Schuft

Rabbit Hotel Pattaya

Has anyone stayed here or have any info on this Hotel? I'm going to Bangkok first two weeks of March to visit my Boyfriend.  He lives in Chaing Rai and he loves the beach so I am taking him to Pattaya  (I have never been) for the weekend.  The pictures look good, the reviews are mostly good so I took a chance and booked the weekend.

I have stayed a few times, the last about 4 years ago, Excellent resort with its own private part of the beach. We prefer the upper rooms as the ground level ones are a bit dark. The restaurant is also good at reasonable prices. They ran an on call shuttle service from the police box. Not sure if that has changed with all the changes on that road. The owner's wide, Deb ("Mrs. Rabbit"), who appears on the website video really looks after her guests, Very gay friendly.

Stayed there a few years ago, great location, liked the rooms and service. Recently, they added a lot of props for selfies on the property, which I thought were a little cheesy.

Also beachfront on the same stretch are the bigger Avalon and new Welcome World less personal, more amenities...

I actually quite like the Avalon. Great location on the beach, grand public areas, nice pool, with large but dated rooms. I expect it was great in its heyday, but now it's managed as a 3 star property at best so don't expect much in the way of service. Breakfast was just OK.

I've stayed at the Rabbit a couple of times. It's quirky and friendly with great service. One room had two queen beds, but only one of beds had bedside tables and lights; and the shower was in an annexe with a plastic roof which made a terrible racket when it rained. Breakfast was fine if you're not expecting an international standard buffet.  It was quite a long walk back to resort late at night along the beach access road, it was pretty dark and quiet and I didn't feel 100% safe when alone.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, Schuft said:

He lives in Chaing Rai and he loves the beach so I am taking him to Pattaya  (I have never been) for the weekend.

Your boyfriend loves beach or the beach in Pattaya/Jomtien? I'm not a beach person, but even I can say that the beach in Pattaya/Jomtien is not the finest Thailand has to offer. And if I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't go to Pattaya with him (because, apart from the gogo bars and a few tourist attractions, I don't like Pattaya).