.

So, I reinvented myself as kokopelli 2.  And now am awaiting an approval by the moderator .

And, when I did use the new kokopelli 2, I had to confirm an email  which was sent to me by Gayguides. That email ended up in my "virus blocker" box with a dire warning not to open. But I did open and followed the instructions and here I am. Or at least I think I am.

4 hours ago, kokopelli 2 said:

After having a successful login as reported above, I was stymied once again by the latest improvements!

Meaning I could not log in and was unable to reset my password since I have no idea just what email I originally used when setting up my login name and password.

So, I reinvented myself as kokopelli 2.  And now am awaiting an approval by the moderator .

And, when I did use the new kokopelli 2, I had to confirm an email  which was sent to me by Gayguides. That email ended up in my "virus blocker" box with a dire warning not to open. But I did open and followed the instructions and here I am. Or at least I think I am.

Sent you an email.