Brasil  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to Brasil?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Want to go
    • No interest
    • Where is Brasil?
  2. 2. What is your impression of Brasil vs Thailand (if you've been, or perception if you haven't) ...Multiple choice

• More expensive
    • less expensive
    • too far
    • cocks are too big (lol)
    • too dangerous
    • Don't speak the language, would be difficult
    • Too lazy to get a Visa

Hi, FloridaRob told me about the site and a comment a poster left on here about me!  I am

more then willing to impart whatever knowledge i have but a lot of information can be found on Boytoy.com So.American forum.

I have been going to Brazil for 18 years, usually 4 times a year sometimes 5, usually for 10 -12 days.  I have always spent the majority of my time in Rio, and a few days each trip in Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre! The last 8 years or so I have stayed in Airbnb Apartments as I much prefer that  to hotels!

I avoid 2 months, July and February! Historically the coldest(July) and Hottest(February) also July is when school closed for the month in Brazil so everything is more crowded and February for the week before and after Carnival as everything is 3X the price and there are a 1,000,000 extra people in Rio!

Everyone mentions safety but if you stick to the tourist zones in Copa, Ipanema, etc. You will have no problems! I live in So. Cal. And there are just as bad areas here!

The saunas are great! And you will find the kind of guy or guys you like there! I usually have 3 or 4 stay at the apartment with me when I am there!

Flight time to Rio is about 11-1/2 hours and 12-1/2 to Sao Paulo

I had a quick look at the Latin America section on the Boy Toy forum.       https://www.boytoy.com/forums/?ct=1551901559

Similar layout to here.   I believe the board ownership is/was common, but haven't been keeping up with events and no doubt Michael can correct me if necessary.       I sometimes read their European section when looking for inspiration for a European trip.

Anyhow, despite only browsing about 3 or 4 threads, I find one member who said he was mugged between his Uber car and the restaurant.    I'm struggling to remember ever reading about a member here getting mugged in Thailand. 

Brazil is really tempting to visit. Rio in particular. Even before going to bangkok, I’ve always wanted to visit Brazil. The views are really captivating and of course the wide range of guys to choose from. 

My problem is that it’s too far for me. Unlike Bangkok which only takes me 3 hours, Brazil is about 18 hours away. I’m also a solo traveller so I take safety alot into consideration (of course everyone does) ... being in bkk for quite sometime now, i find it safest compared to hanoi, saigon, manila, sieam reap and phnom penh not to mention the gay reception.

I’m still hoping I can visit brazil this year and not chicken out. Lol

Ive been twice to Brazil. I got mugged in Rio but I was probably as much to blame as the mugger. It was on a Sunday morning and I was just walking around the very empty centre of the city. All the churches seemed packed to overflowing, fortunately for me. I had just passed one when I heard the sound of someone running towards me from behind. Before I could even turn around a hand was clasped over my face and I felt something pulling on my neck. That was where Id been stupid. All the guidebooks say when you go out take off anything that might be of value including watches and rings. For a couple of decades I had worn a gold chain around my neck. Never removed it even in a sauna because the clasp was tough and difficult to open and close. It was just became part of me. So when I put on a T shirt and shorts I did not even think about it. In any case it was covered completely by the T shirt.

The T shirt was thin. I did not realise that part of the chain would glisten under it in the bright sunshine. A guy had noticed it and was trying to rip it off me. As best I could I shouted for help. Some guys who were standing at the doors of the church heard me and came running over. As they got close the thief ran off. As he did so, the chain trickled down my back on to the ground! With only a few words of Portuguese I thanked the guys for their help. It then amazed me that a cop car arrived within only about 30 seconds. With only a sore neck, a ripped T shirt, a slightly damaged neck chain and a loss of dignity i walked off and soon got a cab back to my hotel.

The city itself is amazing and well worth a visit. Just leave ALL your valuables in your bnb or hotel safe.

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Just leave ALL your valuables in your bnb or hotel safe.

....or at home before you leave for a trip, 10$ watch shows exactly the same time real ROLEX shows and if one really needs something around his neck , own skin would do nicely, thank you very much

Well my mass market branded watch cost £7 and I have no ambitions of buying anything more expensive.   No gold either.

Where the complications would arise for me are:

(i) Camera.   How can you got to Brasil & not take photos ?

(ii) Phone.  Essential for navigation & dating. 

Guess I would just have to take a risk with one of my older cameras and an old phone ?

OR, as I have been doing, play safe and go to Thailand.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

you got it right, Columbus  forget his phone in Cadiz setting for India and see where he landed

Absolutely.  If Columbus had google maps, he would have known exactly what was in the way & who knows what decisions he might have made ?

Also, Columbus has probably never gone looking for a discrete sauna or massage shop hidden away in a side street. 

Admittedly, I managed navigating with old fashioned paper maps up until a few years ago & could probably return to that if it's too dangerous to carry a phone in Brasil. 

I'm going to chime in although it has been a few years since my last visit. If you do your homework and know what areas not to frequent , when to take a taxi rather than bus or underground  etc etc . It is unlikely you will have a problem. I made sure I left watches and jewelry  home .  But it is a completely different animal from Thailand.  Those who like GoGo Bars etc will be disappointed .  Certainly in Rio the major places for Sex are the Saunas .  Not sure I would use online meets unless the boy/man was known to me or a friend .

I do remember the advice not to use ATM's except in well lighted and more upscale areas which I followed carefully.  Of course for some visiting a country ,there are lots of other things to do other than pay for Sex.  Fabulous  beaches, sightseeing of all kinds and great restaurants.

Also if you like Big Dicks then Rio is for you. IT would be hard to find ( but not impossible) what is normal in Brazil anywhere in Thailand. A decent and safe area Hotel will definitely be more expensive than Thailand . There are many reasonable and great restaurants in Rio along with cheaper alternatives where the food is still wonderful.

I know Michael will disagree with me but if you are into twinks , don't bother . Of course there are some but they are in the minority . 

It is one of the most beautiful places on earth and for anyone who loves to travel, it should be on your bucket list.  I'll say it again if anyone has the itch then spend some time on boytoy.com where there are great members who love the country and are more than willing to help you in any way.