jason1975

Trip report - March 2019 (last days of Twilight)

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

i find out the latest news. It is true. Twilight is closing. In April, everything will close. Z says that he will move to one of the gogo bars at Patpong to be waiter / part time boy. I boy watch at Maxis. In fact, I see some promising offs at Freshboys. But I am unlikely to off them because Y works there. Y finally comes back with his shoes. I look at label. Made in Vietnam. We laugh. He is happy and I am happy.

Thanks for the info Jason, but do you know when in April? Early or late April? Are some of them moving to soi 4 or just gone. I'm going to bangkok in Early May so I'm really nervous about half of the bars are closed before I get there. I did hear some news about new business in soi 4 (next to jupiter) so I'm a bit hopeful about that.

45 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Don’t you worry about lack of bars. Soi Twilight is closing but the bars and businesses will move all over. We shall only know once they suddenly pop out - just like Freshboys Patpong last year!

Thank you. I just hope they will reopen in new area right after soi twilight is closed, don't wanna travel there in the gap period hahha

18 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

It’s called Twilo. Quite a number of guys go there with the girls they pick up from the Patpong bars.

Wonderful. I love live music but around Silom, I don’t know where else to go apart from late night Jupiter.

Went for dinner and foot massage before going to Maxis at about 8.30pm. Quiet night. Z greeted and hugged me. He had finished cleaning duties and was waiting for customers at his bar. Paulsf arrived a few minutes later and updated me on his trip to Freshboys yesterday night. According to him, curtain boy who seemed cute wasn’t as cute upclose but still charming.

3 happy-looking Chinese customers came down from Bangkok Massage. I contemplated going in (due to the boys smiling at me at Maxis the past 3 nights) but I didn’t like my one and only experience there 2 years ago. Too cramped for my liking. Very claustrophobic but I still have 2 more days so I might give it a visit.

Paulsf and I saw quite a fair number of touts bringing customers into  Freshboys. They probably heard many good things about the bar. Moonlight and Jupiter have the glamour and glitz but for punters looking for good old fashioned offs, Freshboys is the place to go to. They have the numbers and variety. I went in at 9.30pm just to give support to Y, my regular boy. Bought him a drink and sat with him while looking at the boys on stage. Y looks dashing in the white Adidas shoes that I bought for him paired with his white briefs. But tonight I would not be with Y and I already told him in advance. At 10pm, Freshboys was filled with customers and the show would start soon. I said goodbye to Y and wished him all the best in getting a customer. I left and headed to X-Boys.

I haven't been to Maxis before but is there something so charming about this place? Everyone seems to enjoy it, and  unfortunately I won't have a chance to try it since it seems like soi twilight is closing down before my May visit.

15 minutes ago, GPAPA said:

I haven't been to Maxis before but is there something so charming about this place? Everyone seems to enjoy it, and  unfortunately I won't have a chance to try it since it seems like soi twilight is closing down before my May visit.

There is so much to like about Maxis.  First of all is the location, beat place to sit and watch the coming and goings along the whole of Soi T. But it’s more than that. Great staff, cocktails, and food. Its a place to chill in the sea of chaos.  I’ll miss it terribly. 

8 minutes ago, GPAPA said:

I think it just happens to have a disproportionate number of fans who post in this forum.  Clearly Balcony/Telephone are far more "popular".  

The food is perfectly fine and there's usually something for everyone on the menu, a nice staff that manages to be fun and friendly and competent.  The scene on the soi is both louche with all the sex trade going on, and for the longer-term visitors, even wholesome, with the kids playing football in the street, watching the "family" meals at Bangkok Massage, etc. -- so for me the people watching is better.  Seats a bit more comfortable and with a fraction more space than Balcony/Telephone, IMHO.  

But overall for me it's the staff.  They're non-offable, so it's just more an island of relaxed fun with friends and maybe a little harmless flirtation, surrounded by an ocean of fairly amusing depravity.  I'll certainly miss it more than any part of soi T.

55 minutes ago, Will7272 said:

There is so much to like about Maxis.  First of all is the location, beat place to sit and watch the coming and goings along the whole of Soi T. But it’s more than that. Great staff, cocktails, and food. Its a place to chill in the sea of chaos.  I’ll miss it terribly. 

53 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

I think it just happens to have a disproportionate number of fans who post in this forum.  Clearly Balcony/Telephone are far more "popular".  

The food is perfectly fine and there's usually something for everyone on the menu, a nice staff that manages to be fun and friendly and competent.  The scene on the soi is both louche with all the sex trade going on, and for the longer-term visitors, even wholesome, with the kids playing football in the street, watching the "family" meals at Bangkok Massage, etc. -- so for me the people watching is better.  Seats a bit more comfortable and with a fraction more space than Balcony/Telephone, IMHO.  

But overall for me it's the staff.  They're non-offable, so it's just more an island of relaxed fun with friends and maybe a little harmless flirtation, surrounded by an ocean of fairly amusing depravity.  I'll certainly miss it more than any part of soi T.

Dammm. So unlucky I won't get a chance to experience it. what a shame

Jason, I always admire your rapport with the boys and nice little touches of generosity, like taking them to venues they are comfortable in for pool and music, or thoughtfully buying work shoes for your regular. Thanks for the great report...enjoying it.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:17 PM, jason1975 said:

I was flabbergasted when Paulsf told me about Sunday’s election which meant no alcohol from 6pm Saturday which meant all bars are closed.

is that true? Saturday the whole Soi essentially closed? Why? They can't serve alcohol, but they can still serve boys and that's what people go there for, not alcoholic drinks. No?