williewillie

New Boy Bar in Sunee Plaza. Dragon 789 Bar

3 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Many years ago there was gay bars scene at Soi Day Night then the action moved to Sunee Plaza and nowdays it's in Jomtien Complex things change there is nothing we can do about it except cherishing the good memories from Sunee golden era.

even better idea is to use opportunities we have now as memories are just that , memories . Nice to have them but memories of yesterday's  meal are not filling our plate today. Today's meal may not be as tasty but it's what we need not to  go hungry  and bitter.

8 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Many years ago there was gay bars scene at Soi Day Night then the action moved to Sunee Plaza and nowdays it's in Jomtien Complex things change there is nothing we can do about it except cherishing the good memories from Sunee golden era.

The bigger loss is not the relocation, but the replacement of gogo bars with host bars.  

However, of course we just need to get on with it and make the best of what we have.    Had we all been born a century earlier, flying to Thailand would not have even been an option, so these are still relatively good times.

9 hours ago, z909 said:

Had we all been born a century earlier, flying to Thailand would not have even been an option, so these are still relatively good times.

Not really! ;)  If born a century ago it would have been 1919; then give another 20 years until we reached age 20 and it would have been 1939.  The first commercial flight was in 1924 on KLM.

We could have had lots of fun back in those days. 

7 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Not really! ;)  If born a century ago it would have been 1919; then give another 20 years until we reached age 20 and it would have been 1939.  The first commercial flight was in 1924 on KLM.

We could have had lots of fun back in those days. 

And how long would a flight from let’s say Amsterdam to Bangkok take in 1939, and at what cost compared to the average earnings?

Just asking. 

4 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Do I need to tell you who owns it or can you guess . . . ?

The brown shirted mafia, obviously.     I just wish they would also open a proper gogo bar as well.

Jomtien Complex host bars model is thriving , Sunee Plaza go go bars model is declining . Isn't it saying something ?

One side of the coin of Sunee Plaza was a great fun and vibrant atmosphere the other side of the coin : too many scandals in the past ,underage boys, drugs , violence and crime . Pattaya police had enough and decided to put an end to these once they did they kill of the fun as well .I doubt Sunee can survive in the near future.

43 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

Jomtien Complex host bars model is thriving , Sunee Plaza go go bars model is declining . Isn't it saying something ?

I don't believe Jomtien complex is "thriving", it looks not so busy every time I walk through there. And boring. But for people who loves ladyboy shows and who like to party with their middle aged female farang friends it seems popular.

But for the rest I actually think Jomtien complex gets more visitors because Boyztown and Sunee is shrinking and becoming less attractive. Not the other way around. I don't think it's the JC host bar model or area that is prefered - people visit JC more and more because Sunee is dying and Boyztown is getting too expensive and more oriented towards chinese women.

4 hours ago, hanan said:

I don't believe Jomtien complex is "thriving"

I don't agree.  I also don't agree with your reasoning as to why Jomtien Complex is thriving.  Jomtien Complex is thriving and has been thriving long before Sunee Plaza started having problems and Boystown prices started skyrocketing.  Jomtien Complex does quite well, even during the lowest part of low season. 

It's a different kind of atmosphere there.  There are good hotels within the complex and nearby.  The drink prices are quite reasonable.  The off fees are reasonable.  There are good restaurants in the complex and many more nearby.  It's a short walk to the beach from the complex.  It's on the baht bus route.  There is good shopping nearby.

The only thing Jomtien Complex doesn't have is go-go bars.  While I'm sure most of us would love for go-go bars to be available in the complex, it's not a long ride to the Boystown and Sunee Plaza go-go bars.

I urge everyone to give Jomtien Complex a try at least once during your next trip and judge for yourself.  Between Jomtien Complex, Sunee Plaza, and Boystown, for me no question about it.  Jomtien Complex is my preference and had been for a long time.

15 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

I urge everyone to give Jomtien Complex a try at least once during your next trip and judge for yourself.  Between Jomtien Complex, Sunee Plaza, and Boystown, for me no question about it.  Jomtien Complex is my preference and had been for a long time.

For me, who visits beer bars and go-go bars almost every night, I enjoy Sunee Plaza the most. Following that, Jomtien Complex and third on the list is Boyztown.  Of course, if one only visits once in a while, then Jomtien Complex would be the first choice.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

for me still Boyztown is the place to start every visit

I think you are about right there.

Boyztown has the most gogo bars & for those of us who like the gogo bars, it is therefore the best place to be.

Sunee has 3 gogo bars.   According to my tastes, Winner is good, Power Boys is OK and Nice Boys hardly ever has anything of interest.

Jomtien has a much better selection of host bars than Sunee, but sadly no gogos.   The problem is the boys are over dressed here.

Phone apps also have their uses, particularly if I want to be sure of long time, for example.   All that can be negotiated before meeting.

We all know the disadvantages of the phone apps. The pictures are often out of date or of poor quality. The text information can be non existent or inaccurate. Communicate by the site’s message system is slow and difficult with boys who struggle to write English.

on the other hand boys are available 24/7 and there is no off fee. Over the years I’ve had boys from all sources including beach and street pickups, but overall my biggest source has been the Sunee gogos, particularly before that location’s sad decline.

with boys it's like with food, all of us have favorite kinds and sources for it. I prefer bars  because I like interaction and l'm notoriously bad reading pictures. It's nice to have boys available 7/24 but who has money and energy  to utilize that convenience? Pure theory that it's advanvage

Jomtien especially The Complex has much stricter regulations and controls than Pattaya. Likely the Girly Go Go Bar near the Beach which has operated for years has a strong connection with The Police.  Jomtien Complex with a Number of Hotels and Residences  is unlikely to  allow Dragon to operate after Midnight..Unless of course the Complex Management have a Financial Interest TIT