DivineMadman

AEC Massage Sathorn - Gay Bangkok

With all the gloom and doom news about impending bar closings, it's heartening to read about additions to the massage scene.

Capitalism defies the headlines of the moment and that can only bode well for Thailand.

I sort of like walls that fall short of the ceiling. I find the sounds from adjacent rooms satisfy the aural voyeur in me.

24 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

You are a generous tipper, DivineMadman! I have added their Line account and looked at the photos of their massage boys. Quite good looking faces!

As far as tipping is concerned.  For 90 minutes I usually tip 1,500 or 2,000 if there's been penetrative sex, a meaning blow job or the combo of massage/HJ is star quality.   At one hour the starting point would be 1,000.  There are certainly cheaper shops,  but the places I go even in some of the farther out neighborhoods 1,000/hour "Hard" massage tip is common.  Beyond that I am incapable of slicing and dicing like some people.  "This was an 800 baht experience" "This was an 1,100 baht blow job."  I just can't do that.  So I have a budget and a simple this-is-what-I-pay rule and then I can turn off my brain and enjoy the experience.  

4 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Beyond that I am incapable of slicing and dicing like some people.  "This was an 800 baht experience" "This was an 1,100 baht blow job."  I just can't do that.  So I have a budget and a simple this-is-what-I-pay rule and then I can turn off my brain and enjoy the experience.  

# me too

I'm using exactly the same scale you do ,  1000 / hr , 1500/ 1.50 hr unless minimum tip is indicated  higher ( Senso has 1200 / hr if I recall ).

If guy made me smiling I may add few more red notes, why not ? Definitely good idea if I'm planning to use his abuse in the future- then that smile I'm looking for will be rather guaranteed

21 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I shall be in Bangkok in mid-March. 5 days. Now planning massage itinerary. (In no particular order)

1) Baan Tewa

2) AEC

3) Ganymeade

Have to decide on the remaining two..

why only two? you can  have 2-3 massages a day specially on such a short trip. Utilize  your time wisely, damn the money

back to topic AEC Massage: just looked at their website and noticed a few things:

1. they claim to be "award winning" - how can that be the case if the shop is new lol? Maybe they just copied some dood-sounding text from somewhere haha

2. In that same statement, they claim to have guys from 10 ASEAN countries. Now that could be interesting and attractive.... *IF* true.

” Award winning AEC Mens Club – for the best man for man massage and body treatments in Silom Bangkok. Clean comfortable premises, professional friendly handsome staff from 10 Countries  in Asean, innovative massage and body treatments …
We offer various forms of massage therapy using natural products. Please make an appointment to avoid disappointment. “

3. The "menu" page has the above statement and a list of some treatments as you'd expect. However, the very first one is absolutely hilarious, it is in German and makes no sense whatsoever, it can't even be a google translate issue. It says "Alfreds Futterkiste", which sounds more like the name of a pet food shop.

4. The "price" page states Minimum tip 299 baht. So get your small bills and coins ready haha. But joking aside, that's a rather odd minimum, isn't it? Kinda too high for a "normal" massage minimum (which is 100 at Prime) and too low for any extras, or is it? 

5. The "Staff" page unfortunately doesn't have any staff pictures (except one). But from jason1975's I gather they post them on Line, so added them and will wait for posts....

Small shop.  Guy is just starting out.  Probably paid someone he might not even know very well to help set up a web page.   Maybe cutting and pasting from some other places.  He's probably proud he has a nice looking webpage.   

Personally I prefer to cut the guys some slack.  

In my experience they don't update on Line all that frequently.  

Now I feel bad for the the guys for even mentioning them here.  Never crossed my mind that someone just try pick apart their webpage.  

2 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

Now I feel bad for the the guys for even mentioning them here.  Never crossed my mind that someone just try pick apart their webpage.  

Don't!!!! I didn't mean to "pcik apart" their website, I was getting interested based on your post (also coz the location is not far) and just couldn't help noticing these things. They are in no way meant in any negative way. Sometimes when I see such things I think I could help such people correct their mistakes (free of charge), would give me something useful to do haha. 

Again, don't feel bad, to the contrary, I'm considering to go and have a  try, which - as has been said umpteen times on this board - is THE best way to find out about a place :D

7 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

Now I feel bad for the the guys for even mentioning them here.  

why? certainly your thread post created a lot off buzz about the place most of us would never find rushing to Prince sweating and with foggy eyes

On 3/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, reader said:

Visited this shop a few days ago and found that it matched DM’s description in all respects.

There were three guy-next-door types sitting on a bench when I arrived about 5. All smiled and one stood to greet me and led me down sub-soi to shop. Chose one hour oil (450) and taken to room  on first floor with table. It was clean as was the shower down the hall  which had ample soap and hw. All facilities appear to be on first floor. Soft mood music in background.

My guy (mid-20’s from Isan) had a little English and asked usual questions. His technique was smooth with moderate pressure. He respected my request for nit noy oil. When I began to notice his growing interest in the proceedings, we reversed roles and I became the masseur. (Vinapu, I believe, is one of the few other members who fully appreciates this maneuver).

I offered 1200 and it was gladly accepted. When I left about 6, there were 2 new faces on the bench, either of whom would give me cause to return.

This is a neighborhood shop located in an accessible (to Silom) area were westerners are not uncommon. I spotted a handful of other massage shops on both sides of street (including a branch of Art Massage so we’ll represented on Surawong).

A tip of the cap to DM for taking the effort to bring this to our  arrention.

So it sounds like an appointment wasn't necessary?

Well, my counterpoint to the preceding strong reviews is less enthusiastic. On my recent visit, the masseur was nice enough, but lacked skill, and wasted little time angling for a “special “ service. It just felt like a typical hustle. No music playing, and the (admittedly handsome) guy at the front desk oozed indifference. So, once was enough  

I know it’s a crap shoot with most of these places, but if they want to deliver a consistent experience then they have work to do. 

Hope your visit is better!