GPAPA

Off fee and short long pricing

As I mentioned in my another thread, I'm a chinese. And I'm planning to travel to bangkok and pattaya in May for two weeks. Which made me scanning all Thailand forums I know for more info. 

So I have heard and found threads in some chinese forums talking about jupiter and whatever bars I haven't heard of, are increasing the long term tip for the boys dramatically. I think they said short time for 2500 and long time for 5000 or something. I went to bangkok last July myself and the pricing was short for 2000 and long for 3000 which I believe it is how it used to be and should be.

I'm curious if any forum members have recently traveled to bangkok and offed some boys may inform me about the pricing right now in Thailand.

I'm not sure the prices in the chinese thread I found was because that member is a newbie to Thailand and got tricked or something. Since we all know some mamasans are from hell and evil lol.

Some premium boys ask 2500 for short time but anything above 4000 long time is boy’s own hopeful expectation and customer’s goodwill. 

2000/3000 should still be the norm in most places. 

I think I know which forum you mean. It seems the young Chinese have a reputation for being generous so the boys (especially at Jupiter) ask them for higher tips. This is then passed on to other members as “fact”.

Only exception I know of are Moonlight models who ask between 3000-6000 short time. 

9 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Some premium boys ask 2500 for short time but anything above 4000 long time is boy’s own hopeful expectation and customer’s goodwill. 

2000/3000 should still be the norm in most places. 

I think I know which forum you mean. It seems the young Chinese have a reputation for being generous so the boys (especially at Jupiter) ask them for higher tips. This is then passed on to other members as “fact”.

Only exception I know of are Moonlight models who ask between 3000-6000 short time. 

Thank you, I was really curious because I offed two boys from Jupiter last July for 2000 and they were happy about it.

There is NO set rate. it all depends on the place and probably also on the guy-some places do differntiate between popular and less so guys etc.

Cheaper or less touristy places: the normal charge for Thai is more like 1000///1500-2000 for sh/lg. So compare and decide what fits you best.

As Chinese you must know the practice of suddenly raising prices when an unknown-even foreigern comes along and asks. Thai never bargain about it or even ask.

I'm not sure about muscle boys, but for twinks, reasonable rates are:

Bangkok:

Phone apps 1000~1500 short time.    Although, you might not find any takers at 1000 unless very patient.

Bars 1500~2000 short time

Pattaya:

Phone apps and cheaper bars: 1000~1300 short time.    Having said that, I only go down to 1000 if very disappointed with service.

Long time 1800~2000

In Toy Boys and some of the othere fashionable bars, they might want more.

One key difference, is there are loads of money boys in Pattaya on the phone apps, so very easy to fix a date at reasonable prices.     Most of the lads on the apps in Bangkok are not money boys.

One other way to play it in Bangkok is to find your bar boy on one of the phone apps.   If you put your location near to the gogo bars and have the apps open from early evening onwards, some of the lads will be on Grindr, Hornet & possibly other apps.   Sometimes they are very keen to work the app to get an off & you can check what the lad does & negotiate a tip before even setting foot in the bar. 

I ran some polls on tips here a few months back.   https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/12094-2018-bar-tips-poll-results/?tab=comments#comment-127912

Finally, once  you have satisfied yourself about what are reasonable tips here and by your own personal experience, PLEASE post some tip guidance on the Chinese forums.    I think it is of mutual interest to ensure tips are fair and not inflating at a rapid rate due to Chinese customers paying a lot more.    

Unless, of course you guys are making so much money you want to throw it around to get the best service.    

1 hour ago, hank75 said:

Got you. He’s worth it though!

Alrhough there are bigger stars who ask less. Perhaps he just didn’t like the customer.

I also heard that an another boy apparently quoted 4000 baht short time to a customer in his forties who is Dreamboy/Screwboys regular but never offed Jupiter boy. He was horrified. I suspect the boy didn’t like the customer. Some younger popular guys, mostly non-Thai seem choosey thanks to Chinese regulars.

30 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I also heard that an another boy apparently quoted 4000 baht short time to a customer in his forties who is Dreamboy/Screwboys regular but never offed Jupiter boy. He was horrified. I suspect the boy didn’t like the customer. Some younger popular guys, mostly non-Thai seem choosey thanks to Chinese regulars.

I tried to defend our people then realized yea some of the Chinese do tip way too much and it's making the market worse, but I think some of the jupiter guys are picky because they are mostly straight and we all know Jupiter isn't lack of female customers. They could be picky on guys.

