williewillie

New Boy Bar in Sunee Plaza. Dragon 789 Bar

The former boy bar, Good Boys, has closed and moved just across the darkened Sunee Plaza soi to the former Allofmetoo.

Dragon is on two floors, with the action on the second floor.  It’s been open a few weeks now.

Another new boy bar in Sunee Plaza is opening soon and it adjoins Diamond Bar and has same owner.  More on this one later.

Visited two nights ago. Much to my chagrin, only three boys working. I found none attractive. A far cry from former Good Boys, where I found the rough trade boys had many qualities. I hope things improve, maybe during next high season? Spoke to bartender he said no farang, so no boys, no boys, so no farang.

I too hope this bar will be fully operational again. However... I just can't stop thinking how this is yet again another example of how thai logic is failing.

Goodboys had problems attracting enough customers with their 150 baht drinks and "private shows" for 300 baht. So they closed down. Dragon789 opened across the street and offered drinks for 160 baht each and the boys started asking for 500 baht for that kind of "private show".

The logic is that since the customers now should pay more, then there would be more money for the business and the boys, right? The sad part is that this not always work out well. 

22 hours ago, hanan said:

I too hope this bar will be fully operational again. However... I just can't stop thinking how this is yet again another example of how thai logic is failing.

Goodboys had problems attracting enough customers with their 150 baht drinks and "private shows" for 300 baht. So they closed down. Dragon789 opened across the street and offered drinks for 160 baht each and the boys started asking for 500 baht for that kind of "private show". 

The logic is that since the customers now should pay more, then there would be more money for the business and the boys, right? The sad part is that this not always work out well. 

I totally agree. Faulty Thai logic. The interesting news I can report is: in the past two weeks, the few times I have managed to find Dragon  open, with boys, they were thrilled to accept 300B...I guess times really are dire.