paborn

January trip report

15 hours ago, paborn said:

So, I gave up on Grab in Pattaya. Still, I never climbed a Bhat bus. Why? With all the reading I have done and the questions I asked I arrived with the idea that a taxi in Pattaya was a rare sighting. Not so.

To be clear, I spent some 25 years traveling only to Bangkok and on retirement 8 years ago switched to Pattaya.  However, I had a very narrow view of Pattaya as I would arrive at the Ambiance and never leave Boys Town. Staying in Jomtien raised an issue of getting back and forth.

Actually, I never waited more than 2 minutes for a taxi to come by. Average fair about B200. Yes, I know it's a lot more than a B10 trip. I understand that but as in all things I don't live there I have limited time and this worked well. 

Boystown.
I felt very sad. January 13, my first night in Pattaya and BoysTown was remarkably slow.  I arrived at Toy Boys at my usual 8:30 - yes early. I always am and the bars always sat me down and I had a drink while the guys assembled. Very accommodating; they still are but the place was empty. "come back 10 PM, best time, no boys" I went over to Cupidol and they had a few.

As promised more came by 9:30-10 PM and the selections were nice and I enjoyed myself. But, damn the soi is empty and sad looking. I will be monitoring this space for updates as this was not what I expected.

Jomtien.
The main soi of Jomtien Complex running down from Poseidon was busy. Lots of people. Gays in bars augmented by non-Gay sightseeing folks from the Agate.

Sadly, Jomtien - despite the huge attraction of the Poseidon - is not my place.  The bars are the opposite of Go-Go bars. In a Go-Go the guys are on stage facing the audience and the orientation is totally to appeal to those customers.  Sure, we can argue about music, lighting, quality of shows, types of underwear, etc. The guys are facing me, oriented to my sight lines and, clearly, there for me.

I was told that these Jopmtien bars are like the old Host Bars of Bangkok. No, not so. I spent years in Charmming, Adam, and Alladin. For some years I stayed in Saphan Kwai just to be near them.

Host bars had a group of guys, fully dressed, sitting on one side oriented toward you, looking at you, smiling at you, etc. No shows, no underwear but the same face to face, "take me home" idea.

Jomtien is a soi with open to the air bars facing each other. The chairs all face the soi and you sit with your back to the bar area. However, and this is huge for me: the guys are all in the soi between the chairs of facing bars trying to persuade people to come in.

If you want someone it is up to you to get his attention and get him over. Frankly, I do not like this system in any way.  Many people are there for a drink with friends, etc. I'm not. I'm shopping. I need the merchandise to be better displayed.

Now for my controversial statement.  Feel free to jump in but this is my 12-day sampling result: the guys in Boystown are far, far better looking than the guys in Jomtien. Perhaps there is a reason you work with your clothes on? But, how does that explain the faces?  The pimples, the shaggy looks.
OK, now yell at me. Frankly, never again. I will miss the Poseidon. Of course, it's not too far for dinner.

Massage places.
I have little to report other than a harsh opinion.  The guys working at the Ambiance still look cute and last trip I worked my way through each and every one - some twice. 

Here's the harsh part. I saw not one single massage guy in Jomtien, and there were many, who I would have enjoyed. I found none of them attractive. I did not check out the places near Tukom so I can't say.

Honestly, I hate to say this and don't understand it. Toy Boys, Cupidol, Dream boys, Ambiance massage all have handsome, often toned, guys working there. I saw very few guys in Jomtien who could get a job in the go-go bars.

Just one man's humble opinion.

My final note is the Tailor shop: Siam Next Fashion. Leave Poseidon, walk to the road and turn rightt. The place is maybe 40 feet down. I had a sports jacket made of linen and silk, fully lined, working cuff buttons, etc. as well as trousers with silk to the knee lining and two silk shirts for $227 dollars. Beautifully done.

I thought that your comments re the Jomtien bars were quite fair.

I find that these bars don't work well for me. For the same reasons that you mention.

I have discussed with others, who shared my opinion that, many boys in Jomtien complex are pleasant looking, but there are few stunners.

19 hours ago, paborn said:

Toy Boys, Cupidol, Dream boys, Ambiance massage all have handsome, often toned, guys working there. I saw very few guys in Jomtien who could get a job in the go-go bars.

Ever been to Brasil....??

I love Thailand for food, massage and the occasional good sex......but can't wrap my head around what $$ some guys in Thailand ask for, the cost of living is soo much more in Brasil, yet the rate there is 850-1300 Baht.....and prostitution is legal (currently, let's see how their new president is).  Also, I don't ever remember Brazilian guys playing mind games like the guys in Thailand. 

On the other side of the coin, I know people that ONLY go to Latin countries because they don't like Asians, smh

20 hours ago, paborn said:

[Jomtien.
Jomtien is a soi with open to the air bars facing each other. The chairs all face the soi and you sit with your back to the bar area. However, and this is huge for me: the guys are all in the soi between the chairs of facing bars trying to persuade people to come in.

If you want someone it is up to you to get his attention and get him over. Frankly, I do not like this system in any way.  Many people are there for a drink with friends, etc. I'm not. I'm shopping. I need the merchandise to be better displayed.]

Agree with you paborn about Jomtien,  however there are a couple of bars where the boys will engage with you.  Two I am aware of are off the main soi and "around the corner".  One is Two Donna Bar and the other is Boy Gaga. Worth trying someday.

14 hours ago, fedssocr said:

Have you been to Colombia. Of all the places in S America that is the one I'd most like to visit. The apps and websites are full of hung, hot Colombians. They all seem to be really horny all the time.

No, not yet. But, your right a Date with one of the Chaturbate models would be worth the trip. Just beautiful guys - they share that with Brazilian guys - just hot. No, beautiful.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:01 PM, paborn said:

If you want someone it is up to you to get his attention and get him over. Frankly, I do not like this system in any way.  Many people are there for a drink with friends, etc. I'm not. I'm shopping. I need the merchandise to be better displayed.

I agree entirely.  

As far as I can see, the best way to pick a boy in Jomtien is to walk up and down the street and then walk directly to the chosen boy & say hello.   Although on my most recent trip, not one off was from Jomtien.

The gogo format is superior for picking boys.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:31 PM, paborn said:

Eric, if that's what truly happened it would have easier and far cheaper to fire them, throw them in jail for a stint and hire new people holding the examp0le over them. 

Agree that would be a reasonable way to solve this, but I don't think people will get fired or arrested in Thailand over a little tea money in our life time...too many people are part of that collection pyramid...