Pattaya -A Short Report

Pattaya Bars, Apps & Other Notes
Please remember I like cute slim smooth bottom lads lads ideally with no tattoos, although the latter point has to be overlooked if not over done.

Gogos
Power Boys
i visited 3 times.   The first time had 2 lads I definitely would off, plus a couple more who might just make the cut if there was no alternative.   Plus about 3-4 I would never off.    However, I had already seen a lad that evening, so no offs.
Second time, just one of the very cute lads.   I offed him long time.  Good in bed, but he snored like hell.  Was 30 years old, but very small and slim.
Third time, no one suitable.    One had horrendous tattoos and looked like he had escaped from the zoo next door.   Anyway, with these small bars, the offer can vary substantially from one visit to another.

Nice Boys
This place is popular.   However, it is not at all to my taste, with unfit lads covered in tattoos playing with themselves.   If you like that sort of thing fine.  I have made a mental note not to bother next time, but different people have different tastes.

Winner
A popular bar, possibly helped by low drink prices.   79 baht for a draft beer. The beer itself tastes rather watery, but that's fine with me as I don't go to gogo bars to consume significant quantities of alcohol.   Last year, I had 4 offs from here.   This year zero from 2 visits.   The best boys were sat with customers when I entered & the ones on stage were not in perfect shape.  Maybe I need to get here early, especially duringhigh season.

Eros
I got accosted by May, who I have offed several times over the years and offed again this time.  Quite satisfactory.

Kawaii Boys
4 Boys, 2 very good candidates for an off.   Offed #24.   Bar bill 700 (similar to Sunee level).  Nice lad, short time, good.
A bar with just 4 boys can be a very good bar if there are 2 clear candidates and the one offed is a success.

Cupidol
Many customers.   Got a poor seat facing the end of the stage.   Best candidates were with customers, no off.

Toy Boys
This place was packed & customers were waiting for seats at one point.   Many lads, some quite nice.

Particular credit must go to Eros, Winner and Kawaii boys for operating without mamasans, at least when I visited.

Host Bar
I visited the bar next to Euro Boys, which I think is called Diamond bar & it had several interesting lads   Anyway, I hooked up wih a lad called Sai, who said he did everything, including all the servces i require off a bottom   Unfortunatly, he was a complete nighmare in bed, interested only in playing with himself and not taking care of the client.  If that's what you want, he's your lad.   I'm kicking myself for this one, as the first warning sign was him trying to push me to buy a 4th round of drinks in the bar (I was on water, so please don't think alcohol is clouding judgement -I cocked it up without that !).   The second warning sign was when he unilaterally decided we were moving from our nice comfy sofa to the bar stools inside the bar.   If a boy starts taking control like that, my normal approach is to leave him.   This time, my decision making processes failed.     If in doubt, walk.  Experience shows a boy starting to take control is a bad sign. 

Phone Apps
Despite using Planet Romeo, Hornet & Grindr, all of my dates were via Grindr in Pattaya.
Mostly were very successful.   The lads looked like the profile pics, turned up approximately on time and did what they said they would.    Although in one case I made the error of not checking pics closely enough and ended up with a lad who was not in the best shape.    I seem to make the same error once every year and must try not to repeat !   However, as I said, most were very successful.

All of my lads were from Thailand or Laos.

Massage
I took a massage on New Years eve at about 7:00pm at the massage place right next to Mosaik.   Selected primarily because the staff had not started drinking (this ruled out some other places around the block).   My one hour massage was OK, except it lasted less than 40 minutes.   I have vague memories of something similar happenning on a recent trip, so have made a note to skip this place in future.

I also caught the flu, which resulted in more rest and less fun than planned.   Next year, I shall probably go and get a flu jab the day after arriving in Bangkok.

Accommodation: Mosaik.     Spacious, well located, comfortable beds and very fast wifi.   I measured over 35 MB/s which is outstanding for a Thai hotel.   Some road noise from poorly silenced motorcycles.

Incidentally, I noticed The Flamingo is still open across the road, but they don't seem to market it on any booking site and their own website has long since closed.  Occupancy rate appeared low for high season, looking across from my Mosaik balcony.   

Coffee:  Gafae-excellent as always.    Starbucks Tuk Com -nice upstairs lounge.   Benjamit -good coffee.     Unfortunately, Gafae have a signup saying the cooked breakfast menu will be discontinued from 31 January.    I have been very partial to the scrambled eggs on toast and hope this is not the beginning of the end for a nice little coffee shop.