11 minutes ago, GPAPA said:

I tried to defend our people then realized yea some of the Chinese do tip way too much and it's making the market worse, but I think some of the jupiter guys are picky because they are mostly straight and we all know Jupiter isn't lack of female customers. They could be picky on guys.

Not only Chinese from China but Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore are also part of the big spenders’ club. Not all of course, but the recent wave of heavy tippers,garland and gift givers are from the above countries. 

6 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Not only Chinese from China but Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore are also part of the big spenders’ club. Not all of course, but the recent wave of heavy tippers,garland and gift givers are from the above countries. 

well I guess some of our people just like to show off. It's been a cultural thing so I understand it tho totally don't like it 

1 hour ago, GPAPA said:

Another point that is worth to mention. Influx of female customers seems to be mostly asian (china, taiwan, hong kong, and even japanese, south korean) in gogo bars. I very rarely see farang female, with the exception of one or two when i go to gogobars. Though one boy said many people not many customer to me once, meaning they come for shows and drinks in bar and not to off them. 

24 minutes ago, spoon said:

Another point that is worth to mention. Influx of female customers seems to be mostly asian (china, taiwan, hong kong, and even japanese, south korean) in gogo bars. I very rarely see farang female, with the exception of one or two when i go to gogobars. Though one boy said many people not many customer to me once, meaning they come for shows and drinks in bar and not to off them. 

The female part I believe it's because most of the farang female came to Thailand for tourist. And some of the gay men (Like me) come to Thailand with a major purpose of going to bars or offing some boys. And the aesthetic standard in Asia is more about skinny and twinky. I don't see many of the westerner females are interested in tiny body boys.

I would say that's why we have a lot more Asian females customers in Thai gogobars.

44 minutes ago, GPAPA said:

The female part I believe it's because most of the farang female came to Thailand for tourist. And some of the gay men (Like me) come to Thailand with a major purpose of going to bars or offing some boys. And the aesthetic standard in Asia is more about skinny and twinky. I don't see many of the westerner females are interested in tiny body boys.

I would say that's why we have a lot more Asian females customers in Thai gogobars.

I think the Asian females are interested in gym fit boys especially the very handsome ones, and twunks rather than twinks. Don’t really see them with twinks or tiny boys. I do notice Western females enjoying the bars (and boys) but they are most clueless tourists...by the time they’ve figured out the system, they may have to go home and it’s probably too far for them to come back for repeat visits. Unlike Asian females who live a lot closer and probably come to bangkok several times a year anyway to go shopping and relax.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

1500-2000 short time , 3000 long time is your standard.And this is for quality guys, of the mill ones may be much less demanding

Everything above is acceptable  if you really want to test that guy. I my opinion it's better overpay and satiate curiosity than live with guilt of missed opportunity.

Nothing wrong if you stick to your pricing levels though and refuse to swim with boys demands. Sometimes they are greedy , sometimes they just fishing for naive and sometimes they know their market price and demand it.  

Nothing wrong with you acting the same , sometimes cheap, sometimes fishing how low guy go and sometimes stick to what you can afford.

Don't hold against guy if he wants too much and feel free to try again next evening. Even most popular guys need money and may experience drought periods. If they like you they may be more amendable. 

Be prepared that so called stars may be a bit disappointing at close , both looks and service  wise so pack your brain along with condoms and lubricant and chill yourself with beer before starting hunting action. 

Don't let money pinching to spoil your vacation fun but if you have a feeling that you were taken for a ride by bar boys switch to massage guys instead , at least you will get some muscle relaxation and 1-1.5 hr to ponder your next move

hahahaha Thank you for the advice, but do you have any experience with saunas? That's the only thing I haven't try in Thailand and will do. And I'm not sure how is it like, is there gonna be many people and young or?

Good advice on this thread. Pattaya of course is significantly cheaper than bkk. I’ve been there for two days now and have offed long time a delightful twink from Winner in Sunee.

There is no completion from Asian  women in Sunee. I gave the boy 2000 each time for sleeping with me and for giving a good performance. However in Winner it is necessary to be there early, say before 9.00 pm or else the most attractive boys will already have been offed. 

I have been to gay saunas in Bangkok extensively (100 times per year) in 2016 and 2017. The result is clear: too few customers are my type (18-25 slim body, brown skin, no body hair) to warrant the time and money spent. However if you are in average types of all ages above 25, you will be happy.