Hotel Reviews Bangkok

If I need a hotel near Silom / Sathorn my preference is usually either

Furama - Silom or

Furama - Sathorn

Both are good hotels imho, clean / tidy....Furama Silom Exec rooms are very nice & comfortable plus have a delightful glass enclosed bathroom so you can admire your chosen partner taking a shower should you so wish (there are roller blinds also though for other less eye pleasing bathroom activities).  Both are within walking distance of BTS Chong Nonsi.

Never any issues with joiners and tbh they have barely looked up from the reception desk when I've come back with multiple guys in on day

Bandara Suites I also like and 'might' use next month (I'm suffering from AirBNB fatigue)

Thank you so much to everyone contributing here...
I stayed at Tarntawan hotel last December as per hank75's advice and I really liked it especially its proximity to the gogo bars of my interest. This time, I am looking forward to something new. and thinking of Baan Silom Soi 3 or Silom Serene and Le Siam Silom hotel. Do these hotels allow joiners?

26 minutes ago, asnstudent said:

I am looking forward to something new. and thinking of Baan Silom Soi 3 or Silom Serene and Le Siam Silom hotel. Do these hotels allow joiners?

Information on Baan Silom Soi 3 joiner policy is already contained within this thread & a curious student should quickly find that info.

I don't know about the other two hotels, however if you take the trouble to read through a few pages of Booking.com reviews, someone will usually mention if they DON'T allow joiners (for hotels in Silom).  

z909, Thanks much for the tabulated info.. I decided to email directly to Le Siam Hotel regarding their policy toward the joiners and their reply is as follow:

"Due to our hotel policies 1 room can stay 2 person if you have joiner please leave their ID's at the front desk.

Please inform front desk when you arrival."

11 hours ago, asnstudent said:

I decided to email directly to Le Siam Hotel regarding their policy toward the joiners and their reply is as follow:

"Due to our hotel policies 1 room can stay 2 person if you have joiner please leave their ID's at the front desk.

Please inform front desk when you arrival."

Wow...a new approach to getting information...”ask directly”.  

7 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I have done that as well, particularly if staying somewhere for a few days, where I also expect some boys to be available.  

However, on my last holiday, I stayed in 22 hotels, in Thailand & neighbouring countries.   16 were hotels I hadn't tried before & I haven't read about on the gay forums either.   I invited boys back to 8 of them and had no problem with any of the hotels.    Due to a mix of culture & fun, some of the hotels were in places with not many boys & for only one or 2 nights, hence I didn't find an attractive opportunity to test the joiner policy with the other 8 hotels.   I am fussy.

The remaining 6 hotels, were either ones I had stayed at before or are known to accept guests & several guests were received in all of them. I take slightly more care when staying somewhere with a good gay scene & for a few days, as it would be a disaster if my guests were not welcomed..   

Incidentally, googling a hotel brings up all sorts of booking sites, but the hotel website and e-mail is a long way down their priority list.  

I recently discovered the Qwant search engine, which on a small sample seems much better at bringing up the actual hotel website.  

11 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Some people may prefer not to highlight to hotel weeks in advance that they plan to bring back joiners and hope to just do so discreetly, perhaps only alerting the lone late night receptionist. But the Silom hotels have pretty much seen/heard it all I imagine. 

after some research, I decided to stay at the Raya for the first half of my trip since I very much liked what I saw when jason1975 let me take a peep of his room at the Raya last year. I am still debating among Le Siam versus Baan silom soi3 versus Amber boutique for the second half. Any inputs?

16 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I’ve stayed at The Raya multiple times.  I like it very much.  However, the Raya is next to Twilight and I’m wondering (for my next visit) if there will a noise impact from the destruction and construction?

I stayed at The Raya in January and their own renovations were very noisy during the day. Not good if you like a sleep in. 

6 minutes ago, reader said:

It rarely gets mentioned but I find the Amara hotel (on Surawong immediately before Red Planet) an excellent choice for quality and value. Wonderfully comfortable bed, modern decor and a short walk to Patpong area. There's a rooftop infinity  pool and adequate gym. The buffet breakfast is served in large dining room. Hotel website and Expedia offer good range of prices. Guests are no problem. Club level rooms available and worth the splurge. The lounge is on the 20th floor and has an outdoor terrace.

In fact a boy recommended this hotel to me, though I haven’t tried it yet. Definitely worth looking into. In the same conversation he gave Montien a bad review. 

58 minutes ago, reader said:

It rarely gets mentioned but I find the Amara hotel (on Surawong immediately before Red Planet) an excellent choice for quality and value. Wonderfully comfortable bed, modern decor and a short walk to Patpong area. There's a rooftop infinity  pool and adequate gym. The buffet breakfast is served in large dining room. Hotel website and Expedia offer good range of prices. Guests are no problem. Club level rooms available and worth the splurge. The lounge is on the 20th floor and has an outdoor terrace.

Exactly my view of the Amara, too. I have stayed there a few times and always liked it very much. It is good value for money. The infinity pool is very nice and the staff is always polite and helpful. Unsurprisingly, the summer season rates can be much lower than in high season. I've also found Agoda quotes better rates for the Amara than the hotel's own website. Haven't had a guest there yet.

I looked up Amara hotel recently but gave up as all the room type are very small, 27 sq m ?

By the way, many boys loves soaking in a bath tub since I guess most of their room only has shower.

A friend of mine recently stayed at Sheraton and had a jacuzzi in the room. He is the type of person who wants get rid of the boy as soon as the business is done but the boy run a jacuzzi enjoyed all by himself while my friend watched TV feeling irritated.  lol

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

He is the type of person who wants get rid of the boy as soon as the business is done but the boy run a jacuzzi enjoyed all by himself while my friend watched TV feeling irritated.  lol

If you get a club room, it will have a sleek new tub in addition to the shower stall.

I'm never disappointed if a guy wants to hang around and enjoy the amenities.  I'll gladly accommodate those he ejects

You hang your bag on the knob.

If you find yourself in the neighborhood, Jasper,  just stop by the hotel and I'm sure they'll be delighted to take you on a tour. 

Amara Bangkok

1,755 reviews

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

#67 of 1,002 Hotels in Bangkok

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d7786915-Reviews-Amara_Bangkok-Bangkok.html