49 minutes ago, z909 said:

If a boy starts taking control like that, my normal approach is to leave him.   This time, my decision making processes failed.     If in doubt, walk.  Experience shows a boy starting to take control is a bad sign. 

Very true. If a guy takes liberties in the bar, he's destined to disappoint in the room.

"If in doubt, walk" is good advice for veterans and newcomers alike.

Thanks to z909 for posting this excellent recent visit update. Even though you describe as short it has plenty of good info and to the point, all the forums seem to be lacking this kind of review nowadays compared to the amount of trip reports there used to be a few years back certainly over at SGT.

Your honest, disappointments along with the successes reporting are the posts I appreciate most. I too like Mosaik as a base when i'm in South Pattaya and your types of boy and bars are also similar to my own, our only difference is that your report is from the aspect of looking to off boys regularly, which I rarely (but sometimes) do as happy with bf status in Thailand, but I do bar-hop a lot and enjoy the company of 2-3 of Sunee regulars, in and out of their respective bars at times.

Just to advise, the bar right next to Euro Boys is Eden Bar run by a nice, polite, cute lad called Kone, and is a one-shop unit, Diamond Bar is the next one down and double the size with a pool table at the back. All 3 bars have freelancers who do occasionally visit the bars they are not 'based' at. 

The only shock/surprise from your post and completely different to my own experience, is that of your disappointment with Sai. If its the same lad I'm thinking of, he's a slight built, smaller, cute lad from Eden Bar but older than he looks, closer to 30 than he is to 20 I think. I would have expected him to be an ideal off for you given your likes. While I've only sat with him a couple times, if it is the same lad, I've seen him working quite a few times and always found him to be very eager and service-orientated about taking care of you when in his company, as far as I understand he's definitely bottom and is usually quite forward (when sitting with you quietly) about what he likes as a bottom.

I've never offed him so of course cant confirm that's how it plays out back in room. But he's definitely never been pushy with me or have seen him like that with other customers, in fact always comes across as very keen to satisfy, so keen he even offered to pay his own off fee if I took him last trip. (I'm sure he knows I have a bf so maybe he made that offer never expecting me to take it up). Maybe he was a little boozy that evening? and not himself when you offed him and maybe you were just a bit unlucky on the night as his behaviour seems completely different to what I would have expected to hear (which is also based on what Kone the manager and a couple of other boys in the next door bars have told me about him).  Just out of interest, when he tried to push you into buying another round and getting you to move, why did you not just put a marker down and tell him you were happy seated where you were, that might have got him to wake up his ideas a bit regarding his responsibilities to his customer. 

That aside, (and pity about the flu), but it seems you had a very enjoyable and successful trip to Pattaya and we enjoyed hearing about it. Did you not venture to Jomtien Complex during your trip? 

4 hours ago, z909 said:

Power Boys

Third time, no one suitable.    One had horrendous tattoos and looked like he had escaped from the zoo next door. 

what do you mean? Nice Boys is next door , not ZOO ? LOL

I fully agree with you and reader, looking back to my poor encounters with guys, that if he starts taking charge in the bar, in the room it will be only worse .

As for flu  shot , taking it right after arriving in BKK may be too late as it takes 2-3 weeks for immunity to develop

21 hours ago, newalaan said:

Just out of interest, when he tried to push you into buying another round and getting you to move, why did you not just put a marker down and tell him you were happy seated where you were, that might have got him to wake up his ideas a bit regarding his responsibilities to his customer. 

That aside, (and pity about the flu), but it seems you had a very enjoyable and successful trip to Pattaya and we enjoyed hearing about it. Did you not venture to Jomtien Complex during your trip? 

I am demonstrating an error of judgement here.  I know what to do and I would usually do it, but sometimes the brain makes the wrong call.   No doubt there is a term for this ( not cognitive dissonance, but something along those lines).   Having enjoyed the company of a boy who had been very pleasant in the bar up to this point, I let my guard slip at the end.

A checklist would fix this, but it's not very romantic.

I didn't get to the Jomtien bars.  I was planning to do so, but lost a few days when not feeling well enough.   Also, I tend to get better results from gogo bars and phone apps than host bars.