martinsen

TAWAN MUSCLE BAR

6 minutes ago, reader said:

If our former employers had followed that line of thinking, we'd all have been out of work at an early age.😉

and what's even worse imagine  devastation that way of thinking would bring if Thai boys followed the same concept in respect of their customers

9 minutes ago, reader said:

If our former employers had followed that line of thinking, we'd all have been out of work at an early age.😉

Oh I think with a facelift here and there, a hair transplant (if there was any left to transplant) and botox injections every six months, maybe we would have lasted a little longer. Whether everything would be in good working order is another matter, but I'm told there are medications to help. On the other hand, with all those procedures we'd probably have no cash left for trips to Thailand!

6 hours ago, GoldMember said:

Indeed. Full report will come in a couple of days. 

To make a long story short: it is now kinda shit and in no way even resembles what is was. But, I did had luck there. Even so, it was just luck, the place is dead. 

we are waiting impatiently

as for bar , I always say all we need is 1 bar and 1 boy from there

5 hours ago, orson said:

There were only 6 guys working last night. I guess most of the guys are still afraid of getting Covid. 

or they got some jobs in meantime (massage place ? ) and for lack of customers in bars they stick to what they have

On 3/7/2022 at 7:37 PM, vinapu said:

or they got some jobs in meantime (massage place ? ) and for lack of customers in bars they stick to what they have

I know 1 is working as a grab food driver, 2 are on call masseur in a spa near Dom Muang, a few works as gym instructors, 1 as motorcycle taxi. This sad news makes me afraid when I finally see the state of the new tawan. 

• Members
42 minutes ago, vinapu said:

nothing tragic, you just did not like what was on offer

I’m not exaggerating but there was only a few, heavily tattooed overweight “boys”. As I have written here in the past anyone walking in for the first time would have assumed it was a chubby chasers bar. A tragic shadow of its former self.

• Members
54 minutes ago, orson said:

I think during those times there was no competition, and customers were scarce, so no supplements nor steroids. Well I heard Arthur is back in Bangkok so hopefully he can shape up and come back on stage. 

I was last in Bangkok in January 2019, peak season. Customers weren’t scarce but boys in terms of quantity and more importantly quality were scarce bordering on non existent. Despite what this might read like I’m not being negative just reporting the facts. 
The consensus seems to be that the internet has all but destroyed the bar scene.

Here's what may be an unusual viewpoint: At its peak of its "glory days", I could never find any guy from Tawan to off. They were way too muscly for my taste.

Between competitions or in more recent (pre-Covid) years such as 2015 - 2016, I thought the selection was better. There would be some guys who were biggish but not Mr Rippled Hulk. Compared to other bars, they were also (generally speaking) more pleasant personality-wise.

Unfortunately, while the period of faded glory of the mid-decade was good by my taste, it was beginning to "fade" a bit too much in the last 2 years or so pre-Covid. Several of the regular guys there were beginning to run to fat - it's a real risk when one has become used to eating big meals but do not hit the gym as much as before. Also, my recollection is that the number of working guys were dwindling.

• Members
5 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Here's what may be an unusual viewpoint: At its peak of its "glory days", I could never find any guy from Tawan to off. They were way too muscly for my taste.

Between competitions or in more recent (pre-Covid) years such as 2015 - 2016, I thought the selection was better. There would be some guys who were biggish but not Mr Rippled Hulk. Compared to other bars, they were also (generally speaking) more pleasant personality-wise.

Unfortunately, while the period of faded glory of the mid-decade was good by my taste, it was beginning to "fade" a bit too much in the last 2 years or so pre-Covid. Several of the regular guys there were beginning to run to fat - it's a real risk when one has become used to eating big meals but do not hit the gym as much as before. Also, my recollection is that the number of working guys were dwindling.

Precisely.

I had a similar experience with @macaroni21 during their peak, some of the tawan guys had attitude. Some would even refuse to sit down with customer. And most have 2x off a night. I had the unfortunate experience that the guy fell asleep on me. He later explained he had been with a few customers earlier that night.

The demand for these guys were so high, that some ultimately had to stop working in the bar after being offed permanently by the rich gay punters.

It was only after their peak that I got to know some of the guys working there. Most are OK and down to earth once they get to know you and are less transactional in their interactions with me. 

• Members
On 5/7/2022 at 5:09 AM, orson said:

I am happy to report that tawan is alive and kicking. The shows are back sans the whips. Guys are in boxers. Most patrons don't wear masks inside. Some customers smoke in the bar. The place is small though, but about 70% of the guys are back. 

How are the boys these days? Young, muscle or what?