Guest guest_BenG1000

BKK newbie

Although a big supporter of staying in as nice a hotel as you can afford - a word of caution about staying in suite rooms (bedroom and separate living room). Just be very careful this does not expose you to theft - boy going through your belongings while you are busy or distracted in the other room, answering the door, etc. This has happened to a friend NOT in Thailand, I hasten to add.

Generally unless I am staying with a regular whom I know very well (or planning an orgy???? Just kidding) having all that extra space might be more hassle than it’s worth. 

Thai boys are 99.9999% honest and we have discussed safety in other threads (consensus: most members feel perfectly safe). But why expose them to temptation? 

Guest guest_BenG1000

Hey guys,

Do the boys discuss their experiences? How much you tip, where you stay, etc?

When you off a boy, can you still stay at the bar and enjoy the show? Or would he really like to get the hell out of there?

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, BenG1000 said:

Hey guys,

Do the boys discuss their experiences? How much you tip, where you stay, etc?

When you off a boy, can you still stay at the bar and enjoy the show? Or would he really like to get the hell out of there?

Thanks!

I think - for the most part - the guys barely discuss us, and if they do it's only in the extremes - extremely bad or gross, smells, trying to get out of paying or paying less, odd behavior.  Put another way, I think they discuss us the same way a baristas at a coffee shop discuss their customers.  Or they might comment on the hotel or something special like that, in the same way that they often post facebook pictures of themselves in particularly fancy bathrooms for their friends in the know to see.  If customer becomes a "regular" or starts doing things outside of work, then of course they will discuss it with their friends.  For us as customers the encounters often take on a bit more meaning and fantasy-fulfilling expectations.  For them it's just a job and it's always nice when it turns out particularly pleasant.   

Make clear before agreeing to off a guy that you want to stay and see the show (if that's what you want).  It certainly 100% accepted that you do that.  Once I used to spend time with someone from Dreamboys who was a university student, and he really appreciated the earlier evenings.  When I would off a guy and want to stay for the show, personally I always let the guy go get changed so he's more comfortable in his regular clothes.  The other solution of course would be to wait until after the show to say you're going to off him, although there's always the risk he goes off with a different customer.  Up to you.

2 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

Put another way, I think they discuss us the same way a baristas at a coffee shop discuss their customers.  

Exactly, I find this to be true. Among themselves they might swap information on tips or where the customer brought them (if invited to dinner/drinks). They discuss bedroom activities far less than you might imagine, they are actually quite circumspect or outright shy even among friends. No boy is going to give friends details of exactly how you liked to be sa-moked unless it turns out you are a butterfly and offing his friend, then it becomes practical advice, with an expectation of return of similar intelligence when they are offed by a customer their friends have already had. 

As a customer with a couple of regular boys (and hearing from friends, with their own regulars) when the boys feel comfortable opening up, what you will hear most often are stories of awe “My friend so-and-so had this customer from [country] who tipped him this much for 2 days” or “My friend no work bar now, stop for customer because paid [this much]”. And there isn’t an expectation for you to pay the same, they are simply sharing I industry stories.

On occasion I have heard a few disparaging remarks “I don’t like customers like this, outside beautiful inside bad heart” (about some late 40s well dressed women going around hanging money garlands) or customers who think they own the boys body and soul, just because they have some cash. I believe it was DivineMadman who said you do not hear Thai boys saying bad things about customers- well I definitely have, perhaps not about specific individuals but commentary on past customers who have rubbed them the wrong way. On one occasion a boy took a particular dislike to my friend and it took some gentle prying, until finally several months later my boy told me what the issue was, indicating they did already have this conversation between themselves (they were offed together)

2 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

I think - for the most part - the guys barely discuss us, and if they do it's only in the extremes - extremely bad or gross, smells, trying to get out of paying or paying less, odd behavior.  

8 minutes ago, hank75 said:

I believe it was DivineMadman who said you do not hear Thai boys saying bad things about customers

?

5 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

?

One of the other threads (or perhaps this one) I forget, someone said Thai boys never say bad things about their customers. Perhaps it was someone else. We’ve had a lot of posts on the board lately so I can’t recall exactly.

11 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

Adding a bit to Divine Madman's excellent answer about boys talking about their experiences/clients etc...some time ago, I had my frequent off Van staying with me at the Raya.  I went out on my own one night, at Screwboys I off'd a guy and we used the hotel overhead.  When we were finished and showering, the off said he knew me, since he was from Screwboys, I assumed he knew of me from one of his co-workers.  Two days later, I was at the Raya, when Van returned and told me he had brought me a gift.  Turns out it was my Screwboys off.  He knew of me from Van because they shared a room...

So yes, they do talk about us...but as DivineMadman puts it "regular" customers get talked about   

Yes (to any new member reading this) you are by no means obligated to only off the same boy. Two or even three offs in a row do not entitle a boy to claim exclusivity on you unless you choose to make it so. But definitely be prepared that no off is a secret, particularly when you move on to the next boy....Boy #1 WILL hear about it :lol:

8 minutes ago, hank75 said:

One of the other threads (or perhaps this one) I forget, someone said Thai boys never say bad things about their customers. Perhaps it was someone else. We’ve had a lot of posts on the board lately so I can’t recall exactly.

I don't think it was me, so maybe a slightly higher standard before calling someone out by name to correct them is in order.  And in the specific words in this thread I actually said they do talk about bad stuff. 

