hank75

Recommendations for areas around Pattaya

I am much in need of a relaxing break and one of my regular boys will join me for 4 days outside of Bangkok. We both agreed a beach would be nice. Here is where we started to diverge- I started looking up deals for luxury hotels in Phuket or Koh Samui, while he is steering me in the direction of a road trip across Chonburi province because he can drive and knows the way. I have told him firmly I do not want to stay in Pattaya for 4 days, want a good hotel (minimum 4 stars) with some decent surrounding F&B options and nightlife, and not have to change accommodation every night (his suggestion was not to book anything and just stay where we land!). He has assured me there are other places in the surrounding areas to go. 

My question is...where?? 

For those of you familiar or resident in Pattaya, is there anywhere close enough that I can still enjoy a plush relaxing resort that fits the above criteria, and perhaps have the option too of dropping into Pattaya for a day? Otherwise anywhere in Chonburi that could be very nice that I can steer him towards? I have put aside a decent holiday budget for this and while willing to compromise to keep him comfortable, do not want to find myself thoroughly stressed on a barboy planned road trip! 

My other options to meet him halfway were Ko Samet or Hua Hin. 

Or, can anyone rate or suggest resort type hotels in Pattaya? Now I am looking at the reviews for Intercontinental, Dusit Thai or Royal Cliff. Except feels somewhat silly to pay Phuket prices in Pattaya! Especially since my plan was to bring my own boy and relax, instead of bar hopping and offing which usually I would enjoy very much.

Avani which was the Marriott ( great location and pool etc ) ( no problems with visitors as Marriott) Hilton in the Central Festival Mall which may or may not be friend OK. Way up in High Rise with great pool.

In Jomtien beach Zing and Agate are not luxurious hotels but have luxurious rooms besides their standard room in very reasonable price , they have pool , gay freindly and located at the gay complex in Jomtien. 

Traveling in soroundings near Pattaya is very limited but you can take a short sailing to the beutiful island Kho Larn and plenty activities you can choose from in Pattaya.

Pattaya can be a nice place to enjoy your 4 days vacation.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:23 PM, Boy69 said:

... take a short sailing to the beutiful island Kho Larn...

Full of tourists (Chinese tour groups!!!) and a waste management problem?

In Chonburi province there is Koh Si Chang (not to be confused with Koh Chang) and Bang Saen which I find interesting places.

Hank75,

For reviews of restaurants, interesting places to visit around Pattaya, bars, boys, etc, search for arsenal's posts in the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum of Sawatdee Network.  As Pattaya's self-appointed Secretary of State, he reviews both familiar and unfamiliar venues and places and he's been faithfully doing them over the last couple of years, often with pics.  I personally find them interesting reading (although I don't really care for Pattaya).