reader

Indie LGBT film takes top award

From Khaosod English (3 Mar.)

BANGKOK — An independent drama exploring a tragic love story of two men through the lens of Buddhism brought the most awards home from the biggest annual film awards ceremony.

“Malila: The Farewell Flower,” which came into the night with a dozen nominations, took away seven Golden Swans including Best Picture, Best Director on Saturday night at the 28th Thailand National Film Association Awards Ceremony.

The film was directed by rising transgender director Anucha Boonyawatana. She was also named best director for the film at the Singapore International Film Festival and India’s International Film Festival Kerala in 2017.

Continues with video

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/03/03/indie-lgbt-film-cleans-house-at-suphannahong-awards/

D3819FB4-789D-4527-9F22-91866B1B5D8E.jpeg

This is a wonderful movie. I did not understand much of the Thai Spirits subplot but the two men were great!!

If you want to download it using a Torrent App, it is available on the Gay Torrents web site. You must register to use the site but there is no fee. Just please continue to seed and do not repost with any mention of Gay Torrents.

while this film is not on there, I can also recommend www.filmdoo.com, which has lot's of non-mainstream films. This is the one and only site I was able to find the exceptional Cambodian film "The Last Reel", dealing with the Khmer Rouge past. A masterpiece about the abyss of inhumanity and tormented human souls that conditions such as those under the Khmer Rouge can bring about. This film left a lasting impression on me after first seeing it at the Luang Prabang Film Festival in 2015, and (among some others) got me hooked to that festival.