Guest guest_BenG1000

Hahaaa, what a fantastic read Hank, thanks for that link!

They massage your shoulders when you go for a piss :blink: lucky I'm warned or would have thought I'm being mugged.

BenG1000 - just realized that your trip is in earl May.  You haven't indicated any dates, which isn't relevant anyway, but be aware that the coronation of Rama X is happening between the 4th and 6th of May.  If that coincides with your trip, keep yourself updated on activities around town.

DivineMadman’s phrasing “they discuss us the same way as barista’s” hits the nail on the head. Bad experience, the guys will pass it on for sure, a regular they will discuss with their friends (who are not necessarily the guys in the bar), anything else (including very good tip, nice hotel etc) 50/50 if they discuss or not.

Over the years I have experienced the whole range [except the bad experience IMHO :) ].

For example.

One regular, once it was clear I was his regular, did not want me going to his bar. I would give him the bar fine for several days which he paid to the mamasan while I sipped a lime juice in Maxis. He was happy to go to other bars with me, just not his bar. Turns out in his mind he was protecting me from the Mamasan to whom I habitually gave a finder’s fee but he thought was just greedy.

Another regular I always met at the bar. When I turned up everyone knew who I was there to meet (many smiles, much fussing while they ‘united’ us). After a couple of years he graduated and got a job back home. On my first visit to the bar after my friend had gone home, the guy I offed clearly had no knowledge of the financial arrangement I had had with my friend.

On yet another occasion, on my first night I offed a guy at the buff end of my range of attraction, after a clear discussion of what I wanted. As we left the bar, after waiting for him to change, another guy returned from a short time and literally flashed into my field of vision. Instant mutual attraction. However, I had made the deal for the night and there were several nights to come, so after telling Mr Flash ‘tomorrow’ I left with Mr Buff. Who it turned out, contrary to advertising, was really more top than versatile and wonderfully enthusiastic. With the right stimulus (and also less energetic from jetlag) I can broaden my horizons and be versatile and so that is how things went. An enjoyable night for us both.

The next night I went back to check out Mr Flash. Mr Buff was there and we greeted each other, but clearly there had been discussion. My eyes were on Mr Flash, Mr Flash was angling for my attention and Mr Buff was happy to let his fiend reel me in. After confirming he would bottom, we went back to the hotel, where he clearly assumed I would bottom. The guys had been talking. However, I was no longer jet lagged. Luckily the Mamasan had been correct and Mr Flash was versatile bottom rather than top. He became my next regular.

Like DivineMadman, once I agree to take a guy off, I let him change. It helps him to feel comfortable that he has sealed the deal for the night and, if I stay to see the show (which is rare), it gives him face rather than sitting in the crowd in his underwear. The guys do seem to enjoy seeing the shows at other bars. Partly I think this is market information (they get to compare their employer to others) and in the case of Bangkok Guy, he enjoys watching the buff guys at Jupiter and Moon Bar, possibly more than I do!  

1 hour ago, DivineMadman said:

I don't think it was me, so maybe a slightly higher standard before calling someone out by name to correct them is in order.  And in the specific words in this thread I actually said they do talk about bad stuff. 

Absolutely, but it wasn’t a “correction” per se I was just trying to remember which member who mentioned it before. So maybe I should have phrased my comment more appropriately that it was a response rather than a rebuttal. My apologies for that.

This discussion was very enlighting to me and points out the difference in cultures! In Brazil the other guys in the sauna will know what you like to do, dont.like, what you pay, how big you are or arn't, by your next visit! It isn't malicious it's just business for them!                                    They gossip as much about us as we do about them!                                                Also from what I have heard from my friends who go to Thailand, Thai guys are more reticent to participate in groups or 3 or 4 ways especially if they don't know the other guys! Not in Brazil! Everyone dives in immediately!  :-).  I was at one sauna in Rio 2 weeks ago, and 4 guys came in together and they had never been in a sauna before but thought it would be a great way to earn easy money! One I thought was very cute but I had already made plans to go up with a guy already so I asked the boy if he wanted to go with us and he said yes! Then as we were walking through the bar another guy I had seen before but had never gone with smiled at us and said "can I join you?" I said are you versitle? He smiled and the 4 of us went to a room and had a great time even though none of them had ever met before!

I guess that the guys barely discussing the punters must be a BKK thing

I know that BenG1000 is not going to Pattaya (this trip)...But for sure in Pattaya every boy in the bar will know exactly what you did in bed, how big your cock is, how much you paid, where your hotel is and if you have any peculiarities within 30 mins of the boy leaving your room!

Guest guest_BenG1000

Sounds like I need to visit Pattaya at some stage ... well, I have been there when I was 15 but had no idea about bar boys; heck, I wasn't even gay then HAHAHAAAA

I've been frantically searching for some videos of gogo bars but not much to be found, if anyone has got some links .... So, when you walk into a bar, can I expect the boys to stare at me, trying to get my attention, etc or are they really waiting for me to call them over? Wait staff as well? What would be the best time to arrive at Maxi's and get a good table to see it all unfold?

Thanks guys!

Hot Male is a go go...up a flight of stairs, boys on stage or seated to the audience left of stage. Two or three mamasans usually present. I’ve found them helpful. Usually two shows a night. The later show usually had some hard core stuff...that show brings in anumber of women. Hot Male has the same ownership as Moonlight.  I’ve had several offs from HM...most provided a good time.